TOP REASONS FOR REFUSAL

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
i've been reading over and over again same reasons of refusal.
in my own opinion, i would say the top 3 are: (in no particular order)
1) home ties/did not satisfy an officer that they will leave canada after studying
2) not enough funds/proof that they have money for the duration of their stay in canada
3) wrong choice of course to enroll to/type of studies or course they may take...

are there any more major reasons of refusal?

my question is: if you previously applied for FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER, and was returned due to Cap reached. would that be a ground for refusal too? would officer think that this applicant for student visa has some intentions of migrating from the previous fsw application and won't be able to satisfy them that they will leave canada after the course? any idea please? just wondering though...

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
kyle said:
i've been reading over and over again same reasons of refusal.
in my own opinion, i would say the top 3 are: (in no particular order)
1) home ties/did not satisfy an officer that they will leave canada after studying
2) not enough funds/proof that they have money for the duration of their stay in canada
3) wrong choice of course to enroll to/type of studies or course they may take...

are there any more major reasons of refusal?

my question is: if you previously applied for FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER, and was returned due to Cap reached. would that be a ground for refusal too? would officer think that this applicant for student visa has some intentions of migrating from the previous fsw application and won't be able to satisfy them that they will leave canada after the course? any idea please? just wondering though...
1. No, if you show home ties and satisfy the VO that you will return back to home country after finishing your studies and/or duration of your temporary stay then he can not refuse your visa based on your previous application for FSW.

2. Section 22(2) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states:

“An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.”

3. What students must do in applying for a study permit pertaining to dual intent
In applying for a study permit, a student must first and foremost clearly demonstrate to the Visa officer that he or she intends to respect the requirement that study permit holders leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of studies and expiry of their study permit.

4. For further details, read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
Inam89 said:
1. No, if you show home ties and satisfy the VO that you will return back to home country after finishing your studies and/or duration of your temporary stay then he can not refuse your visa based on your previous application for FSW.

2. Section 22(2) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states:

“An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.”

3. What students must do in applying for a study permit pertaining to dual intent
In applying for a study permit, a student must first and foremost clearly demonstrate to the Visa officer that he or she intends to respect the requirement that study permit holders leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of studies and expiry of their study permit.

4. For further details, read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp
its a big relief to read this inam89...
that's great! i hope consuls in my country will be kind enough to process our papers.
we are still on the second step. we are still waiting for updates...
but we never stop praying for this.

thank you thank you so much.
i'll do some more readings from the link you shared.
have a blessed day

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
just want to share this from CIC website...

Other information related to a decision on a study permit application

In assessing an application for a study permit an officer may also consider factors such as:

The length of time that the client will be spending in Canada;
The means of support;
Obligations and ties in home country;
Compliance with other requirements of the Act and Regulations applicable to students/temporary residents.

If an application for a study permit is not approved, the CIC visa officer will provide the client with a letter explaining why an application has been refused. A study permit application might be refused for several reasons including:

Not providing sufficient proof that an individual has enough money to support oneself while studying in Canada, and to return to their country of residence;
Medical inadmissibility;
Not satisfying the visa officer that there is an intention to study in Canada;
Not satisfying the visa officer that the individual will leave Canada at the end of their period of authorized stay.
Not submitting all required documentation; and
Not satisfying the officer that the applicant has answered all material questions truthfully as required by Section 16(1) of IRPA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp

thanks again inam89...

with high hopes, we hope we can get it through smoothly... thank you so much for our representative's assistance. truly reliable and efficient

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
You are most welcome :)

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
It's all about satisfying the particular visa officer that's handling your case. Different visa officers are satisfied in different ways. There isn't a fixed, objective standard on which Canadian visas are assessed, so you've to try your luck and hope for the best. I've seen people with 20 backlogs getting visas, meaning the visa officer was clearly satisfied that the applicant was good at studies despite the evidence otherwise. Another visa officer might not be as satisfied with the same information.

kyle

Oct 13, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-July-2016
world.citizen said:
It's all about satisfying the particular visa officer that's handling your case. Different visa officers are satisfied in different ways. There isn't a fixed, objective standard on which Canadian visas are assessed, so you've to try your luck and hope for the best. I've seen people with 20 backlogs getting visas, meaning the visa officer was clearly satisfied that the applicant was good at studies despite the evidence otherwise. Another visa officer might not be as satisfied with the same information.
you have a good point on that. i agree...
i pray that when the time comes that we lodge our papers to the canadian embassy, that our application will fall to a kind and considerate officer.
i am confident though, that my representatives are doing their best to polish our documents.
positive thinking! godbless us all...