App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
Hello,

I'm a CEC Inland.
Couple of days ago, I received my COPR and passport stamped with PR visa.
The letter that came with COPR said that I have 2 options to validate the COPR and they were
1 . Book an appointment with IRCC.
2. Enter Canada internationally from a different country.

I called IRCC to book an appointment, but they said they'll notify my when to book the appointment.

Is this some new procedure or the agent I spoke to misinformed me?
I see lot of people saying that it takes time to book an appointment with IRCC.
I'm in no hurry, but my questions is can I keep working if my work permit expires before I validate my COPR?
My WP is expiring end of June.

Thanks!

Reactions: Tomi2

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
KrishnaManohar said:
I called IRCC to book an appointment, but they said they'll notify my when to book the appointment.

Is this some new procedure or the agent I spoke to misinformed me?

That does sound strange... perhaps you misunderstood? Perhaps try calling again -

I see lot of people saying that it takes time to book an appointment with IRCC.
I'm in no hurry, but my questions is can I keep working if my work permit expires before I validate my COPR?

Of course not. You are not a PR until you complete your landing. If your work permit expires before you do that, you will be out of status.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Hi Iam also a CEC Inland.
So to validate the COPR is not neccesary leave Canada and re-enter? Can I do it by an appointment? How long it takes?

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The procedure is a follow:
1. You call CIC and they are sending request for appointment to the nearest office located to you.
2. Office will reply to you in an email with date and time for the appointment (this can take max to 3 weeks but as per my case they replied after 4 days)

I was thinking to go to boarder after I read topis here and find out that office has 3 weeks to reply to you, but luckly they responded much faster and now I can save some time and money on fuel :)

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
are you sure?? I thought when you receive the confirmation of PR, you can then go to get your new SIN number which means you can use your new SIN to work, you don't have to wait until you do the landing.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
argieargie said:
are you sure?? I thought when you receive the confirmation of PR, you can then go to get your new SIN number which means you can use your new SIN to work, you don't have to wait until you do the landing.
You have to land before you can apply for your new SIN.

ladybug8888

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
argieargie said:
Your COPR is not valid until It gets signed while landing.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I just did my landing via appointment on Monday at Etobicoke. The process is as ladybug8888 described.

After I received my CoPR I called the CIC phone line and spoke to an agent. I explained that I would like to book an appointment to do the landing, so she put the request in with the nearest office. I also asked that they call me to schedule the appointment since I live 10 hours away from the office and I figured a phone conversation is easiest way to get a date that works for me.

A week later the CIC office called me, and she was very nice. I explained what date works best for me, even though it was roughly a month after the date of the conversation. She said that she has me marked for that date, but they won't send a confirmation until a week before.

I got the email last week and did the landing on Monday. It's a very straight forward process, they even had Service Canada booths and I got my permanent SIN right there and then. The entire process took maybe 15 minutes.

ninocalifa

Mar 24, 2010
1. You call CIC and they are sending request for appointment to the nearest office located to you.
2. Office will reply to you in an email with date and time for the appointment (this can take max to 3 weeks but as per my case they replied after 4 days)

I was thinking to go to boarder after I read topis here and find out that office has 3 weeks to reply to you, but luckly they responded much faster and now I can save some time and money on fuel :)
Hi buddy.
Do you have the phone number by any chance?

nehemiahEE

Jun 2, 2015
How long does it take to get the PR card ? Also, do we get PR card faster if we do landing at border or via appointment in CIC office?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The waiting time for the PR card is the same no matter where you land.

Current waiting times are approximately 60 days.

billy1311

Sep 13, 2017
Hello can someone please suggest which options is better and why, considering the conditions mentioned below:

# Not having a US visa can we still go to a port of entry like Niagra falls and and perform the flag pole.
# What if the work permit has expired and an application for the same has been submitted to CIC, but the COPR application got approved earlier than the WP.

Thanks in advance.

PG-BColumbia

Mar 28, 2015

What province or city are you located?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello can someone please suggest which options is better and why, considering the conditions mentioned below:

# Not having a US visa can we still go to a port of entry like Niagra falls and and perform the flag pole.
# What if the work permit has expired and an application for the same has been submitted to CIC, but the COPR application got approved earlier than the WP.

Thanks in advance.
a.- you can go to US border without VISA and you refuse yourself the US entrance, they (US Officer) will give you a letter to Canadian officer border for flag poling
b.- if you apply for a work permit extension, it will be cancelled after you land