+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

tajc

Apr 8, 2011
@ Lucky Rain.....
Same here, we made a mistake too. Forgot to send an important paper, and e-cas still shows medicals received. But hey, patience is a life-style....not by choice tough....lol

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
1 Sep 2010 ; redo 20 Dec 2011
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
lucky rain said:
I messed up , I paid my ROPRF later when my pprs arrived in Vienna , so I guess it`s gonna take longer than usual :(
It takes longer if you pay RPRF at the end when they ask you to.

Since you already payed it, Vienna will just ask Mississauga for confirmation and that's it. Confirmation is by email so it won't take long.

allia_s said:
OMG :eek: I checked my ecas and it says "decision made"

@ Serdj : Congratulations, I am really happy for you!
Is that decision made for first stage or process is over? :)

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
tajc said:
@ Lucky Rain.....
Same here, we made a mistake too. Forgot to send an important paper, and e-cas still shows medicals received. But hey, patience is a life-style....not by choice tough....lol
Depends what that paper is. Maybe they'll just need it to add it to your file or archives and move on with your application.
The only delay is that particular amount of time until they get it.

lucky rain

Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
@ Serdj, I know that is way I paid as soon as we were approved in Mississauga, but mistake was I emailed that receipt to Mississauga but they do not open emails with attachments (as I was told), so I had to mail and fax that again almost month and a half later.

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
That was my remark about emails and attachments few posts earlier. I've been searching trough this forum about RPRF when I had problems few days ago and I found that people usually faxed receipts.
Anyway they have it now it will be ok :)

smokovnitsa

Nov 28, 2011
Serdj977 said:
That was my remark about emails and attachments few posts earlier. I've been searching trough this forum about RPRF when I had problems few days ago and I found that people usually faxed receipts.
Anyway they have it now it will be ok :)
SERGE CONGRATS.
Your interview was 7 days prior to ours. when did your e-cas start showing in process? thanks

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
We applied 27 Sep 2010. I was able to log on e-cas somewhere in March 2011. Nothing changed until 20 Sep when they added line about my interview.
It still says "in process" although I received passport request.

I wouldn't rely on e-cas that much.

How did it go on the interview? Was it selection or security interview?

smokovnitsa

Nov 28, 2011
Serdj977 said:
We applied 27 Sep 2010. I was able to log on e-cas somewhere in March 2011. Nothing changed until 20 Sep when they added line about my interview.
It still says "in process" although I received passport request.

I wouldn't rely on e-cas that much.

How did it go on the interview? Was it selection or security interview?

they got out application on 20th of Feb 2011 from Missasauga.and sent AOR on March 8th 2011... and already called on April 20th for interview. That interview was postponed as I was oversease. So new interview (selection I assume since they asked nothing about security,just relationship) was on 25th of Sept 2011. After interview they told me they forgot my miletary book so they rerequested and was sent to them. Showing "In Process" ever since than (1st week of October). We provided Medical with application so no medical was requested from Vienna office. No news ever since, still showing InProcess. What is security interview? Do they call for 2 interviews?

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
If interview was about your relationship, that's selection interview. If they had doubts about genuineness of your relationship they invite you for selection interview.
Security interview is usually required when one served in military during war (that was my case) or there's some criminality issues or something that seems threatening to Canadian security.

If you don't have complicated military history they won't require you to attend security interview.

If you applied in February 2011. You'll have to redo medicals since they expired by now. That's probably next step. Visa office will send you letter with instructions when that time comes. Don't do it on your own.

Do you have any idea why it takes this long for you?

smokovnitsa

Nov 28, 2011
Serdj977 said:
Do you have any idea why it takes this long for you?
No clue. In October we got an email saiing they were putting our file in queue for visa. We requested copies of CAIPS files (by freedom of inf act) back in September , and still haven't received any. End of January in Ottawa they told us they were coming and were mailed from Vienna beginning of Jan 2012. Than 4 weeks ago they said they were being mailed from Ottawa to us. Now 4 weeks later it turns out they were never mailed from Ottawa.
We emailed embassy back in Nov and they said they were proceeding with background checks, now 3 months later we emailed follow up and haven't gotten reply from them in over week and a half. (did not serve army!, which is written in the military book).
We are not sure if Processing Time refers to time when the ecas start showing "In Process". We wonder if maybe our application wasn't even looked at until after the interview

