+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office

Paul_ca

Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

Quick (and probably stupid) question:
What is it that determines visa office that'll be proccessing an application? Is it country of residence or country of citizenship? My girlfriend is Czech citizen living in the UK, she's about to apply for study permit, but required documents are different for visa office in Vienna and the one in London. She already created MyCiC account, but we're not able to find out which visa office is "ours".
Any help appreciated.

Paul

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
My understanding is that you can choose between the office that your nationality is sorted under, or the country that you are currently residing in. I did read that somewhere on the CIC website.

krueger

Feb 3, 2016
Paul_ca said:
Hi everyone,

Quick (and probably stupid) question:
What is it that determines visa office that'll be proccessing an application? Is it country of residence or country of citizenship? My girlfriend is Czech citizen living in the UK, she's about to apply for study permit, but required documents are different for visa office in Vienna and the one in London. She already created MyCiC account, but we're not able to find out which visa office is "ours".
Any help appreciated.

Paul
Hello! Look here - ww.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp (error in adress ww instead www - i can't post links)

Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits and Work Permits

If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you are applying on paper, please do not mail in your application. Submit your application in person to the visa application centre (VAC) nearest you. VAC staff will check that your application is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees before you can give your biometrics. If you are applying from within the United States, submit your application online.

Otherwise, select the visa office that serves your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted to learn of the options available to you.

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi there,
If you are opened the CIC account, you could submit your application online and don't need to send your documents to Visa Office. Just make an electronic copy of your documents and submit them using e-mail. That pretty much easy.

Paul_ca

Feb 24, 2016
markarbet said:
Hi there,
If you are opened the CIC account, you could submit your application online and don't need to send your documents to Visa Office. Just make an electronic copy of your documents and submit them using e-mail. That pretty much easy.
Yeah, it was a miscommunication between me and my miss. I thought she's already created her CIC account when she hasn't. Now that she has, I can see the documents checklist and everything. I thank you all for your attention and help. You know how it is: everything is crystal clear at the beginning, but once I start dealing with immigration forms uncertainty settles in.

Thank you again,

Paul