+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very worried about my passport

navalona

Jun 19, 2017
Hello
Me and my friend plan to go to Canada next week. We took the same process for Visitor visa, separately of course. After receiving a letter demanding our passport, we sent it to VAC in New York from Pennsylvania, I got an email as a receipt. We keep receiving update on our application by email.
My friend had his passport shipped back. Mine hasn't even left New York according to the tracking system of usps.

I checked my cic.gc.ca account, there are two line on the document status: one with empty cell in the "Status updated date" correspond to a mistaken name has status "Your document is valid", one above it with a recent "status updated" has a status "Your document is invalid" and the name is correct. Both are for passport. What does it mean ? For information, I checked all my application and I didn't make any mistake in name.
On the "Final Decision" in "Application status" however, I got "Your application was approved".
So is it or not ? I'm very worried about it.
What should I do ?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hello
Me and my friend plan to go to Canada next week. We took the same process for Visitor visa, separately of course. After receiving a letter demanding our passport, we sent it to VAC in New York from Pennsylvania, I got an email as a receipt. We keep receiving update on our application by email.
My friend had his passport shipped back. Mine hasn't even left New York according to the tracking system of usps.

I checked my cic.gc.ca account, there are two line on the document status: one with empty cell in the "Status updated date" correspond to a mistaken name has status "Your document is valid", one above it with a recent "status updated" has a status "Your document is invalid" and the name is correct. Both are for passport. What does it mean ? For information, I checked all my application and I didn't make any mistake in name.
On the "Final Decision" in "Application status" however, I got "Your application was approved".
So is it or not ? I'm very worried about it.
What should I do ?
You can only wait.

Be patient.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Thanks for quick reply.
Do you think everything is okay? What is the meaning of "Final Decision" since the "document invalid" appeared after the final decision, very confusing.
It can mean many things. Nonetheless you cannot do anything at this point but wait.

Good luck.

Reactions: navalona

tony_menero

Sep 21, 2017
@navalona What was the end result, was you passport and visa ok? I experienced the same with the last update on my CIC account and am also a little confused and worried.