+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV online application within Canada for a valid work permit holder

aalburak

Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
Applied for work permit renewal online back in May and got the new one issued within a month. Applied after on June 12 for a TRV online ( processing times say 8 days) and no decision yet after more than 2 months!! I tried sending a case specific inquiry, I get an automated answer saying my application is under processing. i tried calling, basically those guys are unreachable. It's very frustrating, I don't know what the delay is, it says no more documents are needed at this time, so I'm not sure why the long delay. My sister is getting married back home in September and I don't know if I will make it!! Honestly what's the use of planning ahead if they will sit on an application for months!!

Anyways sorry for the rant, but I don't know what to do anymore, I can't reach someone there who will give actual information and not just read the same info posted on the webpage!! do you guys have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

BTW my wife who is accompanying me on a visitor record and an open work permit, applied online for a TRV 2 weeks ago and already got her passport send request!!!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aalburak said:
Anyways sorry for the rant, but I don't know what to do anymore, I can't reach someone there who will give actual information and not just read the same info posted on the webpage!! do you guys have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?
The whole point of having a webpage is to make public the latest available information in order to clear the lines from this type of calls. Therefore calling them is redundant.

Seems your TRV is on the long queue but still under normal processing, so it is still "under process" and there is no news to report. If there is any action required from you you will recieve a message or the online info will change.

"Processing times" are an estimate, based on 80% of applications. That means that 1 out of 5 WILL TAKE LONGER.

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
Hello
I literally have the same situation as u..except i already left canada and waiting for pp backhome..i applied on 16/6 and till now no updates
My husband got it in 1 week.:we both have new work permits..
Lets hope they reply sooon..we have nth to do but wait
Please tell me as soon as thy send u anything

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
Jalex23 said:
The whole point of having a webpage is to make public the latest available information in order to clear the lines from this type of calls. Therefore calling them is redundant.

Seems your TRV is on the long queue but still under normal processing, so it is still "under process" and there is no news to report. If there is any action required from you you will recieve a message or the online info will change.

"Processing times" are an estimate, based on 80% of applications. That means that 1 out of 5 WILL TAKE LONGER.
You dont have a clue.

They are taking 2 months for something that has average processing time of 8 days. That is not acceptable and is in no way "normal".

OP needs to fill in the IRCC web form and ask for status.

aalburak

Aug 17, 2016
Nlkko said:
You dont have a clue.

They are taking 2 months for something that has average processing time of 8 days. That is not acceptable and is in no way "normal".

thank you for understanding, I already sent a web inquiry, no luck :(

Still waiting!!

aalburak

Aug 17, 2016
Hey guys,
So more than 3 months now and still did nothing from the CIC, this is really annoying. I have contacted many times and the last time I was told its delayed because of background check!! Really?? I've been in Canada as a doctor for 6 years, never had this before, now you guys do the background check? And for what? I'm already in the country!! I don't understand this.

I have basically given up on this application, I was supposed to go home and visit the family for a couple of weeks and now I have to cancel my vacation and cancel my ticket (its non refundable :( .. )

Anyways, just wanted to share this with you guys since some of you have been sending messages to me with similar delay..

Let me know what happens with you guys

Cheers

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Hey guys,
So more than 3 months now and still did nothing from the CIC, this is really annoying. I have contacted many times and the last time I was told its delayed because of background check!! Really?? I've been in Canada as a doctor for 6 years, never had this before, now you guys do the background check? And for what? I'm already in the country!! I don't understand this.

I have basically given up on this application, I was supposed to go home and visit the family for a couple of weeks and now I have to cancel my vacation and cancel my ticket (its non refundable :( .. )

Anyways, just wanted to share this with you guys since some of you have been sending messages to me with similar delay..

Let me know what happens with you guys

Cheers
Hello aalburak,

Could you please let me know how long in total it ended up taking CIC to send you a passport request for your TRV application? I would really appreciate your response, as I am in the same boat now (Applied TRV within Canada and they are doing strange additional verifications that are taking too long. I have a valid work permit).

Thanks,

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Hello
I literally have the same situation as u..except i already left canada and waiting for pp backhome..i applied on 16/6 and till now no updates
My husband got it in 1 week.:we both have new work permits..
Lets hope they reply sooon..we have nth to do but wait
Please tell me as soon as thy send u anything
Hello Talinalex,

Could you please let me know how long in total it ended up taking CIC to send you a passport request for your TRV application? I would really appreciate your response, as I am in the same boat now (Applied TRV within Canada and they are doing strange additional verifications that are taking too long. I have a valid work permit).

Thanks,

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
You dont have a clue.

Hello NIkko,

Thanks,

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
Hello guys, applied for trv inside Canada and its already been 46 days passed. Could anyone tell what should I do as am facing emergency issues? I sent an email at cpc Ottawa and they replied that my file is in additional background check processing.

mo25

Oct 18, 2018
Hello guys, applied for trv inside Canada and its already been 46 days passed. Could anyone tell what should I do as am facing emergency issues? I sent an email at cpc Ottawa and they replied that my file is in additional background check processing.
Hello @adeelhaf did you get your TRV? Can you please let me know as I have the same issue.. Applied long time ago, didnt hear back from them