+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV passport return time.

rockaway1

Sep 12, 2017
Hi all! I'm super new here and have a situation that wanted to ask you for your thoughts...

I applied for a TRV within Canada. Application has been approved and passport has been successfully received by officer. However, it has been roughly 11-12 days since the office received my passport. The information on CIC has been updated, but the tracking number for the returned envelope is still not active and I still haven't got my passport back. Is this a normal situation/time line? Because last time when I applied back in February, I got my passport back after 3 or 4 days of sending it out.

Thank you!

Reactions: kamalyadav

hartaran

Aug 17, 2017
Hi all! I'm super new here and have a situation that wanted to ask you for your thoughts...

I applied for a TRV within Canada. Application has been approved and passport has been successfully received by officer. However, it has been roughly 11-12 days since the office received my passport. The information on CIC has been updated, but the tracking number for the returned envelope is still not active and I still haven't got my passport back. Is this a normal situation/time line? Because last time when I applied back in February, I got my passport back after 3 or 4 days of sending it out.

Thank you!

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
I applied my trv from inside Canada on 11 August. Got my passport request on 4 October. Submitted my passport on 5 October and still waiting to get my application approval. They are taking forever to process applications with just 10 days time.

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
from august 11 to october 4th for the passport request? that is crazy!
Yeah unfortunately... with valid work permit they put me in Additional Background check.... and I missed my sister marriage. Anyway, what I learned from this harsh experience is apply at least 2 months before the expiry of your status. Next time I shall apply 3 months before.

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
I submitted my passport on oct 2 and still waiting to get back, when I send them an email on oct 6 they replied me that they will return it shortly. Anyone have any idea how long it will take to get the passport back, because I’m flying to India on October 19

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
I submitted my passport on oct 2 and still waiting to get back, when I send them an email on oct 6 they replied me that they will return it shortly. Anyone have any idea how long it will take to get the passport back, because I’m flying to India on October 19
They are taking 2 weeks to return back the passports. I submitted mine on 6 October and have a flight on 18 October. I don't think I could make it.