+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for Parents

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hello Friends,

First of all I am so sorry if I have started a fresh thread even though all the same queries posted by other members are answered earlier.

Following are my queries related to supervisa for father and mother.

1. What is the minimum income requirement for the host in order to be eligible to apply super visa for father and mother. Considering I have 4 dependants living with me in Canada (1 wife and 3 daughters-all below 15 years).

2. Which documents will be required by my parents to send with application?

3. Which documents I need to provide as a host?

4. My parents are pakistani citizen and remaining validity of passport expiry is 1 and a half year. If they apply through these passports would they still be getting 10 years supervisa or till the passport validity period i.e. 1 and a half year.

5. Last question is related to insurance premium. Pls let me know with your experiences. Their age is between 70 to 75 years and my father had an open heart surgery in 2012. What would be the annual cost of insurance premium for my father and mother with minimal deductible.

Thank you all in advance...

Best Regard,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. What is the minimum income requirement for the host in order to be eligible to apply super visa for father and mother. Considering I have 4 dependants living with me in Canada (1 wife and 3 daughters-all below 15 years).
Your minimum income must be CAD 65,101 for 7 persons (you + your wife + three children + two parents)

2. Which documents will be required by my parents to send with application?
3. Which documents I need to provide as a host?
You can find more information here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/super.asp

These are only guidelines. You can always include additional documents to prove your parents strong ties to Pakistan (property/land ownership + good financials + family ties) + your financial investments, etc

4. My parents are pakistani citizen and remaining validity of passport expiry is 1 and a half year. If they apply through these passports would they still be getting 10 years supervisa or till the passport validity period i.e. 1 and a half year.
Super visas could be issued up to a maximum of the passport validity and not for 10-years.

In the case of your parents, with their current passports, they could be issued super visas for 1.5 years max. You may want to consider renewing their passports if it is possible before applying.

5. Last question is related to insurance premium. Pls let me know with your experiences. Their age is between 70 to 75 years and my father had an open heart surgery in 2012. What would be the annual cost of insurance premium for my father and mother with minimal deductible.
You'll need to Google and shop around a bit

Cheers

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Your minimum income must be CAD 65,101 for 7 persons (you + your wife + three children + two parents)
Many thanks Bryanna, really appreciate for ur response.

I have following query related to minimum income:

1. CAD 65,101 is before tax or after tax?

2. If I am unable to meet min. income req. Can my brother becomes co-signer in income with me since he is PR holder. However currently he earns and residing outside canada.

3. In case above option of my brother as a cosigner doesn't work, can my first cousin (son of my father's brother) becomes cosigner with me (He is living in canada as citizen and and earns much more than CAD 65k).

Many thanks once again...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. CAD 65,101 is before tax or after tax?
Gross income

2. If I am unable to meet min. income req. Can my brother becomes co-signer in income with me since he is PR holder. However currently he earns and residing outside canada.
No, your brother cannot be a co-signer. Only your spouse can be a co-signer + income must have been earned from Canadian sources

3. In case above option of my brother as a cosigner doesn't work, can my first cousin (son of my father's brother) becomes cosigner with me (He is living in canada as citizen and and earns much more than CAD 65k).
This is not possible

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
thanks alot for your swift feedback.

Can my cousin apply for my parents as his grand parents under family class sponsorship (when it will open in 2018)?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks alot for your swift feedback.

Can my cousin apply for my parents as his grand parents under family class sponsorship (when it will open in 2018)?
Son-of-your-father's-brother = Your cousin = Your dad's nephew

He is not your parents' grandson. He cannot apply for your parents under PGP sponsorship

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Thanks alot Bryanna. My queries are well answered.

Since minimum income is low so shall I try for my parents simple visit visa (multiple entry).

FYI I tried visit visa earlier in 2011 or 2012 but it got refused due to low income of host and they ticked i guess some more points like didnt satisfy the VO in proving ties with ur home country. Though my parents provided property documents and my father's office related activities still it got refused.

Thanks

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
One more thing i would like to mention that there was no travel history of my parents at the time of last visitors visa rejection. However VO didnt tick no travel history option. Now my parents passport has 3 or 4 visa stamps

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Since minimum income is low so shall I try for my parents simple visit visa (multiple entry).
That would be a better idea.

FYI I tried visit visa earlier in 2011 or 2012 but it got refused due to low income of host and they ticked i guess some more points like didnt satisfy the VO in proving ties with ur home country. Though my parents provided property documents and my father's office related activities still it got refused.
If your parents' financial situation is good then your income won't matter for their TRVs.

Your parents must demonstrate really solid reasons to return to their home country + a short visit of 2-3 weeks

One more thing i would like to mention that there was no travel history of my parents at the time of last visitors visa rejection. However VO didnt tick no travel history option. Now my parents passport has 3 or 4 visa stamps
If they have traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia then it would certainly help for their TRVs

Last edited:

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
If they have traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia then it would certainly help for their TRVs
They travelled 4 / 5 times to KSA to spend time with my brother and his family.

Secondly I was planning to apply multiple visa however you are saying visit for 2-3 weeks max. is preferable.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They travelled 4 / 5 times to KSA to spend time with my brother and his family.
This won't help unfortunately. CIC is looking for travel to countries requiring visas (e.g. UK, US).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Secondly I was planning to apply multiple visa however you are saying visit for 2-3 weeks max. is preferable.
A multiple-entry visa (MEV) and a visit of 2-3 weeks max are two different things.

You must request for a 2-3 weeks visit without indicating/stating that you want your parents to visit again in the future.

Also, depending on the assessments made by the visa officer, single-entry or a multiple-entry visas could be issued. BTW all TRV applications are automatically considered for MEVs

Last edited:

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi,

Need an insight on one more thing. I did the eligibility check on cic website which shows that can you apply online. So it gave me an idea that my parents may get upto the validity of 10 years of TRV.

Now the same question arises, validity of my parents passport is one and a half years. If things goes in our favour (which i wish) can they get 10 years visa on this passport or upto the validity of passport?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Need an insight on one more thing. I did the eligibility check on cic website which shows that can you apply online. So it gave me an idea that my parents may get upto the validity of 10 years of TRV.
TRV validity depends on a number of factors. There's no guarantee that it could be for 10 years. This in fact i.e. 10 years validity is incorrect because the maximum validity is until the passport expiry.

Now the same question arises, validity of my parents passport is one and a half years. If things goes in our favour (which i wish) can they get 10 years visa on this passport or upto the validity of passport?
The max. TRV validity with their current passports would be 1.5 years