Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
03-06-2011/Forwarded to CEM 21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
(DM) 05-07-2011/ 19-07-2011
LANDED..........
God gave us a ticket for 17-09-2011
I've got a question on my mom's supervisa processing. We had it submitted Oct. 11th and we got a reply that it was received.
Oct. 15th her medical request came up, but she was able to have it prior to their request that is why it was already included in the application.
Until now her application shows status on Medical Review "We need your medical information".
Should we already do a follow-up? Any ideas where or how I should do it?

orchifly

May 31, 2007
gjzzzunlayao said:
I've got a question on my mom's supervisa processing. We had it submitted Oct. 11th and we got a reply that it was received.
Oct. 15th her medical request came up, but she was able to have it prior to their request that is why it was already included in the application.
Until now her application shows status on Medical Review "We need your medical information".
Should we already do a follow-up? Any ideas where or how I should do it?

question lang...you mean nagmedical ang mother mo without a request coming from immigration?di ba kailangan wait muna yun request saka magpapamedical kasi di ba may form na nakaattached dun sa request which is yun ang ibibigay dun sa doctor or clinic na accredited ng cic...i suggest tumawag ka sa immigration or CEM thru call center or mag email ka pra malaman u ang status ng aplication nyo...

Jul 29, 2013
destino88 said:
I will share my experience base on the current status of our application which is almost similar to yours. Usually an email or letter will be received by the applicant from CEM informing him/her regarding status of medical examination or a follow up of sort by the embassy specially if the application is almost due. in my case, i received that notice via email and i'm posting the content below to give you further idea and share my experience as well.

My mother was also asked by IOM to undergo sputum test that makes the medical examination a lot more tedious and long and as of this writing this medical thing is still ongoing, as to when this will all be done.. only God knows. anyways. i received an email from CEM (see below ) being the designated representative of my mother in her application. so basically this is one instance were the form for designated representative starts to work. i filled up the table with the corresponding questions and sent my reply to CEM.

I also emailed the panel physician of my mother at IOM informing her of the email i received from CEM. I did not receive any reply but i just hope they did what they are suppose to do.

Application #: VXXXXXXXXXX

Name: DeLa Cruz, Juan

Dear Applicant:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence in Canada.
You were previously sent instructions to undergo a medical examination. To date, we have not received your medical results.
To proceed with your application, we require your medical results within 14 days of this letter. At that time, your application will be assessed based on the information on your file and may be refused.

If you have already undergone the medical examination by a Panel Physician, complete the table below and return it to our office within 7 days of this letter.

ITEM REQUIRED CLIENT RESPONSE

Name of Panel Physician for Medical Exam:

Date of Initial Medical Examination:

Date Panel Physician submitted medical examination results
to embassy (please confirm with doctor):

Have you been asked to do any additional tests? Yes/No?

Other:

Sincerely,

Temporary Resident Unit - Visa Section

Embassy of Canada, Manila

Thanks for your posting, unfortunately, we didn't get any letter or email from the Embassy. I just hope that they will consider the letter of appeal that i send them. Thanks again!

gjzzzunlayao

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Manila
Category........
NOC Code......
6211/1474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2008
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
23-04-2010
AOR Received.
08-10-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
04-03-2011
Med's Done....
02-04-2011 / Forwarded to CEM 18-04-2011/spouse 05-05-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
03-06-2011/Forwarded to CEM 21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
(DM) 05-07-2011/ 19-07-2011
LANDED..........
God gave us a ticket for 17-09-2011
orchifly said:
question lang...you mean nagmedical ang mother mo without a request coming from immigration?di ba kailangan wait muna yun request saka magpapamedical kasi di ba may form na nakaattached dun sa request which is yun ang ibibigay dun sa doctor or clinic na accredited ng cic...i suggest tumawag ka sa immigration or CEM thru call center or mag email ka pra malaman u ang status ng aplication nyo...

yes nagpamedical siya without the request because valid naman for 6months yun as long as sa panel physician siya. meron form na binigay sa kanya for reference na pwede i-attach agad sa on line application nya. sana lang sooner ako nag email to check the status kase parang lumalabas, di nila natanggap yung medical nya. ngayon lang na finalize at passport request na siya. next question naman is kung round trip ticket or single entry ticket ang bibilhin for her.

orchifly

May 31, 2007
gjzzzunlayao said:
yes nagpamedical siya without the request because valid naman for 6months yun as long as sa panel physician siya. meron form na binigay sa kanya for reference na pwede i-attach agad sa on line application nya. sana lang sooner ako nag email to check the status kase parang lumalabas, di nila natanggap yung medical nya. ngayon lang na finalize at passport request na siya. next question naman is kung round trip ticket or single entry ticket ang bibilhin for her.
roundtrip ticket ang kailangan u,most of my friends n kinuha nla parents at advice din nla sa akin,pra daw di maquestion sa point of entry

arjoy

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2013 (CAP reached)
Doc's Request.
08-11-2013 (CAP reached)
what are the specific requirements for visitors visa?

star13

Jan 18, 2014
Tourist Visa
HelloPo

I would like to find out if anyone has applied with online application using someone else's credit card? I'm planning to apply for my father's trv online but I would also like to pay it using my own credit card?

