+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

This message is to enquire about my wife’s education history/work history section.

I had included my wife’s degree and higher secondary details under the education history section at the pre-ITA stage. Even though we hadn’t claimed any points (NO ECA), it has been carried over to the post-ITA form. In the upload document section, we could see upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. Please note that we have not done ECA and have not claimed points for this in the pre-ITA satge.

I could move these details to personal history. However I will have to answer ``No`` to the question: has this person completed any post-secondary education? Would this be considered as a misrepresentation.

We are encountering the same issue in her work history section as well. The documents corresponding to her each work experience is asked for, though we have not got any points for this towards ITA.

It would be of immense help if you could guide me on how to properly answer these sections.

Thank You.

Desperatehelp

Apr 1, 2017
Germany
Legalfalcon, I am at a complete loss.

I have descovered something rather terrible and would appreciate some help.

In my past visa I did not state that I was in Canada when applying although I was, I said I was in my home country and I do not know why I ticked that.

I also did not say yes to the stat question about a past visa refusal. I was refused a visitor visa the previous year.

I got the work visa approved anyway. I recently applied for PR and used the work experience gained from that visa for points.

Will these errors and discrepancies be uncovered during background checks?

If the officer looks at past forms and sees that lie, can he retroactively invalidate the work permit, which would mean my points claimed now aren't valid, and reject PR?

If it isn't descovered now, can it be used in the future and I be deported? It was an honest mistake only recently descovered.

I was honest in my pr application. But as my previous work permit may have been invalid, can the work experience gained be thrown out? If they decide now I misrepresented past work and claimed it as valid in PR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
I received ITA this week.
I am writing on behalf of my spouse who is working as a primary school teacher.

While filing the application for PR, I found the personal history section confusing.

1. When I opened my personal history page, it had the education details pre-filled.
The education history starts from year 1999 (Bachelors' degree starting date).
Since the personal history is asked for the last 10 years only, should I delete the education details from that page and mention only the work details for the last 10 years.

The personal details section looks like this :

(a) 1999/07 to 2002/06 - Bachelors degree (pre-existing in the application)
(b) 2002/7 to 2003/6 - Bachelors in Education (pre-existing in the application)
(c) 2004/07 to 2006/01 - Job
(d) 2006/4 to till date - Job

Should I mention only the details (d) above which covers the last 10 years details.

Only the last ten years is required, so you can either leave the info or delete it, either way it won't make a difference as this information is there on file in the education history. If there are any gaps, IRCC will ask you to clarify it and seek details if they need it.

Between the two jobs, there is a gap of 2 months as you can see above, that 2 months she worked on Adhoc basis. The employment offers starts from 2006/04 and does not cover the Adhoc period of 2 months. Can I ignore those 2 months or insist the employer to provide experience certificates for that period as well.

I am assuming that this is personal history. You will have to account for these two months by declaring what was the PA doing during this time. If you are claiming points for this period and work experience, then you will need job reference documents and update your work history accordingly, or else simply update it and there is no need for references.

Please help and clarify this doubt.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

My spouse's name is different in her education documents and post marriage her name has changed. Her passport, marriage certificate and IELTS are in the new name. I have got her ECA done for her education and the ECA is in the old name since the certificates are in old name. I have claimed points for her ECA. While filling EE profile i mentioned yes for the question Has he/she been known by another name.

Now my question is, in case i receive an ITA and while submitting her documents i will be submitting her ECA and rest of the documents which are in different names. Do i have to get a notarized affidavit for change of name or just her passport and marriage certificate with an LOE would suffice. I believe education certificates, ECA and IELTS score are to be placed in a single folder

Pls advice
A passport, LOE and marriage certificate would be sufficient. Since the Passport is the identity document, and other documents before the passport issue date had the maiden name, the LoE would be sufficient. However, with the LoE, make sure that you explain it properly and attach the education documents which have the old name and the passport and other documents with the new name.

Reactions: jackdawn

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,
thanks a lot for your help.please,i have a couple of questions.
1)if i was in the US for a period of five months on a tourist visa, do i need to include the address in d address history ?
Yes, if you have the address. If not, then you have to provide the names of the city and state and also state what were you doing there.

2)also i was in employment for the first month of that duration and became unemployed, so in filling the personal history, in answering the question of where this activity(unemployment period) took place do i choose the U.S or my home country?
I don't get your question. On a tourist visa it is illegal to work, unless you were on a B2 visa and has applied for TIN or SSN number with work authorization. Since the details are not clear, I cannot answer the question.

