+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Telecom Jobs in Canada - RF Engr.-

Tegsol

Dec 1, 2011
Hello,

I am currently living in Canada, I used to work for a telecom company before coming to Canada. I used to work there for six years in installation, operation and maintenance of DMS-100 (Nortel) and AXE-10 (Ericsson) public switches. I have also been working in another company for ten years on operation and maintenance of Alcatel OmniPCX 4400 IP-PABX enterprise telephone system. I have a degree in electrical engineering and computer science, took six month factory training on DMS 100 switch operation and maintenance.

I have been in Canada over six months but I could not get a job in telecom area, I learnt that Nortel had gone bankrupt, CO switches have now become soft switches or IMS. Enterprise telephone systems are from Cisco/Avaya. I don't see many telecom jobs in both public and enterprise switches area.

I would appreciate it if you could give me your advices and suggestions on what possible career options I have, which telecom service providers and which cities may have opportunities for a person of my background. I am not able to get good information regarding telecom careers with promising growth rate and better opportunities in Canada.

mixam

Jan 15, 2013
FSS2012 said:
Hello, We are looking for a Junior Installation Technician to to perform repairs and installations on RF two-way communications, Microwave, AVL, GPS, Cellular, Satellite and other forms of wireless equipment as assigned.

Requirements
Diploma from an accredited Electronic and/ or Technical Institute would be an asset but related experience may be considered
· Ability to install, maintain end user two-way communication equipment as well as other various electronics
· Experience in field work considered and asset
· Well developed interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Experience performing basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products, Excel, and other programs

Please inbox me if you would like your resume to be considered.
Dear FSS2012,

I am interested in this position. Could you send the link if its still available to mixam2008@gmail.com
Thnks in advance.

Feb 13, 2013
Hello,

My name is Anderson Martins,I'm looking for RF opportunities in USA and Canada, I'm currently working as a RF TL for Huawei in Brazil. You can see my CV in Linkedin (br.linkedin.com/in/martinsanderson/). I am at your disposal for questions.

Best Regards,

Anderson Augusto Martins

piccaso

May 21, 2013
Born and bred in Canada, work for Core Network and RAN Engineers is non existent. I have to look to the U.S. for work. The population in Canada is small (1/10 the size of the U.S.) and is monopolized by 3 carriers... Telus, Bell and Rogers. Telecom jobs in Canada if any are cable pulling low wage grunt jobs. You will have better luck being IT (Cisco Certified) then telecom and getting on with a corporation within their IT department. There is Avaya which is PBX and IT, but that's it. Good luck.

Adhav

May 23, 2013
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Any idea in which province there are good number of telecom companies?
Because I want to study telecommnunication/wireless comm. engineering masters... Based upon this I am planning to choose the university in corresponding location.

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
Hello Fellow Telecom Professionals

Can anyone help me with my dilemma in finding Telecom Work in Canada. What is the current employment policy of Telecom Companies with regards to the recruitment of ExPat foreign national. Are they only interested
in recruiting Local P.R. Canadians only? I have seen many job being advertised by Canadian Telecom companies and I have applied for it numerous times but I did not even get an acknowledgement for my application let alone a telephone interview. When I asked them about their recruitment policy for foreign nationals [Sponsorship] they neither acknowledged nor bothered to reply. It is so frustrating for me. Either there is a shortage of peoples in the industry but they are not showing any interests in a foreign candidate.
If any Telecom Professional person can assist me with getting some contract or permanent work I shall be greatful to them. Please only genuine enquiries from a reliable person may contact me as I had my fare share of scammers. I have more than thirty years of Telecom Consulting experience in Network Rollouts and Trunkey Projects in Wireline [fixed] and RBS Cellular Switch Installation, Test and Integration. Please contact me with your e-mail ASAP.

Thank You

Digital Nomad

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
AllisonVSC said:
I am Allison VSC's partner and I work for a Canadian Telecom operator. I am also an EE and Accountant.

