+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validation of IMM008

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have been filling out our forms with Adobe Pro so they can be saved and then reedited and so on before we finally decide to print them.

Then there was a note on the CIC website
Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

My Adobe Pro couldn't read it but I finally figured out that I could download Adobe Reader and then it reads the form and validates it.

My question is....

IMM008 seemed to have changed to this new format.
How about any other forms, do they stay the same? Just wondering if I have to redo them all again or not!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can still use the old forms as they will be accepted until March 31, 2012. Schedule 1 has now changed to Schedule A with a new number.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
some people are saying CIC is resending back app so that the generic form be completed which is opposite of what website says of old forms being accepted

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
some people are saying CIC is resending back app so that the generic form be completed which is opposite of what website says of old forms being accepted
I haven't seen or heard this.

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
'Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing'

What is that supposed to mean???

And if what Kedeisha said is true 'sending back applications so applicants can send the generic form,' that is absolutely ridiculous. If they are to make such a drastic change then an issue as big as this should be adressed as widely as posting on the home page of CIC.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
I haven't seen or heard this.
i personally hope its not true bcuz while i did use new forms it would be really annoying for others to redo forms especially with an overseas spouse

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
Schedule 1 has now changed to Schedule A with a new number.
What exactly does the above statement mean?

Also just to double check, so if I have completed the new IMM008 and every other form is from a few months ago. This should be ok?

To be safe should I send the new and old IMM008 in or will that just confuse things?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It just means that what was formerly called Schedule 1 (Background/Declaration) is now the Schedule A and it has a different IMM ####. Just send in the new version, they don't need both.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
'Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing'

What is that supposed to mean???

And if what Kedeisha said is true 'sending back applications so applicants can send the generic form,' that is absolutely ridiculous. If they are to make such a drastic change then an issue as big as this should be adressed as widely as posting on the home page of CIC.
It means fill the forms out on the computer and when finished, click the VALIDATE button and two (or more) barcodes will be generated. Then print it and sign it and that's the form you use. As far as what Kedeisha wrote, I have not seen anyone say this on this forum, it has not happened to any of my clients and none of my colleagues have reported this happening. So while it may have happened to someone, I have not seen it.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
It means fill the forms out on the computer and when finished, click the VALIDATE button and two (or more) barcodes will be generated. Then print it and sign it and that's the form you use. As far as what Kedeisha wrote, I have not seen anyone say this on this forum, it has not happened to any of my clients and none of my colleagues have reported this happening. So while it may have happened to someone, I have not seen it.
madatito2000 said:
no they send it back for this reason not for another my spouse called immigration n they told her its ok the old forms still accepted but we just have to fillout this new form IMMGENRIC IMM0008 geniric
and this is elctronicy not online imean you have fillout using ur computer then fillout the print then sign it that is it

mikamisa

Dec 28, 2011
Hi,

I also have questions about this. I tried to print the form even it is not filled up completely. I validated it asking to fill up the missing info but still i printed it and the barcodes didn't show up. Does it mean that barcodes will not show up if the form is not filled up?

Thanks!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
mikamisa said:
Hi,

I also have questions about this. I tried to print the form even it is not filled up completely. I validated it asking to fill up the missing info but still i printed it and the barcodes didn't show up. Does it mean that barcodes will not show up if the form is not filled up?

Thanks!

the form shld be completely filled up and filled up correctly (example date fields/po box shld be numbers) before u can generate and print the barcodes. that's what "validate" is supposed to do :)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Boracay said:
We have been filling out our forms with Adobe Pro so they can be saved and then reedited and so on before we finally decide to print them.

Then there was a note on the CIC website
Note: As of July 18, 2011, applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete the new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Applicants are encouraged to complete the form electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application form, please use the link to the application form below.

My Adobe Pro couldn't read it but I finally figured out that I could download Adobe Reader and then it reads the form and validates it.

My question is....

IMM008 seemed to have changed to this new format.
How about any other forms, do they stay the same? Just wondering if I have to redo them all again or not!

the latest versions are november 2011 for some forms, some are july 2011 but the questionnaires are still april 2008. we have also filled up before november but we re-did it to use the newest ones. it was bothersome but it's better than to risk it not sending the new forms.