+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Futurstar03

Apr 13, 2017
Thank you for your answer. You mentioned the medical exams potentially becoming outdated, how did you figure about in your case? I'm worried the same might happen to us as we did not provide them upfront but rather in April when required by CIC.
I think the medicals are only good for a year so I guess it is safer to provide them upon request like you did so there's more of a chance that they will not expire during the process. We took a gamble by doing the medicals way before submitting the application we are just lucky to have had an officer look at our file and process it quicker because we had expiring medicals. We were confident that we had a strong application so in our case I think it helped us get processed faster but if there were concerns with our application than we would have been forced to re-do them...

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you for your answer. You mentioned the medical exams potentially becoming outdated, how did you figure about in your case? I'm worried the same might happen to us as we did not provide them upfront but rather in April when required by CIC.
Medicals are generally only valid for 1 year. Usually your CoPR will have an expiry date which is a year after the medicals.

Reactions: t85926

t85926

Oct 11, 2017
I think the medicals are only good for a year so I guess it is safer to provide them upon request like you did so there's more of a chance that they will not expire during the process. We took a gamble by doing the medicals way before submitting the application we are just lucky to have had an officer look at our file and process it quicker because we had expiring medicals. We were confident that we had a strong application so in our case I think it helped us get processed faster but if there were concerns with our application than we would have been forced to re-do them...
Glad to hear it all worked out for the best in your case. Hopefully same goes with our case. Just out of curiosity, how did you find out the officer processed your case fast due to expiring medical exams? Or did you just assume it was the case since they were expiring in 1 month? I'm trying to figure out where we are standing in their processing queue considering our application was transferred to Vienna on may 10th. Thanks and congrats again on your application being completed!

Futurstar03

Apr 13, 2017
Glad to hear it all worked out for the best in your case. Hopefully same goes with our case. Just out of curiosity, how did you find out the officer processed your case fast due to expiring medical exams? Or did you just assume it was the case since they were expiring in 1 month? I'm trying to figure out where we are standing in their processing queue considering our application was transferred to Vienna on may 10th. Thanks and congrats again on your application being completed!
I do hope yours goes quickly as well! I didn't find out anything from the officer I'm just making an assumption. I just think it makes sense to work on files in the order of expiring medicals but I don't have any intel on how decisions are actually made. Thank you we are very happy!

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
6.October medical done
On October 12th he sent police certificate and schA
now I am waiting for AOR2 ...
and transfer to the vienna office

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Vienna immigration centre
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
6.October medical done
On October 12th he sent police certificate and schA
now I am waiting for AOR2 ...
and transfer to the vienna office
Wish u all the best bro

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017

my ESCA says medical is received if necessary another review will send me a request but I can not see my police certificat and schedA that they have been received by the courier service, it was received on Monday, I followed the parcel, I'm not sure that the data was received> how do I know that this has come to them. ???

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
received mail my application was transferred to the Vienna office. Does that mean AOR 2 ??
or I am awaiting the Vienna office decision?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
this is supposedly what an AOR2 from the NDVO looks like (sample from spreadsheet), is your email similar:

"Date: <MMM DD, YYYY>

Application- <F000000000>

UCI <XXXXXXXX(XX)>

Email- <PA EMAIL ADDRESS>

Dear <PA FIRSTNAME> <PA LASTNAME>

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

1. Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

2. Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:

· All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.

NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: www.cic.gc.ca or www.india.gc.ca should you require more information on the processing of your application.

Planning ahead

If your application is approved, you will be encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions will be available to you, your spouse and your dependants once your application is approved. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website. Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting: Canada.ca/francoimmigration.

You are encouraged to take advantage of free IRCC resources available online. Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada, is available at cic.gc.ca/publications. You will also find the videos entitled “Before You Arrive in Canada” and “Your First Two Weeks in Canada” on the IRCC YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CitImmCanada , which provide key information you need to consider before coming to Canada and just after you arrive. The Living in Canada tool, which provides you with a personalised settlement plan and identifies the closest Immigrant-Serving Organization offering the services you need, is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/English/index.

We also encourage you to visit our website Prepare for life in Canada where you can find additional helpful resources.

The following organizations offer free pre-arrival services, either online or in your geographic area.

Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) www.newcomersuccess.ca

India2Canada www.abbotsfordcommunityservices.com/programs

PrepCan www.prepcan.ca

S.U.C.C.E.S.S. www.aeipsuccess.ca and www.successbc.ca

BuildON www.buildonbatit.com

University of Manitoba www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/coned/english/readyformb

If you have applied for immigration to Canada through Immigration-Québec your integration journey will be supported by the Government of Québec. Québec bound immigrants may also find some useful integration information in this Guide for Successful Integration.

Please be aware that being eligible for, or actually participating in an orientation session, is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will ultimately be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa.

The purpose of pre-arrival services is to help potential immigrants take early action to prepare for their new lives in Canada. Such pre-arrival services are expected to facilitate faster and more efficient economic and social integration of newcomers to Canada by effectively addressing needs earlier in the integration continuum and improving linkages between pre-arrival and domestic (in-Canada) services.

The organizations listed above provide a range of in-person and/or online services. More information about the services available and how to register can be found on their websites.

Pre-arrival services and sessions are very popular and space may be limited. We encourage you to explore the websites and register early.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.
"

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
we sent all the required documents requiring a police certificate, sched A, a medical request, we should have sent everything by 20.10.2017, done, they sent us a mail to transfer the permanent resident application to the Vienna office.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Thanks for letting me know, so you'd say the Vienna office is a particularly slow one? The background check is our final thing to do, we've completed medical, had relationship approved, been approved for sponsorship etc. so i was hoping it wouldn't take too long from here!
What are those criminal record checks that are mentioned in your timeline?

t85926

Oct 11, 2017
I do hope yours goes quickly as well! I didn't find out anything from the officer I'm just making an assumption. I just think it makes sense to work on files in the order of expiring medicals but I don't have any intel on how decisions are actually made. Thank you we are very happy!
Did you receive an Invitation to Pre-arrival services few days before you got DM by any chance? I just got this message detailing the services we entitled to in order to prepare my wife's arrival.

MiaMartin333

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
File Transfer...
30-06-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
10-05-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2017
LANDED..........
25-11-2017
My status just turned to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." today. How many days passed between receiving this message and getting DM for all of you going through Vienna? :)

Reactions: Nina53