+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Question discussed about the reason why in CBSA's CSMS notes there is only info from IRCC's GCMS notes:
CBSA is not involved in the SS itself. Probably CBSA just keeps our files due to its function of linking between IRCC and CSIS.

amirut88

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Does any of you know if this stream is moving even a bit. Sounds like no one got PPR in this group (SS) since June 20st, 2017 (on page 293). Please correct me if you have more information.
Thanks

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Question discussed about the reason why in CBSA's CSMS notes there is only info from IRCC's GCMS notes:
CBSA is not involved in the SS itself. Probably CBSA just keeps our files due to its function of linking between IRCC and CSIS.
Dear Matt,

IS CSIS INCAPABLE OF MAINTAINING A DIRECT LINK WITH IRCC? WHY IS CBSA NECESSARY FOR LINKING IRCC AND CSIS?

CBSA (AND NOT CSIS) IS ''RESPONSIBLE'' for 3 COMPONENTS OF ADMISSIBILITY: 1 SECURITY (Sec A34 IRPA) · 2 ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY ( Sec A37 IRPA)· human or international rights violations (Sec A35 IRPA).
And this is the reason, all requests of security screenings by IRCC are submitted to CBSA through GCMS, and CSIS then conducts the screening on request of CBSA.

As per the guideline of CIC (the link is mentioned below, if you care to/want to read it), "permitting Canada to pursue the maximum social, cultural and economic benefits of immigration, protecting the health and safety of Canadians and maintaining the security of Canadian society are important objectives of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA or the Act)".

This protection of health, safety and security of the Canadian society is controlled by s 33-41 of the IRPA.

According to sec 33 of the act: inadmissibility can be related to: · criminality; section A36 · organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35· health; Sec A38 · financial reasons; · misrepresentation; · non-compliance with Act; · inadmissible family members (sec A39-41).

Now, as per this manual/guideline of CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf), CBSA has policy responsibility for organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35. And this is the reason, IRCC send requests of security screenings to CBSA through GCMS. CBSA can forward to either CSIS or any other agency it deems necessary for conductinng additional verifications. I believe, in some instances CBSA itself can also be doing verifications directly.

This guideline of IRCC states that ‘’Security screening pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA 4.1 Mandate of the National Security Screening Division, CBSA The National Security Screening Division (NSSD) of the International Operations Directorate of CBSA conducts security screening in the context of applications for temporary residence visas, applications for permanent residence visas and claims for refugee protection. In this context only, NSSD provides recommendations on admissibility on national security cases related to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA as follows: Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section The Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section (SSIA) within NSSD is the primary point of contact at the CBSA for all operational screening-related issues pertaining to security screening of applications for permanent residence pursuant to sections(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 or IRPA. Officers who suspect that an applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA, but need additional information to make a determination, should send the case to SSIA for in-depth security screening via the Global Case Management System (GCMS) for overseas cases as per the instructions in the Immigration Control (IC) Manual – Chapter 1: Security Screening of Permanent Residence Applications. When sending a case for security screening, officers should include as much information as possible, including details on adverse information. Pg17

The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to organized criminality [A37]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg 18

Security The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to security and espionage[A34]. For assistance in the context of security screening referrals, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg21

Human or international rights violations The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to human and international rights violations [A35]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. For cases that do not fall under the purview of NSSD or if officers require general assistance in researching or obtaining additional information, they may contact the Security Intelligence Section of the IOAD via Intell_Security-Rens_Securite@cbsaasfc.gc.ca for information on section 35 of IRPA. Pg24

Medical inadmissibility CIC has the policy responsibility with respect to medical inadmissibility [A38].IRCC clears this based upon medicals submitted during EAPR.

Except for the two classes of criminality specifically relate to organized criminality (for which the CBSA has the policy responsibility); CIC has the policy responsibility for the remaining 7 classed of criminality (which are specified within the provisions of section A36). IRCC clears this based on clean PCCs that we submit during EAPR.

FINAL DECISION REGARDING ADMISSIBILITY IS UPON VISA OFFICER, BUT CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ADMISSIBILITY REPORT REGARDING SECURITY, ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. IT CAN INVOLVE CSIS OR ANY OTHER AGENCY FOR CERTIFICATIONS, BUT , at the end, CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE REPORT FOR ABOVE THREE FACETS OF ADMISSIBILITY
BEFORE IRCC CAN MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
IRCC refers Security Screening request to CBSA. CBSA forwards an SS request to CSIS. But CSIS report is only part of overall SS. IF CSIS reports was everything, there are several applicants who, including Matt, whose CSIS is completed for months, should have gotten the PPR by now.

