+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History : Conecting flights in another country

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
I'm in the process of filling out my travel history to EE and I was wondering if we need to included connecting flight if you were only in the airport for a couple hours. The only place I've flown to is my home country but tickets are usually alot cheaper if we connect through the states. During the connections we've never left the airport. Do I need to count the connecting flights as trips since I was technically in another country besides Canada and my home country?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seab said:
I'm in the process of filling out my travel history to EE and I was wondering if we need to included connecting flight if you were only in the airport for a couple hours. The only place I've flown to is my home country but tickets are usually alot cheaper if we connect through the states. During the connections we've never left the airport. Do I need to count the connecting flights as trips since I was technically in another country besides Canada and my home country?
I don't imagine CIC wants this level of detail in travel profile so you can safely leave that out.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seab said:
Leave it out unless you were required to have your passport stamped as having entered the country. If you have a corresponding stamp in your passport, though, you might be safer putting it in, though it seems a little ridiculous.

chitra84

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16/07/2015
Hello asivad,
Last year i visited india for 21 days and nepal for 8 days.
I mentoned it in my expres entry application in travel history.now i got ITA. I dont have travel document as i lost my previous passport .The previous passport number is mentioned in my current passport. What should i do in ITA form fillup,as they ask for all travel document.pls help.should i tell them i lost my previous passport?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chitra84 said:
Hello asivad,
Last year i visited india for 21 days and nepal for 8 days.
I mentoned it in my expres entry application in travel history.now i got ITA. I dont have travel document as i lost my previous passport .The previous passport number is mentioned in my current passport. What should i do in ITA form fillup,as they ask for all travel document.pls help.should i tell them i lost my previous passport?
Upload a nicely drafted Letter of Explanation highlighting the loss of your passport (and any evidence you have regarding those circumstances) and request the officer to consider your travel history as complete even though you are unable to provide these documents.

All the best!

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
I think it will be also better if you attach missing passport police complaint or any other documents stating the same.

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I don't imagine CIC wants this level of detail in travel profile so you can safely leave that out.
Hi Asivad,

Could you please also advise on this:

I came to Canada two years ago and before that I stayed in my own country and never traveled abroad. So do I need to disclose my visit to Canada in the Travel History? Or I just answer NO for that section?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auschase said:
Hi Asivad,

Could you please also advise on this:

I came to Canada two years ago and before that I stayed in my own country and never traveled abroad. So do I need to disclose my visit to Canada in the Travel History? Or I just answer NO for that section?
Wouldn't hurt if you put it in there.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chasinglight said:
I included them especially since I had to clear customs before taking my connecting flight.
Yeah, that's how I would handle it. For instance, I have changed planes at Heathrow, coming from Austria, going to the US or Canada. There are special lanes to walk through so that you never "enter" the UK, and so I did not include the UK on my list of places I have traveled.

My partner came to Canada after a holiday from Austria via Heathrow and then O'Hare before flying to Toronto. At O'Hare he had to collect his luggage and be cleared through customs and his passport was stamped, even though he was not leaving the airport. We did mention that as 'travel' to the US, since it was in his passport.

bassam_62003

Jan 10, 2016
Hello guys
I did transit 2 hours in USA on way to Canada and did not leave airport. However, my passport was stamped in USA. I did not declare it travel history. Should I send this information to be updated at my file or it does not worth it ?
Thanks

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
bassam_62003 said:
Hello guys
I did transit 2 hours in USA on way to Canada and did not leave airport. However, my passport was stamped in USA. I did not declare it travel history. Should I send this information to be updated at my file or it does not worth it ?
Thanks
Have you submitted your application?

I had a layover in the US for a few hours and they stamped on my passport as well. For that reason I included it in my travel history.

bassam_62003

Jan 10, 2016
Yes I have submitted my application. That's why I am confused and don't know what to do. I am afraid if I send update now, they would open my case and do further digging after they have already finished it.

vcram07

Mar 23, 2017
Yes I have submitted my application. That's why I am confused and don't know what to do. I am afraid if I send update now, they would open my case and do further digging after they have already finished it.

Hi. I have the same dilemma. Any update on how you handled it?