+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for Parents

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Bryanna,

As suggested i did not look at the application package for 2 days and today i again reviewed the entire package and found okay. now stuck in some other thing :(

As stated earlier i am enclosing my birth certificate to show that i am their son as proof of relationship. Also same birth certificate will be uploaded to show that they are husband and wife since marriage certificate is not available.

in the marriage certificate proof section, shall i mention something on the birth certificate highlighting child name/father & mother name etc. along with a solemn statement from my father that i do not posses marriage certificate however birth certificate of my son shows that xxxxx (name of my mother) is my spouse and xxxxx (my name) is our son who is inviting us in Canada.

look forward to have your feedback soonest.

Thanks a million!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
in the marriage certificate proof section, shall i mention something on the birth certificate highlighting child name/father & mother name etc. along with a solemn statement from my father that i do not posses marriage certificate however birth certificate of my son shows that xxxxx (name of my mother) is my spouse and xxxxx (my name) is our son who is inviting us in Canada.
It's not required. Your birth certificate is good enough. You can add a single line that registering their marriage (when they got married) was not mandatory. That's why they don't have a marriage certificate.

In case their passports state each other's names as spouses then you can scan/include those as well.

Do note that all documents must be in English/translated into English by a certified translator

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
You can add a single line that registering their marriage (when they got married) was not mandatory. That's why they don't have a marriage certificate
Thanks for your quick reply my friend. That's not the case, marriages used to be registered at that time even however my parents are not finding the certificate.

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Do you think that my father can mention below statement on my birth cert and upload as marriage proof of my parents:

"Marriage certificate is not available however birth certificate of our son (host) shows Father and Mother name. Passport copy of my wife also shows my name as husband"

Aside from birth cert as suggested i can upload copy of my mom's passport as well since husband name is mentioned in my mom's passport.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do you think that my father can mention below statement on my birth cert and upload as marriage proof of my parents:

"Marriage certificate is not available however birth certificate of our son (host) shows Father and Mother name. Passport copy of my wife also shows my name as husband"

Aside from birth cert as suggested i can upload copy of my mom's passport as well since husband name is mentioned in my mom's passport.
Perfect

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Bryanna,

You must be doing great as helping others is always a thing which makes you happy and esp. in the matters where there are no straight forward paths to follow. Hats off to you and all other members who are just making the best use of their time. Honestly!!

Now i'll post my question which is related to the online app for my parents they have filed only a week ago.

My father being the pricipal applicant is reflecting in online portal gckey appropriately i.e. "Primary". My mother being the spouse is also showing "Primary" in the online portal.

Is that anything which needs us to think and bring this into VO notice that xxxx (my mum) is spouse to the principal applicant. Or we shall just ignore it. I was thinking that it should not cause a delay however requesting an insight on the very issue (if it is said to be an issue :) )

PS: Please note that in the forms my mum is mentioned as spouse of principal applicant except in the family info form where it needs to be checked principal applicant so to state parents and siblings info for that person only.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks. Yup, I'm always happy to help anyone especially refusals or challenging cases.

Do ignore the double 'Primary' for the moment. The VO will assess their individual ties + individual finances (combined finances too) + the general purpose of their visit. As you've prepared their applications well, it would help.

In case you feel you've missed submitting some critical document, you can upload it through a CSE and request the VO to consider it. The waiting-and-guessing game has started :)

Cheers

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks Bryanna. I hope you were the VO who thinks that app is prepared well :)

Believe me i dont even want to imagine that i hv missed anything as it is so much frustrating when app gets refused (god forbid) and all ur efforts goes in vain for such a silly mistake. Even if there are genuine reasons to have the rejection stands valid, applicant and host both gets so frustrated....

The only item i can think off that last time app no. which starts with 'V' forgot to mention in the cover letter. Presumably they can retrieve any app with applicant name & dob. However i hope they dont go and compare the last app with the recent one.

U said it rightly, guessing and assuming game has been started...

Fingers crossed.

Best,

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Bryanna, hope ur doing gr8.

I was wondering that if my father should send a case specific enquiry and mention the UCI No. of previous application done in 2010. It was missed in the cover letter sent along with the app done recently. I beleive VO can retrieve any applicant's previous data by name and date of birth.

Pls adivse if CSE needs to be sent with old UCI No.

Slq

Feb 15, 2016
Hey everyone! I want to apply supervisa for parents in Pakistan. Im a pr holder and my spouse has canadian citizenship. I heard that medical insurance is $100,000 for each parent. Im gonna apply for manitoba province. Is there any option to buy cheap insurance cuz neither me or my parents can pay much. I will be having my valima reception in canada soon and i really want them to be here :( plz help. What option should i ho for

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, hope ur doing gr8.

I was wondering that if my father should send a case specific enquiry and mention the UCI No. of previous application done in 2010. It was missed in the cover letter sent along with the app done recently. I beleive VO can retrieve any applicant's previous data by name and date of birth.

Pls adivse if CSE needs to be sent with old UCI No.
It's not necessary. The instruction guide states an applicant can mention the UCI number if it is known, else it can be left as blank