+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Duration of Stay during Interview @ Port of Entry

nomashman

Sep 16, 2017
hello friends,

As part of my immigration process, I am landing in Canada in a couple of weeks with my family. My stay will be for about 9 days and then I'll come back to attend and close a few important employment and family related issues before I permanently move to Canada after a few months.
My question is,

1 - when the immigration officer asks for the intended duration of stay, will that be a problem to truthfully inform him of my duration of stay as above? Also, in funds declaration form, there is a field that asks to disclose the duration of stay at the time of entry.

2 - What are the chances that the immigration officer will decline us entry if duration of stay is informed as above?

3 - Worse case scenario, what are my legal options if I am denied the entry based on my duration of stay? Truthfully, the reason behind the short duration of stay is settlement of liabilities in my home country before I permanently move to Canada. Would that help if I share the nature of liabilities along with the detail therein?

Appreciate a detailed, legal oriented response. Also, please share your experiences if anyone of you has run into an unfavorable situation due to this.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

nomashman

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello friends,

As part of my immigration process, I am landing in Canada in a couple of weeks with my family. My stay will be for about 9 days and then I'll come back to attend and close a few important employment and family related issues before I permanently move to Canada after a few months.
My question is,

1 - when the immigration officer asks for the intended duration of stay, will that be a problem to truthfully inform him of my duration of stay as above? Also, in funds declaration form, there is a field that asks to disclose the duration of stay at the time of entry.

2 - What are the chances that the immigration officer will decline us entry if duration of stay is informed as above?

3 - Worse case scenario, what are my legal options if I am denied the entry based on my duration of stay? Truthfully, the reason behind the short duration of stay is settlement of liabilities in my home country before I permanently move to Canada. Would that help if I share the nature of liabilities along with the detail therein?

Appreciate a detailed, legal oriented response. Also, please share your experiences if anyone of you has run into an unfavorable situation due to this.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

nomashman
Hi

Answer truthfully. You will not be denied landing. There is no legal requirement that you remain in Canada for any amount of time after landing.

There are hundreds of threads about this topic on the forum, so you can have a look to see the experiences of others.