+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for Parents

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Alrito sir. Thanks. I will see if I can apply for passport renewal and and get 10 years passport of i might apply using the same pp. By they way. How does TRV works?

For e.g. If my parents get visa in Jan 2018 till the pp expiry i.e. Mar 2019. So they can travel to canada any time between Jan'18 to Mar'19 despite visa is single entry they will be able to travel multiple times during the validity window or this happens in multiple entry visa only and single entry does not allow applicant to travel on same visa again even though person comes back before the visa expiry? Pls clarify

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
A single entry (as the term implies) allows only one entry during the entire validity of the TRV. Single-entry visas are usually given for a short duration. For example, 6 months' single entry TRV.

If your parents are issued multiple entry TRVs then it would be 1.5 years' MEV which would allow them to travel anytime + multiple times during that 1.5 years validity

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Bryanna,

I am now ready to initiate application process online. Your input is requested: I am mentioning probable answers (along with clarification for your ease) as well.

Q1. What is the main purpose of your visit?
A1. To visit family and/or friends.

Q2. Do you have a job in the country where you currently live?
A2. No (as my father is retired)

Q3. Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?
A3. No (as my father will travel with my mother and she does not have any status in Canada)

Q4. Why is your family member visiting Canada?
A4. Visit - All other types (Though I selected for my purpose of visit "To visit family and/or friends.". However family member purpose is showing Visit - Tourism apart from Visit - All other types, hence I did not select Tourism as my parents would like to see their children in Canada).

Q5. Does your family member want to apply for a Parent and Grandparent Supervisa?
A5. No

Q6. Are you giving someone access to your application?
A6. No. (However I will be doing application for my parents. shall i still select No)

Q7. Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
A7. Yes. (My parents got TRV rejected in 2010)

Q8. Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
A8. Yes. (Same reason as above in A7)

Thank you in advance.

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Dear Bryanna, in your view which documents I should provide from my side as a host to support my parents TRV app? I can think of following:

1. Invitation Letter
2. Copy of my Canadian Passport

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Also if you can please let me know who to address the invitation letter? My parents application will be sent online however they are Pakistani Citizen.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The invitation letter and/or cover letter must be addressed to the Visa Officer. Do check if the invitation letter must be notarized for Pakistan applicants

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
The invitation letter and/or cover letter must be addressed to the Visa Officer. Do check if the invitation letter must be notarized for Pakistan applicants
Thanks

Dear Bryanna, in your view which documents I should provide from my side as a host to support my parents TRV app? I can think of following:

1. Invitation Letter
2. Copy of my Canadian Passport
Can u pls let me know from ur experience if above cited dox from the host sufficient for trv.

Also i have sent u a PM. Pls see that as well.

Many thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks
Can u pls let me know from ur experience if above cited dox from the host sufficient for trv.

Also i have sent u a PM. Pls see that as well.

Many thanks
For host documents:
Invitation letter + Copy of your passport + NOA + your recent bank statement

You could post the list of documents for your parents if you need more advice/suggestions

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
For host documents:
Invitation letter + Copy of your passport + NOA + your recent bank statement

You could post the list of documents for your parents if you need more advice/suggestions
thanks bryanna. can you please see the private message i have sent.

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi Bryanna, one more query please.
Cover letter is required to be prepared separately from my father and mother or one cover letter from both would work? Pls advise

thanks,