canada201417

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nothing to worry about, IRCC will call the company's number and find out. However, you can raise a CSE and inform IRCC and ask them to contact the company, or give the contact details of another person in the company who will be responsible for it.
Thank you. This person will be available over the phone, only his official email ID will not be functional after one week. In case if he gets call over the phone, he can very well reply to IRCC.

Another query : If I get in to IP2 and than PPR before he left, still does it required to inform IRCC. I am PNP applicant and in NA2 stage since last 38 days. Any guess for further movement?

Thank you again for your precious time and reply.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
You should get it rectified, or you can get it done when you land in Canada and point it out to the CBSA officer.
Thank you so much!!

So its not mandatory to get it rectified before landing?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Legalfalcon,

have a query with regards to NOC, my primary NOC is 0121 which i selected in EE profile. But few job responsibilities match with the the NSNP demand list occupation 6235. i thought of changing my primary NOC in EE profile to 6235 and apply for NSNP. But 0121 is NOC category 0 and 6235 is NOC category B and my reference letter has all my designations as regional head.
Do u think i can still apply for 6235 or they will reject since my reference letter has a category 0 designations?

Appreciate your advice

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
YEs, IRCC published a general notification that they are experiencing delays in releasing the GCMS notes and to catch up, they worked this weekend and some GCMS notes were released. Also, their website was under maintenance, and this also caused some delay.

Hopefully within a few days they will be back on track. This is the information I received from GET GCMS.

Can you please reply to my personal message.

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Hello LegalFalcon,

My cousin and his wife are applying through PNP-O, along with 3 dependant kids.

Now, they know they're supposed to submit the birth certificates for all 3 kids, but do they also need to submit their own birth certificates, i.e., my cousin and his wife??

On the CIC website, it only says dependant children, but they want to make absolutely sure.

Thanks.

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply @legalfalcon,
Apologies but I have got some of my terminology incorrect.
thanks @ legalfalcon.
Apologies but need to confirm, should be step sister not half sister from original scenario

Express entry
Not claiming express entry points for step sister in this instance. is this ok?
eAPR
The family section question
1.Does xxxxxxx have a relative who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? (The relative must be 18 or older and living in Canada?
What would the answer be for a step sister you don't know and have never met?

2.Please tell us about xxxxxxxxxxx immediate family members that have not been identified in the application?
The first drop down menu has options for step sister & step father. Would they need to be listed here?

Thank you for your help

Ganiroy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
As per IRCC when evaluating applications:

Express Entry candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their profile is accurate and up-to-date at all times.

When a candidate is issued an ITA, their profile information and their CRS score are automatically recorded in GCMS.

If a candidate decides to submit an e-APR, the system automatically transfers the information from their profile to their e-APR for their convenience. The candidate is required to ensure that the information is still accurate before they submit their e-APR to IRCC. If the information transferred from the candidate’s profile is no longer accurate, the candidate must update their application accordingly.

When an applicant submits an e-APR to IRCC, the information in their application is locked, and their CRS score at the time of their application is recorded in GCMS.

Processing offices must compare the information in the applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations to the information in their e-APR to ensure that the applicant meets the requirements of section A11.2. Note that not all discrepancies should result in a refusal.

Further, when evaluating an application under A11.2 -

An applicant’s CRS score is automatically recorded in GCMS at the time when

• their ITA is issued; and
  • their e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application should be refused under section A11.2 for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
However, the change in the circumstances, or a discrepancy should be genuine and not done as a misrepresentation. To evaluate that you will need a well drafted LoE and evidence to support it. In this regards IRCC states:

Applicants are warned that if they misrepresent their qualifications in their Express Entry profile or their e-APR, they may face a five-year ban from submitting any further immigration applications to Canada, including temporary residence applications.

If there are discrepancies between the information in the applicant’s profile and the information in the applicant’s e-APR which are not the result of a legitimate change in the applicant’s circumstance, the officer should determine whether a finding of misrepresentation under section A40 applies.

For additional guidance on misrepresentation, processing offices should consult the misrepresentation section of chapter ENF 2 (PDF, 726.46 KB). When processing Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applications, processing offices should also consult PNP applications: Determining Admissibility.

The procedures for determining misrepresentation, including procedural fairness, remain the same under Express Entry.

If both section A11.2 and section A40 apply, the application should be refused on both grounds.
Thanks @legalfalcon

This is very helpful, and will proceed accordingly. Thanks for your time

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,
Is there any legal way to get attention of officer on our file? Like few inland applicants took help from MPs to escalate dr cases. It's been more than five months since case analyst's reccomendation was made and file is still awaiting for an officer's review. I am not under ss as security has not been started yet... Total time since aor is reaching to 8 month now.would you reccomend here to consult a lawyer , who can write to cic to pay attention on our file... bcz contacting customer care, and raising cse result in getting standard replies

Last edited:

Carly44

May 28, 2017
YEs, IRCC published a general notification that they are experiencing delays in releasing the GCMS notes and to catch up, they worked this weekend and some GCMS notes were released. Also, their website was under maintenance, and this also caused some delay.

Hopefully within a few days they will be back on track. This is the information I received from GET GCMS.
Hi @legalfalcon

Curious as to how long securiry screening takes?

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi legalfalcon

As mentioned above I could get my VO change after ppr
And basis the above I have submitted the passports today

Could you pleas tell me in addition should I do a change of address intimation also through a CSE

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
You can request and see if IRCC will approve the request, which is very difficult.
Thanks @legalfalcon One more piece of information. I called up IRCC and the agent informed me that my application was approved on 28th Aug, and the renewed passport was added to application on 30th August (even though I sent it on 14th Aug). So that might be reason that expiry date of my visa is shown as Feb 2018 as it was approved before new passport information got updated. That lady said that she can't do much as an agent and suggested to write an email to CPC-Ottawa.
Good part is she said she does not see that my documents/visa has been printed yet. So there is chance that they might read the email and may rectify. She also said that if the visa is printed, nothing much can be done.

Do you think they will take the new passport into account, and use this information to update the visa expiry etc? I know, it might be speculation, just checking based on your experience so far.

Thanks!