Also, another thing I was on vacation in the Phil. last december and accidentally brought all his documents with me (paper application), so can I send all his applications directly to the Canadian Embassy in Manila or do I have to go through VAC/VFS office? Has anyone applied with the traditional/paper application? and ano pagkaiba nya sa online? will the processing take longer?

His paper applications are ready to go but I have it with me with his cheque payable to the Embassy in Manila, but no payment for VFS to process, so this is why I'm wondering if I can just send in his complete application directly to the Embassy. Or I can do an online application for him and pay the fees online myself with my own credit card? and just send his passport back to him? (in case they requested it in Manila).

Help! if anyone can help me! His passport is due to expired in 2015 and I'm applying for a multi entry visa. So I would like to have him come to Canada for a visit this year before his passport expires.

fiLcAn_mom

Mar 24, 2014
Hi Everyone...

I just need more info on how to start the application for SUPERVISA for my parents.
Where to send the invitation letter?
does it need to be notarize before sending?
what insurance will you recommend?

thanks in advance! :) :)
javascript:void(0);

Kish2328

Feb 11, 2014
Hello - my mom just applied today for a visit visa and she received a passport request right away. I know she has to send it in Manila or Cebu, but what I'm confused about is - will she have to pay for the passport to be returned to her? Does she need to attach cash or cheque? Or can she just buy a prepaid postage? Does the embassy use 2go or LBC or other courier?

Also, if they asked for her passport, does that mean she's approved?

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
Kish2328 said:
Hello - my mom just applied today for a visit visa and she received a passport request right away. I know she has to send it in Manila or Cebu, but what I'm confused about is - will she have to pay for the passport to be returned to her? Does she need to attach cash or cheque? Or can she just buy a prepaid postage? Does the embassy use 2go or LBC or other courier?

Also, if they asked for her passport, does that mean she's approved?
@ kish2328

no, the only thing she needs to pay is her visa application

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
fiLcAn_mom said:
Hi Everyone...

I just need more info on how to start the application for SUPERVISA for my parents.
Where to send the invitation letter?
does it need to be notarize before sending?
what insurance will you recommend?

thanks in advance! :) :)
javascript:void(0);
@ filcan
-include your invitation letter to the application of your parents
-when we made our invitation letter, yes we did notarize them to show its authenticate and the letter is really from canada
- we did not get any insurance for our parents, its your choice. you can even get insurance once they arrived here in canada

hope it helps

Kish2328

Feb 11, 2014
KMAEP said:
@ kish2328

no, the only thing she needs to pay is her visa application
Hi, thanks for your reply. But no, in the Philippines when you file your online or mail in application, you have to pay another fees charged by VFS. I just found out about this by doing more research and calling them myself.

VFS is where they (CIC) wants you to send your passport and passport request letter. Aside from the 100 CAD I paid online - I also paid 24 CAD (Manager's Check) upon sending my mom's passport and letter. The 24 CAD is for Passport Transmission, Courier Delivery of Applications and SMS notifications. VFS and CIC are two separate entities. I guess CIC uses some kind of middleman ;D

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
Kish2328 said:
Hi, thanks for your reply. But no, in the Philippines when you file your online or mail in application, you have to pay another fees charged by VFS. I just found out about this by doing more research and calling them myself.

VFS is where they (CIC) wants you to send your passport and passport request letter. Aside from the 100 CAD I paid online - I also paid 24 CAD (Manager's Check) upon sending my mom's passport and letter. The 24 CAD is for Passport Transmission, Courier Delivery of Applications and SMS notifications. VFS and CIC are two separate entities. I guess CIC uses some kind of middleman ;D
@kish2328

Oh see, yung application kasi ng inlaws ko was sent directly to canadian embassy in makati

Wshaduca

Nov 15, 2013
foreveryoung1116 we are on the sane boat. canada embassy refused my mom's application too. they returned everything. here's what i did, i emailed embassy letter of appeal with all
the medical results my mom had. after a week they email
me back telling they re open my moms application and they request for her passport. my mom
is still on the medical process. like you i don't know when it will ne done. she undergo
sputum test with a negative result but the doctor still put her on PTB treatment.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delays due to medicals are common. This may sound cruel but the truth is they need to do medicals and unfortunately not all people's health permits travel. Just to give you an example if someone has a heart condition getting on a plane can be dangerous. A change in altitude can effect a cardiovascular medical conditions and can trigger a stroke. i am no suggesting that all medical requirements are always fair or you have to agree with them. There is always a change of misdiagnoses or just a bad doctor this happens in Canada just like in every other country. But to be fair the cost of medical treatment in Canada is expensive, insurance companies don't always cover all stable pre-existing conditions and I am sure the last thing you would want to do is mortgage your house to pay a medical bill in the tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.