+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK. Guys, just a few minutes after my post, credit card charged. Delivery was on 10-July, and charged on 6-October.

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
OK. Guys, just a few minutes after my post, credit card charged. Delivery was on 10-July, and charged on 6-October.

Good news, my recived date agust 15 but deadline is 20 november. What do you think? if i won't get response my case will be refuse:( I am very worry

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
When CIC requested a FBI clearance they said I had 90 days (I think it was 90 days). Because of the long processing times, I am afraid I won't have enough time to receive my clearance and mail it to CIC. Is there anyway to extend the time limit or should I write a letter stating that I have done as much as I can to get my clearance but the processing time is very long currently?

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news, my recived date agust 15 but deadline is 20 november. What do you think? if i won't get response my case will be refuse:( I am very worry
I guess an application missing U.S. PPC can still be submitted with an explanation letter.
You can provide proof of request submission and make up the PPC afterwards.

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
I guess an application missing U.S. PPC can still be submitted with an explanation letter.
You can provide proof of request submission and make up the PPC afterwards.
I am sorry what is the PPC ? unfortunalty I dont have any proof I just send my form USPS without traking number :(

ankit_shah63

Oct 8, 2017
Here is my Timeline for FBI Police check if it helps anyone.
I applied from India.
On the website, it said the current processing times are 10-12 WEEKS.
For me, the entire process, from start to finish, almost took 15 weeks.
If you submit your Credit card info, make sure your credit card is eligible for international transactions.

Package sent to FBI on 12th June, 2017
Package received by FBI on 20th June,2017
Credit card charged on 29th August,2017
PCC was mailed out by FBI on 11th September, 2017
PCC was received by me on October 5th, 2017

Reactions: ChippyBoy

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
I applied from India.
If you submit your Credit card info, make sure your credit card is eligible for international transactions.

Hi why mail out date and recived date between so long? they sent from USA or in India?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi, I mailed my Indian PCC application to Chicago Consulate on 9/25. The Fedex return label updated to 'in transit' on 10/5 but I did not hear anything from the Consulate regarding my application. Their website says 'applicants will be informed when clearance is received'.

Did anyone here who mailed PCC application to Chicago or any other Consulate in US hear from them before receiving the return package with PCC? Thanks.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I applied from India.

Thanks for posting this timeline up on here. I mailed my FBI IdHSC request in to them in mid-July (i.e., 12 weeks ago now; with a U.S. postal order payment), so I can hope that mine will be coming in just a couple of weeks or so.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Guys, does anyone know if we can change the delivery address for the FBI certificate? I gave my friend's address in USA for delivery but he might not be available at his place.. thinking of sending it to another friend. can this be done?
Did you find the answer for your question? I also need to change my address for Canadian one otherwise I will simply waste time on waiting.

deepak_malik

Oct 10, 2017
I submitted US FBI Police Clarence in Sept. However the technician who finger printed my wife and I gave us an older version of credit card payment form. That form didn't have 3 digit Credit Card Verification code.

Has someone faced same issue ? and what was the outcome ? Can I call FBI can give them CCV# against my application. I added my phone # on application form and I believe FBI should call me. Any inputs ?

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
I submitted US FBI Police Clarence in Sept. However the technician who finger printed my wife and I gave us an older version of credit card payment form. That form didn't have 3 digit Credit Card Verification code.

Has someone faced same issue ? and what was the outcome ? Can I call FBI can give them CCV# against my application. I added my phone # on application form and I believe FBI should call me. Any inputs ?
I dont think they would need CVV to process the cc payment....the new form doesnt have this field either.