Unable to link my paper application to online

Onims

Jul 26, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
20-09-2017
Application CIC received on Aug 8th, I am still not able to link my application even that I have tried different ways...how long it takes till they add application on system? When I will be avalaible to link application...?
...what is the right way to link the application on cic section
>Permanent Resident>Provincial nominees

Anish_M

Star Member
May 31, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
i linked my application only after the AOR ... with application number
Can you please let me know how the application number look like
- how many letters and how many digits are there in Application number
- Basically how many letters/words are there in application number.

Sagar125

Apr 20, 2017
For those who are getting error as no application found when try to link their paper application to their online account.

(1) Go to Cic.gc.ca and select my application and status of my application
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

I tried this. This was posted in this forum which helped me link my application

Try this solution

Bro,first at least read the doubt that we have! whatever process u have mentioned included writing our surname (as you have mentioned in step 7) but the thing is that we dont have a surname. That's the whole problem around which this thread is revolving.

for Those who have found a way,please guide that how should we do it.

Methods that dont work :

1) writing name is surname and given name (same in both fields)
2) writing a comma,or a hyphen (-)

Reactions: Jagtaar singh

PALWINDER SINGH

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone.....
I successfully linked my file with online account in 13th try...
In my case....Problem was in Birth Place/town field..
So I tried it this way..

- > Application number and UCI
- > Didn't enter Birth details fields
- > Entered Passport fields
- > Entered Province and City intend to live
- > 1 in field(Number of family members that are part of application)

Jagtaar singh

Sep 26, 2018
Bro,first at least read the doubt that we have! whatever process u have mentioned included writing our surname (as you have mentioned in step 7) but the thing is that we dont have a surname. That's the whole problem around which this thread is revolving.

for Those who have found a way,please guide that how should we do it.

Methods that dont work :

1) writing name is surname and given name (same in both fields)
2) writing a comma,or a hyphen (-)
any solution bro?

Navi83

Jul 11, 2018
For those who are getting error as no application found when try to link their paper application to their online account.

(1) Go to Cic.gc.ca and select my application and status of my application
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

I tried this. This was posted in this forum which helped me link my application

Try this solution
Sir if has no surname then what to write in both the options.. Family name and given name

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
I have same problem too. No matter what i tried, it just not worked. So i gave up. I think we all should raise a technical issue in cic website.in that way only they can do something about this problem.

vish4501

Jun 13, 2018
I have same problem too. No matter what i tried, it just not worked. So i gave up. I think we all should raise a technical issue in cic website.in that way only they can do something about this problem.
Hello

Did u find a solution to this , even I am facing same issue .
Do you know how to obtain application number? Pls let me know

vish4501

Jun 13, 2018
No, i still not found any solution.we have to live with it i think.
Hi

I did find a solution . Just send an email to Canada visa application centre along with your passport number and vfs Id and explain them your situation. They would definitely provide you with your application number .

Cheers
Vishal

Reactions: Lovesahota92

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Hi

I did find a solution . Just send an email to Canada visa application centre along with your passport number and vfs Id and explain them your situation. They would definitely provide you with your application number .

Cheers
Vishal
What is vfs id?

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Is ther anyone who found a solution for this
I'm also facing same issue because of no family name
Please help!
i think there is no way out. I also sent 3-4 mails to embassy and even filled webform, no response. Just track with tracking id and wait for passport to be couriered to you.