+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa from Bangladesh

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something is wrong it is too long for the medical reports contact the CIC office and contact the doctor to make sure they were sent and were received.

If you want to buy insurance you need an insurance broker not an accountant.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Rossei said:
At time of application submission, we were told not to submit any property papers. So, we didn't show any. But they checked my mom's original FDR(s) against the copies. [/color]
What is an FDR? And why is it better to not submit property papers or land deed?

Thanks,

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
torontob said:
What is an FDR?
FDR = Fixed Deposit Receipt
It's a receipt from the bank where you deposited any fixed amount for a definite period. The bank can invest it in bonds, shares or mutual.

And why is it better to not submit property papers or land deed?
Well, did I say that it's not better to submit those docs? ;D

VFS-Bangladesh didn't seem to care much. That also led me to think liquid cash (checking account, saving account etc.) is far more effective than fixed assets (land, house etc.).

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Hi,

My parents visa application got rejected. However, they just applied for regular visitor visa. The visa office was not satisfied that they would return to Bangladesh after their visit.

I am single and my income is way above LICO. So, I am planning to submit super visa application for them. Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
isabox said:
Hi,

My parents visa application got rejected. However, they just applied for regular visitor visa. The visa office was not satisfied that they would return to Bangladesh after their visit.
Would you care to share what docs they submitted? What ties did they show? My in-laws are applying this month; so I'm bit worried.

I am single and my income is way above LICO. So, I am planning to submit super visa application for them. Any suggestion ?
If your 2013 NOA shows your income to be over LICO for 3 persons; then it's good enough. You can bundle it up with current employment verification letter, few recent pay stubs, bank statements etc. Write a good invitation letter. Try to show more ties to Bangladesh.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
Rossei said:
Would you care to share what docs they submitted? What ties did they show? My in-laws are applying this month; so I'm bit worried.
If your 2013 NOA shows your income to be over LICO for 3 persons; then it's good enough. You can bundle it up with current employment verification letter, few recent pay stubs, bank statements etc. Write a good invitation letter. Try to show more ties to Bangladesh.

We submitted:

My NOA
My employment letter
Invitation letter
Birth certificate, PR card

For My parents:
Their bank statements(with good balance)
My father's Business registration paper(but in Bengali)
Passport copy
passport pages with visa, from the countries they visited before

Does anyone think, supervisa would have more chances?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
isabox said:
We submitted:

My NOA
My employment letter
Invitation letter

For My parents:
Passport copy
Your case seem pretty solid. I guess the VO wasn't satisfied with your parents' current ties to Bangladesh. Fixed assets (i.e. land, house etc.), other children/grandchildren in Bangladesh, jobs - are few criteria that help to prove home ties. Did your parents lack in any of them?

You also mentioned their travel history. Was it limited to Asia? Canada would probably value travel to Europe/ North America more.

Yes, it would.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest you to apply GCMS notes under the Access to Information Act. You would find visa officer's details notes there. After that, you could rectify those reasons and they can apply again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Good Luck.

isabox said:
We submitted:

My NOA
My employment letter
Invitation letter

For My parents:
Passport copy

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also include any affiliations or work with NGO's like red cross etc... This is often overlooked but does increase chances of approval for a super visa or visitors visa.

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi isabox,

Did you apply for supervisa for your parents?

-Tchow
isabox said:
We submitted:

My NOA
My employment letter
Invitation letter

For My parents:
Passport copy

AH15

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
My wife is pregnant and I want to invite my mother-in-law. My father-in-law will not attain her. She will be here only for 2 months. So we are planning to apply for visitor visa, not super visa to avoid the insurance cost. Is there any possibility to cancel the visitor visa?

Please help.

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Hi Guys,

I have a quite irrelevant question. I appreciate if you guys can shed some lights on that, I couldn't find an answer online..

I am applying visitor visa for my parents, We would like to get a multiple visa for 5 years for them. There is a form 5752 which we should indicate their travel plans, and we should mention the time that they are going to stay. Now the question is, should I give a five years interval, say from 2015 to 2020 although they are not going to stay the whole time or should I just mention only their plans for the coming year( say from may2015 to aug 2015)? If I just mention this year plan, they might think we only want the visa for this year not issue a long term visa. And if I mention the five year, since visitors are not allowed to stay for that long they might just reject their visa...

Please note that in the new forms there is no place to choose multiple visa options any more...

Thanks and sorry if it is very irrelevant

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
farahnz said:
Hi Guys,

I have a quite irrelevant question. I appreciate if you guys can shed some lights on that, I couldn't find an answer online..

I am applying visitor visa for my parents, We would like to get a multiple visa for 5 years for them. There is a form 5752 which we should indicate their travel plans, and we should mention the time that they are going to stay. Now the question is, should I give a five years interval, say from 2015 to 2020 although they are not going to stay the whole time or should I just mention only their plans for the coming year( say from may2015 to aug 2015)? If I just mention this year plan, they might think we only want the visa for this year not issue a long term visa. And if I mention the five year, since visitors are not allowed to stay for that long they might just reject their visa...

Please note that in the new forms there is no place to choose multiple visa options any more...

Thanks and sorry if it is very irrelevant
So, you are applying for Visit Visa (not the Super Visa).

I recently helped my in-laws to apply for TRV. They got visa till their PP expiry (equivalent to 5 years). And they mentioned that they would stay with us only for 1 month.

I believe if you say you will be staying for months (let alone years); that raises question re: your intent as a visitor. BTW, CIC got rid of multi-entry option because each visitor application will be considered for multi-entry by default.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AH15 said:
My wife is pregnant and I want to invite my mother-in-law. My father-in-law will not attain her. She will be here only for 2 months. So we are planning to apply for visitor visa, not super visa to avoid the insurance cost. Is there any possibility to cancel the visitor visa?

Please help.
I didn't understand your question. You want to cancel your visa application?

farahnz

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
late March-2015
Rossei said:
So, you are applying for Visit Visa (not the Super Visa).

I recently helped my in-laws to apply for TRV. They got visa till their PP expiry (equivalent to 5 years). And they mentioned that they would stay with us only for 1 month.

I believe if you say you will be staying for months (let alone years); that raises question re: your intent as a visitor. BTW, CIC got rid of multi-entry option because each visitor application will be considered for multi-entry by default.
Thanks Rossei for the reply, Yes I am applying for Visit Visa not for super visa. I agree with you that stating a long visit might raise questions.

+1 to you :)