+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super VISA - Forms for Parents

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by CadVistor, Dec 16, 2011.

  1. Hi, my parents are applying for Super Visa back home. I am wondering if my dad and mom will fill each set of forms separately i.e. 1 Checklist form for Dad and a new one for mom. Similarly, 1 IMM5257 for dad and a new one for mom.

    How does the information sent by me works? I have only sent 1 sponsorship letter. I assume they might have to photocopy and attest it for use in mom's documents.

    Please share thanks :)
  2. Please guide, how to apply for a Super Visa for parents. Please provide details about the forms needed and supporting documents.

    CIC website shows the link below, but it shows the only form IMM 5257
    Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM5257]Is this single form is enough or we fill the complete application package for "TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA"
    Please solve this confusion.
  3. Hi, How did you figure this out? I have the same prob. Parents to fill one form or two applications? How will my sponsorship letter go along? Thanks..
  4. One form for each person and your letter as one of the supporting document. Read the checklist and instruction carefully.
  5. Do family members need to apply separately?

    Your family members who also wish to visit Canada must apply by filling out their own temporary residence form (Temporary Resident Visa, study permit or work permit). However, you may send all family member application forms in the same envelope with only one payment receipt for the total amount. See the “

    Pay the Fee” section.

    Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada.

    If your family members wish to follow you to Canada at a later date, they must complete a separate application for admission.
  6. No, you got this part wrong. It should be:

    Each individual can apply separately but can choose to travel on the same date, together or go to Canada on different dates. The first family member who applied and got visa doesn't have to be the first person to travel to Canada. Instead, he/she can choose to do so after the next family member.
  7. i quoted the whole thring from CIC website.

Share This Page