+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline - PRTD received from the London CVAC

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Hello all,

Thought it might be useful for some to hear the timeline for a PRTD from a recent application:

Before sending in my application, I inquired into the duration of the process, and was told that the processing time was an average of 5 days in London. The Paris CVAC refused to give me an estimate, and since I needed my passport back within 3 weeks I opted to send to London. You can choose based on the country you are currently in or your nationality.

I sent my application for a travel document to the London office on Wednesday last week via DHL. My application was held up in customs for one day. It arrived at the CVAC on Friday morning, and was sent on to the High Commission that same day. On Monday (yesterday) I received notice that the passport had been returned to the CVAC and they were in the process of couriering it back to me in Switzerland. It arrived today with a travel document.

Due to my current living situation, I had requested a multiple entry visa, and this was granted, with a duration of 2.5 years.

I received emails and SMS updates throughout from the CVAC.

All in all, very efficient.

Reactions: gaillimh_abú

abdullah786

Feb 6, 2017
Thank You. In a similar situation - My wife is stuck in Norway due to losing her PR card. Will be sending the application package tomorrow to the London Visa Application Center. Any additional suggestions?

hopefully it takes about the same time or less :)