3) in filling the personal history for my husband,

university.....1/1/15- date(ongoing)
company_ 2/8/15- 5/12/15
company 2- 4/7/16- 8-10-16
He has some part time jobs, how do i include these since there has been no break in schooling?
is the above correct?

In the personal history you simple have to list your activity and the nature of work you were doing. You need not account all activities. Eg. if you were a full time student from 12/2016 - 12/2017 you can simply state education and part time job. You don't need to have a second entry for the part time job. However, if you are claiming points for the job in the work experience section, you will have to have a corresponding entry in the personal details section.

4) i only evaluated my masters degree, do i need to include my undegraduate and secondary school education?
No, only the highest degree is required for India.

thank you..

Reactions: Faky201

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi legalfalcon
we have a cec inland application filed on Jan 31st 2017. My wife and I both did medical exam on may 2nd 2016 and expired on 2nd may 2017, and CIC only asked my wife for a re-check on May 3rd 2017. Now medical test is showing as passed and we received PPR mail.

My only worry is CIC did not ask me for a medical re-check and this is strange. Would they hold my passport and ask me for additional documents? Should I book a medical exam now?

Would you please give me some advice, Thank you Falcon.

Lealea

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

This message is to enquire about my wife’s education history/work history section.

I had included my wife’s degree and higher secondary details under the education history section at the pre-ITA stage. Even though we hadn’t claimed any points (NO ECA), it has been carried over to the post-ITA form. In the upload document section, we could see upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. Please note that we have not done ECA and have not claimed points for this in the pre-ITA satge.

I could move these details to personal history. However I will have to answer ``No`` to the question: has this person completed any post-secondary education? Would this be considered as a misrepresentation.

If you id not claim any points for it, there is no need to fill this section. However, I am suspicious that if you answered 'yes,' you did get points for your spouse's education. Make sure you cross check before filing the application. Check your MyCIC account and the summary of points awarded.

We are encountering the same issue in her work history section as well. The documents corresponding to her each work experience is asked for, though we have not got any points for this towards ITA.

If you have not claimed any points for the work experience, there is no need to give reference letters and you can remove it and leave it in the personal history section.

It would be of immense help if you could guide me on how to properly answer these sections.

Thank You.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks Legalfalcon. I am certain that recruitment officers come under NOC code 1223 as many jobs on job bank for recruiters have this code mentioned.

My only concern now is that the duties mentioned by cic have a mix of HR and recruitment.My duties are primarily into recruitment. So i dont have a lot of duties mtching.Also duties mentioned by CIC seem quite specific to recruiting graduates from univeristies etc. I hope they look beyond that as my work is in the private sector handling recruitment at a senior level.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
When you select the NOC, choose the NOC based on comparing your job roles & responsibilities with the main duties of the NOC. Pick the one which matches the best. Get reference letters from your organization(s) to prove your work experience in that NOC.
If you are confused, then in the write a LoE and explain that NOC x and NOC y overlap and in your case you can chose either, but you believe that NOC X, matches closely to your job duties.
IRCC officers give some amount of leeway when such a scenario comes up.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
A passport, LOE and marriage certificate would be sufficient. Since the Passport is the identity document, and other documents before the passport issue date had the maiden name, the LoE would be sufficient. However, with the LoE, make sure that you explain it properly and attach the education documents which have the old name and the passport and other documents with the new name.
Thank you legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, does job experience have to be related to past studies ?
The simple answer is NO. But there has to be some connection. If you closely see the NOC, each NOC has a required education requirement. If you do not have that education requirement, you will have to prove how do you qualify for that. Eg. if your bachelors is in engineering and over the years you have become the VP of your company, you deal with the administration and for administration you need a MBA, you can show that this was by virtue of your experience.

Since your question is too abstract, this is the best I can answer. Henceforth, please give context to your questions.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Legalfalcon, I am at a complete loss.

I have descovered something rather terrible and would appreciate some help.

In my past visa I did not state that I was in Canada when applying although I was, I said I was in my home country and I do not know why I ticked that.

I also did not say yes to the stat question about a past visa refusal. I was refused a visitor visa the previous year.

I got the work visa approved anyway. I recently applied for PR and used the work experience gained from that visa for points.

Will these errors and discrepancies be uncovered during background checks?

If the officer looks at past forms and sees that lie, can he retroactively invalidate the work permit, which would mean my points claimed now aren't valid, and reject PR?

If it isn't descovered now, can it be used in the future and I be deported? It was an honest mistake only recently descovered.

I was honest in my pr application. But as my previous work permit may have been invalid, can the work experience gained be thrown out? If they decide now I misrepresented past work and claimed it as valid in PR?