Job opportunities for RF Engineers in Canada are pretty good. Although generally the growth of the industry is constrained by regulations which need to be revisited (e.g., foreign ownership restrictions), the rapid increase in wireless data traffic, and emergence of wireless substitutes to traditional services (e.g., mobile TV, WBB) is putting stress on the national wireless infrastructure, and network RF engineering teams are quite busy.

Beyond operators, many consultancy businesses and several equipment suppliers (RIM, Nokia...) also hire talent in the RF engineering arena.

A couple of caveats:

- Preferable to establish contacts in the prospective hiring companies before making any major commitment to moving to Canada - if your professional project is the main reason for the move. An exploratory trip may be a good thing.

- Be willing to show some flexibility about the job location: Ontario is well endowed in wireless companies (Ottawa, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto), even if the recent recession has put some of the smaller ones temporarily in the ropes; but other provinces such as Quebec and Alberta also offer opportunities (including in avionics for Quebec).

- If you are not proficient in French this will be a problem in Quebec (may not be unsurmountable if you do not have to work with the public). If you are, this will be an opportunity in many places, elsewhere in Canada.

- Finally, once you have circumscribed your target province get familiar with the provincial Professional Engineers body and make contact to understand what they require to recognize your particular engineering credentials. The sooner you do this the more time you will save and problems you will avoid. Many jobs with Telecom operators either require Canadian P.Eng. credentials, or consider it an asset (yes, this is a protectionist gig, but better work with them than against them).

Good luck.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Allison

Can anyone help me with my dilemma in finding Telecom Work in Canada. What is the current employment policy of Telecom Companies with regards to the recruitment of ExPat foreign national. Are they only interested
in recruiting Local P.R. Canadians only? I have seen many job being advertised by Canadian Telecom companies and I have applied for it numerous times but I did not even get an acknowledgement for my application let alone a telephone interview. When I asked them about their recruitment policy for foreign nationals [Sponsorship] they neither acknowledged nor bothered to reply. It is so frustrating for me. Either there is a shortage of peoples in the industry but they are not showing any interests in a foreign candidate.
If any Telecom Professional person can assist me with getting some contract or permanent work I shall be greatful to them. Please only genuine enquiries from a reliable person may contact me as I had my fare share of scammers. I have more than thirty years of Telecom Consulting experience in Network Rollouts and Trunkey Projects in Wireline [fixed] and RBS Cellular Switch Installation, Test and Integration. Please contact me with your e-mail ASAP.

Thank You

Digital Nomad

FSS2012

Sep 28, 2012
Fossil Communications is currently hiring for a Telecommunications Technician in Fort McMurray, Alberta. We are looking for applicants with wireless and RF experience. Please message me if you would like to apply.

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
Hi Alison/ Fellow Professionals

Thank you for the information on my topic of Telecom works in Canada.

On numerous occasions I have responded to various Canadian Telecom Companies websites for the jobs that matches my wealth of skills and experience and the response I get [or not as in my case]
is a deafening, eerie silence. No acknowledgement, no status update, Nothing. Canadian Telecom companies should clearly specify that they are only willing to consider applicants who are a PR Canadian Citizen or foreigners with legal work permits and No Sponsors. This way ExPat like myself
save time and hassle. I know there is a lot of telecom works available in US and Canada but their respective governments proactively discourage the companies from hiring of foreign Nationals, even though there is a shortage of Telecom Professionals which the INS are well aware. INS policy is employ the Locals and train them if they are lacking in skills which most companies neither have the time or resources so we are back to catch 22 situation. There are abundance of Ready Trained Professionals For Hire even on short term contract basis, but they cannot hire because of INS Policy on recruitment of foreign nationals. My personal opinion is that the Canadian Telecom Companies should hire ExPat Professionals on a short term [extendable] contract provided they fund their cost
this way the INS gets the money, Companies are not out of pocket and everyone is happy.

I wonder if either yourselves or any other fellow professional ExPat share my views. Input please.

DigitalNomad Telecom Guru.

