11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
@dr_jatt

He could try some breathing exercises to relax. That could help. He's dealing with people/visa officers who understand that the entire interview/visa office environment can get overwhelming. So don't worry.

I think I've mentioned earlier: He cannot take his cellphone or USB stick inside the premises. He'll have to leave it at the security desk.

If someone accompanies him, that person will not be allowed inside, not even beyond the security gates.

I'll surely let you know if I think of anything else

I've got my fingers crossed for him
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for all your support and advice. My brother just called after attending the interview. It was a quick interview for about 6-8 minutes. The visa officer asked about the wedding and his involvement in the prep work. Quick question about job and commented on low salary (which he answered that he is still in early phase of career and looking forward to growth with experience). Asked about family ties (he was still answering and after 3-4 points she interrupted him). She then said "Your brother followed the right way from studies to Job to PR. He is stable and covering all the expenses of your visit. I am satisfied with your family history and recommending you for visa." She said there is still some more paperwork to do and he should expect passport request in few days. She did not keep his passport and said it will be transmitted through VFS channel.
Hopefully he gets it this time. I was able to find Yadav's posts and he mentioned that they took his passport and he got visa same day.
This suspense keeps going on.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for all your support and advice. My brother just called after attending the interview. It was a quick interview for about 6-8 minutes. The visa officer asked about the wedding and his involvement in the prep work. Quick question about job and commented on low salary (which he answered that he is still in early phase of career and looking forward to growth with experience). Asked about family ties (he was still answering and after 3-4 points she interrupted him). She then said "Your brother followed the right way from studies to Job to PR. He is stable and covering all the expenses of your visit. I am satisfied with your family history and recommending you for visa." She said there is still some more paperwork to do and he should expect passport request in few days. She did not keep his passport and said it will be transmitted through VFS channel.
Hopefully he gets it this time. I was able to find Yadav's posts and he mentioned that they took his passport and he got visa same day.
This suspense keeps going on.
It sounds positive to me.

The visa officer seems convinced that your brother is a genuine visitor. He would still need to submit his passport through VFS after he gets a passport request.

No idea why 'yadav' was asked to keep his passport back after the interview instead of the VFS route. He was issued only a 6-months single-entry = The visa officer was not fully convinced about his visit but nonetheless gave him an opportunity to visit.

But, yup, the suspense continues

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
It sounds positive to me.

The visa officer seems convinced that your brother is a genuine visitor. He would still need to submit his passport through VFS after he gets a passport request.

No idea why 'yadav' was asked to keep his passport back after the interview instead of the VFS route. He was issued only a 6-months single-entry = The visa officer was not fully convinced about his visit but nonetheless gave him an opportunity to visit.

But, yup, the suspense continues
Oh my God, that was very short-lived suspense. He just got the passport request. He will submit it tomorrow morning. It's a very happy Monday, I am having donuts party in my office :).
I can't thank you enough for your help and support.
Thanks a lot again Bryanna!!!

Reactions: Nimma78

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh my God, that was very short-lived suspense. He just got the passport request. He will submit it tomorrow morning. It's a very happy Monday, I am having donuts party in my office :).
Thank goodness the suspense didn't last too long.

I'm really happy the interview went well..... and more importantly, your brother will be attending your wedding. Super fantastic

Have an extra donut from me :):)

Reactions: dr_jaat

deepkhela

Jun 17, 2017
C
congtrats .... is visa officer checked any documents or just askd questions from your brother ????

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
C

congtrats .... is visa officer checked any documents or just askd questions from your brother ????
Thanks, no documents were checked or asked. just few questions as I mentioned above.

Aug 23, 2017
I am attending an IEEE Conference with a special event code as IROS17, happening in Canada from 24th September. I have submitted my documents to the VFS Global in Chennai on 21st August and the website says that my application is under process. I booked a flight that departs on 21st September. I've provided all the necessary documents. I have been to the US twice in the last 2 years and I have a valid US B1/B2 visa till 2025. I have attached the copies of my passport stamps and visa along with the application. I am now worried if I will get my visa before the time I would have to leave, that is on 21st September. If possible, can I ask the embassy to process my application in the CAN+ Category ? I am extremely worried. Please help me out.
Thanks in Advance.

Sep 1, 2017
Today I got my passport but there is no visa and refusal letter....only got message important information has been sent by mail ....but not received mail??? What this mean?

neopatel23

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-09-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
02-09-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with file
File Transfer...
26-09-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
08-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2018
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hello guys...My friend got rejection today...applied on 29th july... not satisfied purpose of visit to officer...n less ties to home country...