+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Can somebody tell what is the approval rate or chances for Super Visa id your income here is above LICO requirement, permanent job and parents funds are also okay and they have reason of returning.
Rejection mom - twice
dad - once for visitor visa earlier
I am planning for engagement or marriage next year so calling them on super visa.

Bala007

Jan 7, 2013
Hello friends,

I have applied for my mother supervisa.She got the visa 2 weeks ago But we had change of plans for obvious reasons.

So I want to cancel the insurance...but insurance provider is giving me tough time cancelling..after a long back and forth now they r asking my mothers passport copies of all pages ... literally they want the visa copy

I told them I got the visa and agreed to pay a 150$ fee for cancellation

Is it normal insurance providers asking for visa copy . And is it secure to give the visa copy to them

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hey guys, can I create a new mycic account for my parents? They applied through a agency before to get their visa but now I want to do it for them. Not sure if I can submit their application through new account or do they have to get their old account back from the agent? How do that work?

Please advise me

Thank You

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello,
My mom just got approved her super visa, she got 3 yrs super visa, that is in accordance to her passport expiration. My questions is, do I need to buy a return flight to her home country, or just a one way flight coming to Canada.Is the immigration will look into her return flight? Thanks

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Sharing my Mother in law's timeline (Manila office)

June 9- application submitted
June 10- application received
June 20- Medical request
June 23- Medicals done
June 26- application updated (Medical Passed)
July 20- PPR
July 26- Passport received with Visa stamped!

Goodluck Everyone! Godbless!
Hi , did you buy a return ticket for your mom, or just one way coming to Canada? What else did they check in the immigration

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Hey guys, can I create a new mycic account for my parents? They applied through a agency before to get their visa but now I want to do it for them. Not sure if I can submit their application through new account or do they have to get their old account back from the agent? How do that work?

Please advise me

Thank You
You can very well create a new mycic account for them nothing wrong in that. :)

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
You can very well create a new mycic account for them nothing wrong in that. :)

Thanks for answering my question :) Its just because my parents doesn't know English that well so if they do need their account from their agent, they probably won't know how to ask for it but anyways thanks man :D

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Hello,
My mom just got approved her super visa, she got 3 yrs super visa, that is in accordance to her passport expiration. My questions is, do I need to buy a return flight to her home country, or just a one way flight coming to Canada.Is the immigration will look into her return flight? Thanks
I don't think super visa visitors need a return flight ticket. My mother-in-law and mom got their visa's approved and are flying in to Canada in September. I haven't bought them return tickets, all they will be carrying will be a one way ticket, passport (ofcourse), copy of health insurance and the invitation letter that I wrote for their visit.

But having said this, I read some forum posts where the border officers didn't ask for a return ticket but they were asked for return tickets by the airline authority and were denied to board unless they have a return ticket. So now am confused too! Maybe we should start a new thread to get some more attention.

Reactions: LOVK

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
I don't think super visa visitors need a return flight ticket. My mother-in-law and mom got their visa's approved and are flying in to Canada in September. I haven't bought them return tickets, all they will be carrying will be a one way ticket, passport (ofcourse), copy of health insurance and the invitation letter that I wrote for their visit.

But having said this, I read some forum posts where the border officers didn't ask for a return ticket but they were asked for return tickets by the airline authority and were denied to board unless they have a return ticket. So now am confused too! Maybe we should start a new thread to get some more attention.

ok thanks, just keep me updated, I already bought a ticket for her too without the return flight. But I asked my friend whose parents is also here in Canada with super visa as well, they never bought a return flight, and never had a problem with the immigration in Vancouver

Sep 2, 2017
Hello Everyone

I have applied for my mother's super visa in may 2017 all process till end was super smooth. I got passport request for her on Aug 04 send the passport but didn't hear anything back yet. I am lil worried as it took long is it normal?

Thanks

Lotus_flower

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
I have an urgent question regarding LICO
I am planning to apply for a Super Visa for my mom. I am single and don't have kids.
My mother is married and has a 23 yeard old kid (my brother).
When calculating LICO do I count EVERYBODY in my family (my mother, father, my brother) even if it is ONLY my mom that is planning to visit?
Or do I just count myself and my mom?
I am very confused cuz that determines whether I am eligible to apply or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........