+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI (explanation)

motown

Jul 23, 2011
Hi people....what does "UCI" mean on the "Generic Application Form For Canada"? Also,in case I don't have "UCI",is ok to leave it section blank?
Your help is anticipated and appreciated in advance.Thanks!!!

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
UCI stand for Universal Client Identification, or some people call it Unique Client Identification

Either way, It is unique ID number, which CIC assign to each and every applicant.

If you are filing your first application ever, you probably don't have UCI yet. But once the application for Visa, PR visa, or any other petition is filed with CIC, they will issue a UCI number.

Chay

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maani1985 said:
UCI stand for Universal Client Identification, or some people call it Unique Client Identification

Either way, It is unique ID number, which CIC assign to each and every applicant.

If you are filing your first application ever, you probably don't have UCI yet. But once the application for Visa, PR visa, or any other petition is filed with CIC, they will issue a UCI number.
Dear Maani,

I already have a UCI since I am a pre June applicant, with a pending review status. I am planning to reapply. In the Generic Application Form, it also asks for the UCI of my dependants. Should I fill in my UCI in the form of my dependants? I am just confused.

olddream

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SEOUL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
May 2012
Hi
I already have a UCI since I am a pre June applicant, with a pending medical status. In the Generic Application Form, it asks for the UCI in my personal details as well of my dependants. Should I fill in the the same UCI in the form for me and of my dependants? I am just confused.

Kellyxin

Aug 27, 2013
If I applied for visitor visa before current PR application, do I put the same UCI? and how to obtain the previous UCI number?
THank you guys

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
yeah use the same one, if known.

otherwise leave it empty, CIC will figure it out anyway

rehan azeem

May 11, 2014
Hello !

My mother is filling Visit visa application for Canada. She visited Canada Last year as a visitor.
This year she is again applying for visit visa, but she is confused regarding the UCI on the forms.
Does this UCI number is the document number on the Canada visa on her passport, or this UCI number is different. or UCI number is not mandatory?

Secondly her spouse is also visiting Canada with her, but filing different application form. She is just confused do they have to fill the form STATUARY DECLRATION OF COMMON LAW UNION IMM 5409 or it doesn't need?

Thanks in advance.
Looking for support/help in this regard.

samv02

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BC PNP (Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2014 (Paper application)
Doc's Request.
27/11/2015
Nomination.....
11/01/2016
AOR Received.
20/03/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF: 30/08/2016
Med's Request
Sent eMedicals: 13/10/2016 Upfront
Med's Done....
29/10/2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi,

My brother applied for student visa One week ago. Today he got UCI number on CIC website. Does it mean, he has more chances of getting his visa approved ?

Thanks.

srikanth68

Jul 18, 2017
Guys, I had student visa rejection in Dec 2016. I have 463 points and I am about to submit my application but I am concerned about this UCI thing. Under immigration,history and citizenship there is a question about UCI number.. Should I give the UCI number which I have on my student visa refusal form..I'm in a fix regarding this for the past few days. Suggestions pls.

srikanth68

Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

My brother applied for student visa One week ago. Today he got UCI number on CIC website. Does it mean, he has more chances of getting his visa approved ?

Thanks.
No yet, For every application UCI is generated, UCI doesn't mean visa is approved.

srikanth68

Jul 18, 2017
yeah use the same one, if known.

otherwise leave it empty, CIC will figure it out anyway
Bro, Pls reply to this query

Guys, I had student visa rejection in Dec 2016. I have 463 points and I am about to submit my application but I am concerned about this UCI thing. Under immigration,history and citizenship there is a question about UCI number.. Should I give the UCI number which I have on my student visa refusal form..I'm in a fix regarding this for the past few days. Suggestions pls.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Yes you give the same one.CIC has issued that to your name and it will remain forever.
It doesn't change

Reactions: samv02