+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa Extension issues with Family Form IMM5707 signature

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi, I need urgent help! I am filling all the forms in order to extend my visa but I am seriously confused with the family form. It requires a signature but it is IMPOSSIBLE to type it in! I am reading here and there, watched videos on YT and all are saying that it MUST NOT signed for ANY reason.

Like, where is the logic here?:eek:

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
please someone help me! thanks so much I am extremely confused!

more details: I am applying online

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I need urgent help! I am filling all the forms in order to extend my visa but I am seriously confused with the family form. It requires a signature but it is IMPOSSIBLE to type it in! I am reading here and there, watched videos on YT and all are saying that it MUST NOT signed for ANY reason.

Like, where is the logic here?:eek:
No idea how you have the IMM 5707 in your package to extend your stay/extend your visitor status. It is NOT part of the package. You must fill it only when you apply for a new TRV.

You need to fill IMM 5708 i.e. to 'Apply to change conditions or to extend your stay'

Here's the link/package:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
No idea how you have the IMM 5707 in your package to extend your stay/extend your visitor status. It is NOT part of the package. You must fill it only when you apply for a new TRV.

You need to fill IMM 5708 i.e. to 'Apply to change conditions or to extend your stay'

Here's the link/package:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp
Thank you, I called to talk to an agent. Apparently I was doing wrong, but it was EXACTLY where I was taken after taking the eligibility test in order to apply for an extension of the tourist visa. It was not my initiative to include the above form, rather the application package result I received after my online test. Thanks so much for your contribution :)

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
The link you provided is the same that the agent provided (via email) after the phonecall.
The thing is I’ve been several times on that one page but if I click on “apply online” and then enter with my CGkey it takes exactly where I was: to the list of documents to upload, among which “Family Information IMM5707". The agent also confirmed that I don’t have to do that but in my list it still appears as required. Should I delete my application and start it all over again??
I am even more confused than I was before.

This is a labyrinth :eek:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Perhaps, you're selecting your home country for 'What is your current country of residence'. You must select 'Canada'

Do use the 'Come to Canada' tool. You won't get the IMM 5707 in your document checklist

Reactions: marnot

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada

Yes, I have always selected Canada, but it stays the same :(

Where is the “come to canada” tool?

Thank you so much again for the help!

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Thanks, I tried and re-tried but I keep encountering the same problem, the IMM5707 is still there where it shouldn’t be. Would you suggest to delete my application and start it all over again?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do post your selection when you use the 'Come to Canada' tool. I'm pretty sure you should not get the IMM 5707 for the correct selections

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Update: I woke early this morning to call the IRCC and speak to an agent again to see how to do to fix this issue and proceed further with my application, because yes the IMM5707 form Family Information is stille there in the document checklist as REQUIRED!
My boyfriend tried to start an application from his cellphone too with different details and the IMM5707 keeps appearing among the required documents. Now, the agent suggested to upload an explanation letter where to state that I do not have add a family information form for my application even tho the system keeps including it. Honestly, I am not sure about this solution even if it comes from a IRCC agent, what if my application is refused by being considered incomplete or just wrong?

Does anybody from a Visa exempt country who wants to extend his visitor status had the same issue??

Please help, because I am considering to go to US and re-enter Canada by land, hoping that the CBSA stamp my passport along with an extension.

:(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure you should NOT be getting the IMM 5707 if you make the correct selections. It has nothing to do with being from a visa-exempt country.

If you post your answers to the 'Come to Canada' tool, we could let you know which question you are not answering correctly.

Any situation is possible when you try to re-enter. It is safer to apply for an extension instead

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Ok Bryanna I will follow your advice and trying to copy and past the questions along with my answers.

I really appreciate your help.

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
The first part of the questionnaire

What would you like to do in Canada? Visit

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - less than 6 months

Which country issued your passport? Italy

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? No (as my bf is not a family member)

What is your date of birth? 757575575