+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Ottawa M.Eng Jan 2018

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hmm they didnt even started looking at application till september i guess they were too busy with september intake. Even my friend got mail on 28 july to submit few missing docs. They can write whatever in site it doesnot matter it also says it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get application results but we all know that didnt happened.

Princyvashisht25

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hmm they didnt even started looking at application till september i guess they were too busy with september intake. Even my friend got mail on 28 july to submit few missing docs. They can write whatever in site it doesnot matter it also says it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get application results but we all know that didnt happened.
Yeah ! True
hope for the best !

Princyvashisht25

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
On 28 july my application was completed for evaluation.
i just don't know how could they make a quick decision on your file ! My file turned to "under evaluation" on 28th of june.
And yes they also said that the reason for the rejection will be notified via email. What's going on M confused !

Jagansran

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
J
i just don't know how could they make a quick decision on your file ! My file turned to "under evaluation" on 28th of june.
And yes they also said that the reason for the rejection will be notified via email. What's going on M confused !
Yeah ! Me too confused. I don't know what's going on. I have already mailed twice asking for the reason of rejection but no reverts yet. ‍♀

Jagansran

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Finally i got reason for the refugal from ottawa.

Good morning Jagandeep,
Our admissions committee has carefully reviewed your application. Although you meet the minimum program requirements, the program has a limited enrollment. It receives a large number of applications. Unfortunately, your application was not competitive enough to be selected.
Sincerely,
Lise

Even 79% of mine isn't 'competitive enough' they must be admitting from harvard

Jagansran

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
What a shitty excuse seriously i have no hope of getting an offer letter from them now.
Yeah. Their response lacks details. Is it even possible that they are having cut off more than 80% ?
What are they MITs or Harvard ?
I think they are just collecting application fee.
Even Carleton and Windsor are taking too much time.
I doubt their procedures.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Yeah exactly if they have limited seats then accept or limited application as well why your accepting tons of application just because ur getting 100$ each. UBC was the best that I have applied in after submitting application got accepted within a week time but unfortunately there fees was too much for me.