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
Hello Alison

I am going to ask you a very blunt question which is Can you help me get a job with any of Canadian Telecom preferably based in Ontario Province [or any other province if at all possible].
I am prepared to pay towards the cost of any work permit visa if any company shows positive interest in my skills and experience and are willing to sponsor me.

Thank You

Kjahled

kjahled@gmail.com

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
Can anyone put me in touch with a Canadian Telecom Company who will be interested in hiring me for any Telecom work anywhere in Canada. I have previously worked as a contractor on behalf of
CanTel, AT&T and Rogers. I have tried to apply direct with these companies but with no response.

As a Freelance Telecom Consultant Engineer I have worked across the globe for the past twenty years, but Canada IS the country I would love to work and settle in. Can anyone help me out please. Thank You in anticipation of an early positive response.

Kjahled

kjahled@gmail.com

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
More than Thirty years of experience in Network Rollouts and Turnkey Projects in Telecom Network Infrastructures 2g,3g,4g Central Office Installation, Test and Integration of Wireline [Fixed] and RBS
Cellular Radio Switches capable of Project Management, Project Supervision and Project Coordination.
A wealth of experience for this seasoned Telecom Professionals.....ANY TAKERS. Only very serious
companies who shows positive interests in my profile are encouraged to contact me for detailed resume.

Thank You

Digital Nomad

kjahled@gmail.com

Jennifer9919

Nov 7, 2013
Hi, everyone

My husband and I want to immigrate into Candad for getting a better education for my son,a 12-year-old boy. He is a RF engineer of more than 10 years' work experience.

'' Insightful, results-driven RF professional with notable success directing a broad range of network design and network optimization projects include 2G/3G/4G techniques. Outstanding project leader; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating and guiding team. Self-motivated employee; able to find the customers’ needs and associate that to our daily work so as to expand our business.

AREAS OF EXPERTISE

• RF Network Planning
• In-building Service
• Network Initial Tuning
• Network Performance Improvement
• End-to-End Optimization

TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES
Network: GSM, CDMA 1X/EVDO, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE
Tools: PLANET, TEMS INVESTIGATION, MCOM, Mapinfo, Wireshark, Moniq, Actix, Agilent

Anyone who can offer me advice about hot to get a job offer or any information about consultant agency, please feel free to email me. I will be very appreciate. It's really very important for our family. Only if we get a job offer, we can have the chance to come to Canada.

Thanks all

Jennifer9919@163.com

kjahled

Jul 29, 2010
Sorry to disappoint you and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but you stand better chance of going to Mars than getting a job offer for your husband in Canada. Canadian Telecom Companies are strictly governed by very strict Canadian Labour laws to recruit Locals, PR or Visa holders and no others. The chances of your husband getting a job offer are very slim and believe me I am telling you from my personal experience. I have been badgering Canadian Telecom companies for years without any success. They are overwhelmed by my professional skills and experience but their hands are tied behind their backs. I pray that your husband has better luck than I did. Miracle do happens sometimes.

Good Luck and Goodwill Hunting.

Jennifer9919

Nov 7, 2013
kjahled said:
Sorry to disappoint you and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but you stand better chance of going to Mars than getting a job offer for your husband in Canada. Canadian Telecom Companies are strictly governed by very strict Canadian Labour laws to recruit Locals, PR or Visa holders and no others. The chances of your husband getting a job offer are very slim and believe me I am telling you from my personal experience. I have been badgering Canadian Telecom companies for years without any success. They are overwhelmed by my professional skills and experience but their hands are tied behind their backs. I pray that your husband has better luck than I did. Miracle do happens sometimes.

Good Luck and Goodwill Hunting.
Thanks for telling me about the market of the job. Now I begin to realize there's slim possiblity for him to find a job in Ca, maybe he shoud try to find work in US.

By the way, I got an mail from an agency from Alberta. I guess they find me from the forum. I've sent my message but I'm not sure if it's realiable or not. Have you tried to find an agency for help?

Anyway, thanks for sharing me your experience