+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Requirements for UK Apprentice Plumber/ administration officer

Stone1991

Apr 10, 2017
Hi,

My names Jonathan and I am 25 and looking to move over Canada this year with my wife and two children. I have worked in admin at two universities for nearly 10 years but recently decided on a career change and started to re train as a plumber. I have already got my Level 2 plumbing and some work experience but know I would need to probably do more exams once over in Ontario.

My question is, what visa would be best for me and my family? I know a work visa is a possibility but that would only allow me to do admin, not plumbing as I do not have the qualifications. If I was to get a permanent residence visa would, would this allow me to work/ live/ study with no restrictions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jonathan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - if you were to get a permanent resident visa this would allow you to move to Canada and work / live / study with no restrictions. The process of immigrating to Canada is the same for someone from the UK as anywhere else in the world. Canada has a number of different immigration programs and you'll need to read about them to understand what the requirements are and what it takes to qualify. You can find detailed information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

It does take time to prepare the documents to immigrate and then also time for your application to be processed (provided you qualify and/or are selected) - so it may be a bit ambitious to plan to immigrate by the end of this year.