+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Substantial Document to represent the " Reference Letter Requirement"

Jaguar

Mar 30, 2010
I already have an LMO ( Caregiver) and all the necessary documents are already completed except for the "Reference Letter" of my current employer. The sponsor refused to issue a letter due to un-acceptable reasons.

What should I do?

Is there any alternative substantial document to substitute for this matter?

In my passport residence permit’s page, it has the details of my Sponsor’s information (Name, address, Occupation and National ID) as well as my Occupation, Passport No., Valid Residence Permit Number. Do you think guys it would be acceptable to CIC for Work permit processing?

Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Jaguar said:
I already have an LMO ( Caregiver) and all the necessary documents are already completed except for the "Reference Letter" of my current employer. The sponsor refused to issue a letter due to un-acceptable reasons.

What should I do?

Is there any alternative substantial document to substitute for this matter?

In my passport residence permit's page, it has the details of my Sponsor's information (Name, address, Occupation and National ID) as well as my Occupation, Passport No., Valid Residence Permit Number. Do you think guys it would be acceptable to CIC for Work permit processing?

Thank you
Why do you need a reference letter? What visa offcie are you applying to?

Jaguar

Mar 30, 2010
I am planning to submit my Application for Work Permit in CIC Abu Dhabi since I am currenly working here in Middle East.

Jaguar

Mar 30, 2010
As Per CIC Abu Dhabi Website:

2.6 Are there additional requirements for live-in caregivers?

Yes, in addition to the standard requirements for a temporary foreign work permit application, live-in caregivers must provide:

A completed Live-in Caregiver Supplementary Information Form PDF* (112 KB);
Copies of your marriage certificate and birth certificate(s) of your children, if applicable;
A copy of your live-in caregiver training certificate of completion and transcript of records, if applicable;

Copies of your secondary and/or post-secondary education certificates including your school transcript of records, if applicable;

Employment reference letters with details of your past and/or present live-in caregiver experience or experience in other related fields. Letters must indicate periods of your employment, a list of your responsibilities and complete contact details of the undersigned employer, if applicable.

Jaguar

Mar 30, 2010
Employment reference letters with details of your past and/or present live-in caregiver experience or experience in other related fields. Letters must indicate periods of your employment, a list of your responsibilities and complete contact details of the undersigned employer, if applicable. [/i][/color]
[/quote]

Does it mean experience in non-caregiving job no need to submit a reference letters? Please confirm if my assumption is correct.

Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Jaguar said:
Employment reference letters with details of your past and/or present live-in caregiver experience or experience in other related fields. Letters must indicate periods of your employment, a list of your responsibilities and complete contact details of the undersigned employer, if applicable. [/i][/color]

Does it mean experience in non-caregiving job no need to submit a reference letters? Please confirm if my assumption is correct.

Thank you
What about your tax return- does it not say there the type of job you hold? Also, your job contract specifies the title of job and the duties and responsibilities that come with it. If your employer will not give you a reference letter, try submitting these in lieu of the ref letter. Write a letter to CIC explaining the fact.

carameljam

Mar 23, 2018
Hi Jaguar,

Did you try to submit your job contract from previous employment as an alternative since you don't have any reference letter?

I'm also applying as Caregiver. I already completed the necessary documents for my Work Permit Application exept for the reference letter. Can you please share any sights?

I'm really worried.