Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Where is this application? Details
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is what showing on my mom's online acct, she applied on July 10th, got medical request on July 20th, she did her medical test on July 24th, Doctor said the test is fine, what the f is going on here? Are they really that slow?

Aarav5

Sep 6, 2017
Where is this application? Details
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is what showing on my mom's online acct, she applied on July 10th, got medical request on July 20th, she did her medical test on July 24th, Doctor said the test is fine, what the f is going on here? Are they really that slow?
Hi dear
I think we are in same boat... I applied for my mother's supervisa online frm Canada on June 30th..at present she resides in India.
It's almost 3 months ... still shows "in process" ... m really worried... bcoz my mother doesn't hav any travel history!!
Hard to believe that super visa applications take that long...??
Anyone else experiencing same delay?
Please share

BHAV

Aug 1, 2014
Applied supervisa for one parent on 20th Aug at VFS Chandigarh and received stamped passport on 21Sept..Thanks for support

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Awesome..congrats.
I think I made big mistake by applying Online..??
It doesn't matter if you applied online or at a visa office, each application is unique and time taken to process them may vary due to several reasons. I applied for my mother-in-law in July got it approved within 15days and applied for my mom and dad end of July and got it approved in less than 10days. While a friend of mine who had an application very similar to mine applied in June and got it approved in first week of September.

chrism22

Sep 27, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-11-2017
Med's Request
29-11-2017
Med's Done....
14-12-2017
my parents are already old and they do not have any bank account, is this mean they are not eligible to apply, but I will mention on the invitation letter that we will support their travel and living expenses. please give me some advise, thanks

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

Can you please tell me that what are the ways to provide the proof of income requirement for Super Visa? Thanks

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^NOA or employment letter with salary or T4

So I got the atip notes and there was a furtherance request - emed on JULY 31, which we did not receive the email or somehow the mail got lost idk, so strange that they would sent a mail instead of email, now we are patiently waiting for 2 months and counting for their email reply if they will ever reply. so frustrating

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
my parents are already old and they do not have any bank account, is this mean they are not eligible to apply, but I will mention on the invitation letter that we will support their travel and living expenses. please give me some advise, thanks
A bank account in their name helps in some cases but is not necessary. Since you are applying for a Super Visa for your parents and you are their sponsor, all you need to show is your financial standing (T4s, NOA, Payslips, bank account statements, etc) and not theirs.

Reactions: chrism22

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
A bank account in their name helps in some cases but is not necessary. Since you are applying for a Super Visa for your parents and you are their sponsor, all you need to show is your financial standing (T4s, NOA, Payslips, bank account statements, etc) and not theirs.
Hey do CIC need NOA or just a employment letter and payslips stating how much you earn a year?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hey guys

So can I create a new mycic account for my parents to submit the application? Because they have applied through a representative before so I don't know whether I can submit using new account or have to get the information for the old account back from the representative.....

Please advise

Thank You

InstaAl

May 24, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am prepping the Super Visa application for my parents, so this is really encouraging. I have few questions that hoping some of you can answer.

I am a Canadian citizen, and meet the income requirements for Super Visa comfortably. I recently got engaged and am planning to get married next summer in Toronto. I want my parents to come and help me plan the wedding and stay with me for an extended period of time.

My parents live in Bangladesh. My dad is 61 and mom 57.

I am not sure how important “ties to your home country” are for Super Visa applications.

My parents have assets, properties and a constant flow of stable income through investments etc. My grandma (dad’s mom) lives with my parents (they are her primary caregiver) but will be staying with one of her other kids while my parents are away. However:
  • my sister (my only sibling) also lives in Canada (she is on a post-grad work permit)
  • my parents do not have much recent travel history (apart from multiple visits to India). They have never visited Canada.
  • mom doesn’t work (she has never worked). My dad used to own his own business but now manages his investment properties/investments that he can manage remotely while he is away,
How can they best demonstrate ties to their home country? Would they need to write a letter/affidavit?

Also, is there a good example of an invitation letter anyone can share that I will need to write?

InstaAl

May 24, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am prepping the Super Visa application for my parents, so this is really encouraging. I have few questions that hoping some of you can answer.

I am a Canadian citizen, and meet the income requirements for Super Visa comfortably. I recently got engaged and am planning to get married next summer in Toronto. I want my parents to come and help me plan the wedding and stay with me for an extended period of time.

My parents live in Bangladesh. My dad is 61 and mom 57.

I am not sure how important “ties to your home country” are for Super Visa applications.

My parents have assets, properties and a constant flow of stable income through investments etc. My grandma (dad’s mom) lives with my parents (they are her primary caregiver) but will be staying with one of her other kids while my parents are away. However:
  • my sister (my only sibling) also lives in Canada (she is on a post-grad work permit)
  • my parents do not have much recent travel history (apart from multiple visits to India). They have never visited Canada.
  • mom doesn’t work (she has never worked). My dad used to own his own business but now manages his investment properties/investments that he can manage remotely while he is away,
How can they best demonstrate ties to their home country? Would they need to write a letter/affidavit?

Also, is there a good example of an invitation letter anyone can share that I will need to write?
Anyone? Please help..!

@Visitor

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Anyone? Please help..!
for super visa there is not much requirement from your parenets, it is mainly your income + insurance that plays big role in it... if you meet income requirment then you should be good... i would recommend that you just mention that they want to have a vacation and attend your wedding.... planning a wedding or doing work might not be good reason as they cannot work on visitor's visa...

here is a good sample letter https://toronto-notary-public.com/sample_invitation.htm

anohter thing i would reommend you is to apply online because paper based application is very generic for so many different purposes for example, visitor and super visa have kind of same checklist but if you answer questions online and create your profile then your checklist will be customized based on your responses... so this will eliminate your confusion about strong ties, etc. becauae the super visa checklist for online application doesn't include any of that....

hope that helps!