Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Hi All,

I am vacating my apartment this april. Currently I am facing issue with my current management. They get people to see the apartment without giving me notice. When I object, they ask me to pay extra month rent. Is this by law?

There are certain time, I don't want anyone to come or I want some privacy for my family (lunch time, when my 1yr old son sleeps etc). Can't I have the right to object or say "come some other time".

Best Regards,

kabayanko

Aug 14, 2014
it is a good habit to review your lease agreement again
- depending on your agreement you have signed, usually a 24 hr notice to enter the unit will be given to tenant .
- depending also on the said agreement, a tenant usually advice to terminate their lease 1-2 months in advance and better documented/filed instead of verbal notice.

if you don't have any agreement, check your provincial rental by-laws. and if you feel your landlord have deprived you of your rights base on this by-laws or agreement, you can always sue him in small claims court. just make sure you have records or documents to support your issues with your landlord

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
The law says 24 Hrs.
If you are in Ontario call 1-888-332-3234.
By law you have the right to refuse any visit.
alrivas. com for more info.

anujoshi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally, you should be given 24 hours notice. You can review your lease agreement to see if that clause was included, or call Landlord and Tenant Board (if you are in Ontario) at 1-888-332-3234 or visit their website at ltb.gov.on.ca

Best of luck!