+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
Can the Government push CIC to pass that bylaw?
It's all a matter of budgeting. CIC is ridiculously understaffed. They have 5000 employees in general with many case processing agents working on temporary contracts. Yet, they manage to issue 250.000 immigrant visas yearly. USCIS has 19000 employees, and although the USA has 10 times as large population as Canada's, green card and citizenship applications are processed in less than 6 months on American soil.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quoi said:
Weird that VW applications weren't charged before Happy Road as they were supposedly at 8.10am...
8:10AM is the time they reached the office. The actual delivery time is around 8:30AM.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2016PGP said:
The principal applicant, their spouse or common law...... and all DEPENDENT children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form. Complete ALL names in English and in your native language...

So, In section B, I'm the sponsor and INDEPENDET child.. Is there a chance to pass ... otherwise, It's very sad......
Judging by FSW experience, many applicants failed to do it as well, but it was not regarded as a critical mistake by CIC, and their applications were put into processing.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
emceemouli said:
Next year preference :) :) :) will be happy road i guess....
Imagine if the cap is 5000 for next year and Happy Road or any other local courier gets more than 5000 applications each. They were will be another level of competition. :-\

5000 * $200 = $1,000,000 will be winning lottery for them just because CIC is fool enough to not implement a streamlined method of accepting applications.

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be lucky to see charge in my cc. The cc i gave expires in may.. Missed the note on form that cc should be valid atleast for 9 months from submission or they will send application back.. Really nervous rite now :-[

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Lets hope as many people as possible get in. I did believe they will increase the cap but I think the amount they will keep to themselves hence the vagueness. So it is positive. every thousand they increase will help. Just by broadcasting it commits them to do so there is no turning back.

I assume happy roads has a lot of clients from this forum from their history here so the initial reports will be happy roads successful clients reporting more often by shear statistics. I did see HR VW and MM bins being put in to similar cages. I left after that so I cant attest to more for the others. But there was still a lot of room so don't lose hope.

At this stage all that matters is that as many people are successful irrespective of who delivered and the eventual increase in the cap will allow for greater success. Many have tried for several years so It would be good for them finally.

I am surprised at the earliness of processing of CC. I expected it would be longer I guess the trained smart monkeys they hired to help the human staff are better and faster than I thought. We should elect some to queens park and parliament and get more done.

Good luck to all

I am sure it will be an unprecedented positive year and record setting for application acceptance and that many of you will be pleasantly surprised.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
2016PGP said:
OMG, I might be rejected.... !!! Form IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information )

Section A: I put all names in English and Native language,
Section B: Just myself (Sponsor) , in English only.

I Read top of the page. all names ... does it mean all names in Section A ?
Don't worry we don't need to write in native language on that form even though it says on top... thius form is there since Sep 2013 and is standard for all class... so I did applied for my wife in 2014 using the same form which is just checked and never put any name in native language... she is here for almost a year now and application was not even delayed for that reason...so relax everyone.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
MMCS said:
Lets hope as many people as possible get in. I did believe they will increase the cap but I think the amount they will keep to themselves hence the vagueness. So it is positive. every thousand they increase will help. Just by broadcasting it commits them to do so there is no turning back.

I assume happy roads has a lot of clients from this forum from their history here so the initial reports will be happy roads successful clients reporting more often by shear statistics. I did see HR VW and MM bins being put in to similar cages. I left after that so I cant attest to more for the others. But there was still a lot of room so don't lose hope.

At this stage all that matters is that as many people are successful irrespective of who delivered and the eventual increase in the cap will allow for greater it. Many have tried for several years so It would be good for them finally.

I am surprised at the earliness of processing of CC. I expected it would be longer I guess the trained smart monkeys they hired to help the human staff are better and faster than I thought. We should elect some to queens park and parliament and get more done.

Good luck to all

I am sure it will be an unprecedented positive year and record setting for application acceptance and that many of you will be pleasantly surprised.
Here we go again.. LOL

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pamma97 said:
Don't worry we don't need to write in native language on that form even though it says on top... thius form is there since Sep 2013 and is standard for all class... so I did applied for my wife in 2014 using the same form which is just checked and never put any name in native language... she is here for almost a year now and application was not even delayed for that reason...so relax everyone.
Same when I applied for my PR. I don't know how to write in my native language so I just used English. It should be fine

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2016PGP said:
Sorry, Don't know what FSW stands for, For PGP, Since it's so competitive, might not give a tinny room for error. everything crossed...
FSW stands for Federal Skilled Worker.
CIC has operational bulletins that are used across all types of applications for processing and that identify what is considered a critical error and what they can turn a blind eye on. If this wasn't an issue for FSW apps, then it's safe to assume that your PGP app will be safe as well.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Last year PUROLATOR is the best courier that is why most of us here in the west choose them as our courier. But the failed to do their job as what they did last year..

So next year we will never know who will be the best one.. For sure next years courier choice will be the couriers who will be on top of this forum.. .. :D :D :D :D

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
Diplomatru said:
CIC has operational bulletins that are used across all types of applications for processing and that identify what is considered a critical error and what they can turn a blind eye on. If this wasn't an issue for FSW apps, then it's safe to assume that your PGP app will be safe as well.
Thanks a ton!! Do you know where I can find the " Operational Bulletins " on website? everything crossed

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
iluvbaguio said:
Last year PUROLATOR is the best courier that is why most of us here in the west choose them as our courier. But the failed to do their job as what they did last year..

So next year we will never know who will be the best one.. For sure next years courier choice will be the couriers who will be on top of this forum.. .. :D :D :D :D
If we don't make this time i'll better pass my application to someone in GTA one week in advance and will ask that person to go check the line 2 days earlier...whoever is first in line just go to there office and drop the application... :)

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Diplomatru said:
Thanks!! Hope that is true.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
canpuneet said:
Option C is not a requirement for PGP sponsorship.
The instruction guide says that you can view and print your tax returns from the CRA website
As per the document checklist here it is what it states:

Option C print out or Notice of Assessment (NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three most recent taxation years.