+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approval from Ghana embassy?

macqi

Jan 10, 2017
please has anyone (especially Ghanaian) received student permit for 2017 intake?
My application has been at the embassy since 3rd September last year and have gotten no response, not even a mail to come for my medicals.
please do comment because I'm really disturbed. I have already missed my first admission date and missing the second might affect my funding for my PhD program. :(

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
Hello Macqi- Sorry to hear about your situation. I am also in the same boat as you. I filed for a work permit on October 21 and to this day I am yet to receive any information. I also know of 2 others in the same situation. There seems to be a current push by the accra visa office to process permanent residency applications versus other types of visas. That said I hope you hear something by the end of the month.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
macqi said:
please has anyone (especially Ghanaian) received student permit for 2017 intake?
My application has been at the embassy since 3rd September last year and have gotten no response, not even a mail to come for my medicals.
please do comment because I'm really disturbed. I have already missed my first admission date and missing the second might affect my funding for my PhD program. :(
Did you apply online or paper?

macqi

Jan 10, 2017
I submitted paper application on 25th of August at the application center and was received at the embassy on 3rd September.

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
I think there is always a problem with the embassy from September applicants downwards each year. I knew lots of people including me who applied September 2015, but received my visa in March 2016. It will come just that it will take longer than expected

Sogor

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
I applied for visitor visa peper based at pretoria office South Africa on the 10 of August 2016 still to day nothing no update i would go to attend the conference last September and the processing time was that time 10 days but still to day no news from them

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
Sogor said:
I applied for visitor visa peper based at pretoria office South Africa on the 10 of August 2016 still to day nothing no update i would go to attend the conference last September and the processing time was that time 10 days but still to day no news from them
I would contact your visa office if I were you. Something is not right.

Bediako

Jan 3, 2017
macqi said:
Macqi- Any updates? You should have heard something by now....

macqi

Jan 10, 2017
Bediako said:
Nope. Crazy huh? 18 weeks and counting. The situation is beyond comical...
Crazy will be understatement for me...24 weeks and still counting...just don't know what to do.