Most Canadian Missions abroad have a liaison office (which is either manned by CBSA, or CSIS or RCMP e.t.c) within it.. For example in Pakistan this office is manned by RCMP (surprised?) (RCMP Liaison office in Pakistan is also responsible for Afghanistan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyz, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/defence-defense/index.aspx?lang=eng

One purpose of this office among many other functions is "facilitation of information exchanges between Canadian law enforcement and Pakistan law enforcement with regards to all aspects of criminality ranging from terrorism and organized crime to drugs and immigration". So, for me, since i am a Pakistani (and for any Afghan, Tajik, Iranian, Krygz, Turkemani or Uzbek), CBSA, in addition to a request of ss check by CSIS on me, will, also forward a request to RCMP liaison office in Pakistan to run a background check/local verifications on my application.

Once CBSA receives the report from CSIS and RCMP (some other agency can also be involved on request of CBSA) office in Pakistan, it will prepare an admissibility report on me and forward it to IRCC, which have the final say. Please note that in many other missions, instead of RCMP, CBSA or CSIS runs such liaison offices, and in those cases, CBSA will forward request to whichever agency from CBSA or CSIS is running that liaison office for background verifications that needs to be conducted in applicants home country.
THIS WAS THE REPLY WHEN YOU BROUGHT THIS ISSUE EARLIER

beloved22

Mar 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Just a heads up. If you know that you passed SS (by raising a case to CSIS), do not hesitate to forward it to IRCC.
In my case, they had no idea that I passed SS in OCT 2016.

There is something on my GCMS notes that I have no idea about:
the last time my security was showing : Security 1, on the new notes its showing as Security 2
the rest is blacked out.

This is what IRCC replied to my MP after I gave them my SS results:
received a request for case specific information via MP......, Replied to MP that the file is pending officer's review even though CSIS received.

Dont really know if these are good signs or not. its been 20 months.

I talked to a lawyer and he told me to file a mandamus application will cost me around $6000 ish
Thank you for your advice.

Same situation is going on here.
It's been 17months since AOR and just recieved a document from CSIS stating that my SS was done in DEC 2016.

At the end of the paper's like:
"As CSIS has now concluded its involvement in this request, IRCC or CBSA would be in better position to provide a status update on your application. At this time, I can only suggest that you redirect your request to them."

I will order GCMS note and raise CSE as well today with this CSIS docment attached.

Will see what's gonna happen..

The last CSE I raised last week, one stupid officer sent me an automatic reply saying that I am still within the regular processing time. WHAT THE HECK???? IT'S BEEN 17 MONTHS!!!!

Last edited:

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017

It's been 17months since AOR and just recieved a document from CSIS stating that my SS was done in DEC 2016.

"As CSIS has now concluded its involvement in this request, IRCC or CBSA would be in better position to provide a status update on your application. At this time, I can only suggest that you redirect your request to them."

I will order GCMS note and raise CSE as well today with this CSIS docment attached.

The last CSE I raised last week, one stupid officer sent me an automatic reply saying that I am still within the regular processing time. WHAT THE HECK???? IT'S BEEN 17 MONTHS!!!!
Do you know when was your SS started? It is also written in CSIS report.

Saskatchewan_Regina

Mar 3, 2016

Please let us know what comes out.
My case is also over 6 months and I received reply that I am still within the regular processing time...

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Dear Matt,

IS CSIS INCAPABLE OF MAINTAINING A DIRECT LINK WITH IRCC? WHY IS CBSA NECESSARY FOR LINKING IRCC AND CSIS?

CBSA (AND NOT CSIS) IS ''RESPONSIBLE'' for 3 COMPONENTS OF ADMISSIBILITY: 1 SECURITY (Sec A34 IRPA) · 2 ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY ( Sec A37 IRPA)· human or international rights violations (Sec A35 IRPA).
And this is the reason, all requests of security screenings by IRCC are submitted to CBSA through GCMS, and CSIS then conducts the screening on request of CBSA.

As per the guideline of CIC (the link is mentioned below, if you care to/want to read it), "permitting Canada to pursue the maximum social, cultural and economic benefits of immigration, protecting the health and safety of Canadians and maintaining the security of Canadian society are important objectives of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA or the Act)".

This protection of health, safety and security of the Canadian society is controlled by s 33-41 of the IRPA.

According to sec 33 of the act: inadmissibility can be related to: · criminality; section A36 · organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35· health; Sec A38 · financial reasons; · misrepresentation; · non-compliance with Act; · inadmissible family members (sec A39-41).