The basic rule is that an applicant is supposed to answer all questions truthfully. Past visa refusals have no bearing on your PR application. If your application is still under progress, raise a CSE and declare these. If at a later date it is found that you did not declare, your PR can be terminated as you lied to obtain the PR, which is an offence. Although, someone catching it after the application is processed is vary unlikely.

Since I am not sure what you case is and the background, I cannot answer anything more as you flip flop between work visa, visitor visa and what is your current status?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi legalfalcon
we have a cec inland application filed on Jan 31st 2017. My wife and I both did medical exam on may 2nd 2016 and expired on 2nd may 2017, and CIC only asked my wife for a re-check on May 3rd 2017. Now medical test is showing as passed and we received PPR mail.

My only worry is CIC did not ask me for a medical re-check and this is strange. Would they hold my passport and ask me for additional documents? Should I book a medical exam now?

Would you please give me some advice, Thank you Falcon.

Lealea

If you were not asked to re-do your medicals, most likely your medicals were renewed. If you have received the PPR, go ahead and submit your PP and the dates you will get on your visa, make sure you enter Canada before it.

If you want to be double sure, you can send an email mentioned in the PPR emails and verify. But there is nothing to worry and and IRCC on regular basis renews medicals for many applicants after they expire.

Congratulations on getting your PPR.

Desperatehelp

Apr 1, 2017
Germany
The basic rule is that an applicant is supposed to answer all questions truthfully. Past visa refusals have no bearing on your PR application. If your application is still under progress, raise a CSE and declare these. If at a later date it is found that you did not declare, your PR can be terminated as you lied to obtain the PR, which is an offence. Although, someone catching it after the application is processed is vary unlikely.

Since I am not sure what you case is and the background, I cannot answer anything more as you flip flop between work visa, visitor visa and what is your current status?
Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

I first moved to Canada on a work permit. I then went on vacation to USA however the visitor visa was refused.

I was then allowed a second work permit while in Canada and applied however stated I was a resident of home country-outland (as I had been in Canada for a few months and assumed a resident meant being there for 6 months) and did not declare the recent USA refusal.

My second work visa was approved with these errors. I worked in Canada for a year and got points for it.

I submitted my pr this year using that work obtained for points. I also said yes to the USA refusal. My application is in progress, meds passed.

Is there anyway to rectify this past error and does it make my second work permit void if it is descovered?

My fear is that although I believe the errors would not have affected the outcome, they may have affected the process (misrepresentation) of that second visa. Making it void if descovered. Then my pr application based on that valid work permit would then be incorrect. Does it have a domino effect?

The discrepancy might be found as I applied "outland" however my work experience for that time now is saying I was inland and working.

Last edited:

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Thanks for your reply. My remarks in blue. Kindly go through them once and let me know if what am I saying is ok.

Hi Legalfalcon,
I received ITA this week.
I am writing on behalf of my spouse who is working as a primary school teacher.

While filing the application for PR, I found the personal history section confusing.

1. When I opened my personal history page, it had the education details pre-filled.
The education history starts from year 1999 (Bachelors' degree starting date).
Since the personal history is asked for the last 10 years only, should I delete the education details from that page and mention only the work details for the last 10 years.

The personal details section looks like this :

(a) 1999/07 to 2002/06 - Bachelors degree (pre-existing in the application)
(b) 2002/7 to 2003/6 - Bachelors in Education (pre-existing in the application)
(c) 2004/07 to 2006/01 - Job
(d) 2006/4 to till date - Job

Should I mention only the details (d) above which covers the last 10 years details.

Only the last ten years is required, so you can either leave the info or delete it, either way it won't make a difference as this information is there on file in the education history. If there are any gaps, IRCC will ask you to clarify it and seek details if they need it.
I will leave the education details in the "personal history" as it is. And for the job, since I mentioned the details of the job at (c), is it ok to delete it in the PR application and let the job (d) which started 11 years back only remain?

Between the two jobs, there is a gap of 2 months as you can see above, that 2 months she worked on Adhoc basis. The employment offers starts from 2006/04 and does not cover the Adhoc period of 2 months. Can I ignore those 2 months or insist the employer to provide experience certificates for that period as well.

I am assuming that this is personal history. You will have to account for these two months by declaring what was the PA doing during this time. If you are claiming points for this period and work experience, then you will need job reference documents and update your work history accordingly, or else simply update it and there is no need for references. - As mentioned above, should i simply include only the latest job details where PA has been working since last 11 years continuously (Job starting date 2006-April) and forget about the 2 months gap period prior to that as in any case that time period will not be considered.

Thanks!!!