App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Just to add another one to the mix. I'm American and my wife is Canadian. Our parents did not attend the wedding, that's a lot of travel and it wasn't gonna be a big blow out anyway. A couple witnesses, who were her friends up here, in a living room and that was it. We did include pictures of us together back in the States when she would come down there and some pictures of us up here, blah blah blah. I think we put copies of airline tickets in there too but that was about it.

We also did the long distance thing for a few years before finally moving in together, with some visits in-between. We didn't really have any phone records or anything like that to include, we mostly used Skype. They never mentioned anything about the validity of it. I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited:

fullofturtles

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 30 2016
Passport Req..
Sept 16 2016
Thanks everyone for the overwhelming support and good ideas!

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Married with no witnesses, didn't send photos or any supporting documents. I don't recall they needing it when you're married after 3 years. They used to require more stuff that's what I've been told. We simply wrote why there was no fiesta.