+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting documents to WES

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
From what I understand, the transcripts are to be sent directly by the university, but the degree certificate is to be sent by you. They are different documents to prove different things. I had to do the same.

My university sent my transcripts directly to WES. I requested them to put my reference number on the envelope which they did. Then I sent a copy of my diploma and put the reference number on the envelope as well. They were able to connect the two and evaluate.
Not necessarily. I sent both mysef in a sealed envelope stamped by my uni. Every country has its own requirements.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
With WES you just gotta follow what they say and hope all things come out good. It does take a length of time for them to get it all done so please don't wait.

Then if you do have a question to raise, the only way I found was to use their website and write in. And it will take them a long time to reply to. So it can be a very frustrating experience if you need to go through that. If your degree is from a reputable university and country it shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah in the end I paid to DHL my copy from here and then paid my University in England to DHL their copy from that side... now I wait

But my IELTS is only set for the 2nd of June so if my calculations are correct I should get WES and IELTS results around the same time to apply in early July, just as I get a year older and less employable ;)

GillJoburg

Nov 15, 2018
Gavin

Im from Joburg, living in New Orleans - sorry just stumbled across this, so not in Canada.But I am trying to get my UNISA credits evaluated. And the problem Im having with WES is that they want me to contact UNISA and get them to send the academic record to WES in a sealed envelope.- how the heck? Ids the same UNISA I know? How did you get it done - who did you send the request to. I saw you musing over mmhh how can I do this in a boer maak n plan kinda way. lol. Had a good laugh about that. I thought the same. Made south african sense.

Twinlee

Jan 17, 2019
Hi there, did you eventually come right? I'm trying to also get my transcripts from UNISA and not managing to find the correct people to ask.

GillJoburg

Nov 15, 2018
All I managed to get from UNISA were the academic records. I sent an email to : : study-info@unisa.ac.za telling them I needed the records of my credits, so I can get it evaluated. I had completed a DSR08 something like that and attached it. You can find the form on UNISA's site - just search for it from the main page. or even through google. I dont even think you need the form. But do it anyway.
Then I got an email reply from them a few days later with a pdf of my transcript. And later from international@unisa.ac.za I recvd a signed transcript - signed by the dean I guess. Showing all of the subjects I passed with credits etc. This was around late dec 2018 early jan. Then...this week I recvd the originals (the signed academic records) in the mail. It had taken something like 10 weeks to come through the mail. But all in all, they were pretty helpful and prompt in their responses.
So, that is what happened regarding UNISA academic records. Found out though that getting them EVALUATED is another story. I havent tried doing it yet, because I certainly dont have 300 bucks to shell out. Im planning on doing it soon though. I dont have a choice - I will have to use SpanTran, WES or one of the bigger ones. Such a scam. These bastards.