Now, as per this manual/guideline of CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf), CBSA has policy responsibility for organized criminality; Sec A37 · security; Sec A34· human or international rights violations; Sec A35. And this is the reason, IRCC send requests of security screenings to CBSA through GCMS. CBSA can forward to either CSIS or any other agency it deems necessary for conductinng additional verifications. I believe, in some instances CBSA itself can also be doing verifications directly.

This guideline of IRCC states that ‘’Security screening pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA 4.1 Mandate of the National Security Screening Division, CBSA The National Security Screening Division (NSSD) of the International Operations Directorate of CBSA conducts security screening in the context of applications for temporary residence visas, applications for permanent residence visas and claims for refugee protection. In this context only, NSSD provides recommendations on admissibility on national security cases related to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA as follows: Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section The Security Screening Intelligence Analysis Section (SSIA) within NSSD is the primary point of contact at the CBSA for all operational screening-related issues pertaining to security screening of applications for permanent residence pursuant to sections(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 or IRPA. Officers who suspect that an applicant may be inadmissible pursuant to section(s) 34, 35 and/or 37 of IRPA, but need additional information to make a determination, should send the case to SSIA for in-depth security screening via the Global Case Management System (GCMS) for overseas cases as per the instructions in the Immigration Control (IC) Manual – Chapter 1: Security Screening of Permanent Residence Applications. When sending a case for security screening, officers should include as much information as possible, including details on adverse information. Pg17

The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to organized criminality [A37]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg 18

Security The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to security and espionage[A34]. For assistance in the context of security screening referrals, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. Pg21

Human or international rights violations The CBSA has the policy responsibility with respect to human and international rights violations [A35]. For assistance in the context of security screening, officers should contact the appropriate section in NSSD as noted in section 4 of this manual. For cases that do not fall under the purview of NSSD or if officers require general assistance in researching or obtaining additional information, they may contact the Security Intelligence Section of the IOAD via Intell_Security-Rens_Securite@cbsaasfc.gc.ca for information on section 35 of IRPA. Pg24

Medical inadmissibility CIC has the policy responsibility with respect to medical inadmissibility [A38].IRCC clears this based upon medicals submitted during EAPR.

Except for the two classes of criminality specifically relate to organized criminality (for which the CBSA has the policy responsibility); CIC has the policy responsibility for the remaining 7 classed of criminality (which are specified within the provisions of section A36). IRCC clears this based on clean PCCs that we submit during EAPR.

FINAL DECISION REGARDING ADMISSIBILITY IS UPON VISA OFFICER, BUT CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ADMISSIBILITY REPORT REGARDING SECURITY, ORGANIZED CRIMINALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. IT CAN INVOLVE CSIS OR ANY OTHER AGENCY FOR CERTIFICATIONS, BUT , at the end, CBSA IS RESPONSIBLE TO PREPARE REPORT FOR ABOVE THREE FACETS OF ADMISSIBILITY
BEFORE IRCC CAN MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION.

Thank you very much my friend.
This is the most comprehensive report on security screening topic I have seen in this forum.
I have only one question: why did CBSA Operations Center Agent lied me and my lawyer (two different calls) regarding SS question and said that CBSA is not involved in SS? I am going to inform my lawyer about this very valuable information you shared with me (us). I hope we all get PPR very soon. Best wishes. Matt

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
This is the most comprehensive report on security screening topic I have seen in this forum.
I have only one question: why did CBSA Operations Center Agent lied me and my lawyer (two different calls) regarding SS question and said that CBSA is not involved in SS? I am going to inform my lawyer about this very valuable information you shared with me (us). I hope we all get PPR very soon. Best wishes. Matt
@legalfalcon is also looking into what can be done into rectifying long ss process. do sign his info sheet.

Reactions: Matt-NL

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
call them again, and if they deny for the 2nd time challenge them with what's written on CBSA own web page

Reactions: Matt-NL and Lupus

beloved22

Mar 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Do you know when was your SS started? It is also written in CSIS report.
I'm not too sure when it was started exactly but the document says

"CSIS received a security screening request from IRCC on August 31,2016 concerning your permanent resident application. The security screening was completed and advice was sent on December 30,2016"

beloved22

Mar 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Please let us know what comes out.
My case is also over 6 months and I received reply that I am still within the regular processing time...
I know, right? 17 months can't be within the regular processing time.
Today I raised CSE with CSIS report stating that my SS was completed and I also emphasized my AOR was in "2016" not "2017".
I will update my status this forum when I get back from IRCC.

Reactions: Matt-NL