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
That's strange, it takes around one month to get CAIPS (now called GCMS) notes by regular mail.

smokovnitsa said:
We emailed embassy back in Nov and they said they were proceeding with background checks, now 3 months later we emailed follow up and haven't gotten reply from them in over week and a half. (did not serve army!, which is written in the military book).
There must be something that's causing delays... Background checks take more time not just if you served in army. It takes more time if you traveled a lot or lived in more then one country etc.

smokovnitsa said:
We are not sure if Processing Time refers to time when the ecas start showing "In Process". We wonder if maybe our application wasn't even looked at until after the interview
The processing time starts when Vienna receives your file (AOR date). In your case that's March 8th 2011. It exceeded average processing time of 8 months. Must be the background checks...

smokovnitsa

Nov 28, 2011
Serdj977 said:
That's strange, it takes around one month to get CAIPS (now called GCMS) notes by regular mail.

There must be something that's causing delays... Background checks take more time not just if you served in army. It takes more time if you traveled a lot or lived in more then one country etc.

The processing time starts when Vienna receives your file (AOR date). In your case that's March 8th 2011. It exceeded average processing time of 8 months. Must be the background checks...
YES-I did live in 2 countries and on 2 continents since I was 18.

I am going to Vienna in April, and If I don't hear from them by than I think I will stop by Embassy and ask them to speak with my visa officer and try asking what's going on. They even asked us to pay right of permanent residence fee back in Sept during my interview, before Mississauga would contact us, which was done 5 months ago now. Maybe the fact that we postponed interview for 6 months really did delay things quite alot.

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
That might be the reason... 2 countries. It takes longer to conduct background checks. And that postponing too might be the part of the reason why it takes long.

smokovnitsa said:
I am going to Vienna in April, and If I don't hear from them by than I think I will stop by Embassy and ask them to speak with my visa officer and try asking what's going on.
You can try but I'm not sure that your officer will talk to you in person.
Have you consider contacting your MP? VO is obligated to respond to MP's inquiry.

Good thing is that you payed RPRF. Paying it at the end, verification and all that stuff would postpone things for another 2 months.

smokovnitsa

Nov 28, 2011
Serdj977 said:
That might be the reason... 2 countries. It takes longer to conduct background checks. And that postponing too might be the part of the reason why it takes long.

You can try but I'm not sure that your officer will talk to you in person.
Have you consider contacting your MP? VO is obligated to respond to MP's inquiry.

Good thing is that you payed RPRF. Paying it at the end, verification and all that stuff would postpone things for another 2 months.
when they told me they were putting visa in "queue" I think that might mean/or probably does mean that they just started "processing"
according to their web "putting file in queue" is initial proces(beginning). I think I might have at least 8 months from that time.(unless something is screwed up).

"A13: It is normal for some actions to not be reflected in CAS for many weeks due to the volume of information received at the visa offices and the case processing centres.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review as applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this initial queue can be lengthy, depending on the standard processing times. Applications are processed according to the Application Processing Time at a given location."

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
smokovnitsa said:
when they told me they were putting visa in "queue" I think that might mean/or probably does mean that they just started "processing"
according to their web "putting file in queue" is initial proces(beginning). I think I might have at least 8 months from that time.(unless something is screwed up).
If they used those exact words "putting visa in queue" I truly understand why is that so confusing for you. I'm confused too. Sounds like : "we are done with you but why don't you just wait a little bit" lol.
Well that's what it sounds to me... but looks like "Visa in queue" is related to "application in process" or "application pending".

E-Cas is not reliable source of information regarding what's going on with your application in real time. Mine is still "in process" and I think it won't change to "decision made" until I land... so don't torture yourself with info's on E-Cas :)

One more thing...
When VO conducting background checks they probably have to make contacts with agencies or governments in all the countries you lived in. It's unknown how long it takes for VO to get those feedback's.
There's lots of "parameters" in this process...

Anyhow Vienna is one of the fastest visa offices out there.