+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting documents to WES

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
So possibly a strange question...

I have signed up and paid WES and have requested my university to send them the copies from there side and now I need to send my copies.

But the idea of printing them and posting seems so stupidly archaic so I'm wondering if there is a better way?

I was thinking maybe emailing my documents to a printer in Canada and getting them to print and deliver, seems like it could be the quickest way to get them there.

Has anyone done something like this or can recommend options, or is it just me who has an issue with physical documents in 2017 :)

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
What's the difference between what the Uni is sending and your copies?
I have no idea, according to WES I need to post my documents and then request that my university sends copies as well?

Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates issued by the institutions attended (To be submitted to WES by applicant. )

AND

Transcript of academic records issued by the institutions attended - showing all subjects completed and all grades/marks awarded for all years of post-secondary study (To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended)

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I have no idea, according to WES I need to post my documents and then request that my university sends copies as well?

Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates issued by the institutions attended (To be submitted to WES by applicant. )

AND

Transcript of academic records issued by the institutions attended - showing all subjects completed and all grades/marks awarded for all years of post-secondary study (To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended)
Right.. yeah I get you now.

In my case it made sense because the certificates/transcript were put in a sealed envelope that had the Uni's stamp. No other way to prove their authenticity except to mail them.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Right.. yeah I get you now.

In my case it made sense because the certificates/transcript were put in a sealed envelope that had the Uni's stamp. No other way to prove their authenticity except to mail them.
Oh I'm not mailing the ones from the university as that's in a different country to where I live now.. I'm still trying to convince them to send them but that's a problem for later today.

I'm more talking about the copies I have that I need to send.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Oh I'm not mailing the ones from the university as that's in a different country to where I live now.. I'm still trying to convince them to send them but that's a problem for later today.

I'm more talking about the copies I have that I need to send.
Yeah I understand. You're saying that since they're copies, why the need to be posted and not emailed :)

In my case, I had the option of sending everything myself instead of the institution, so using the post was mandatory because of the sealed envelope thing.

J-A

May 11, 2017
So possibly a strange question...

I have signed up and paid WES and have requested my university to send them the copies from there side and now I need to send my copies.

But the idea of printing them and posting seems so stupidly archaic so I'm wondering if there is a better way?

I was thinking maybe emailing my documents to a printer in Canada and getting them to print and deliver, seems like it could be the quickest way to get them there.

Has anyone done something like this or can recommend options, or is it just me who has an issue with physical documents in 2017 :)
I would suggest you to simply do as they say or you will receive an objection. Make sure you mention you WES Reference Number on the envelope, as they trace all documents through the reference number. If they specifically ask you to send them some documents, the courier envelope must have your country's residential/courier address as sender's address. Avoid further hassles and follow the process.

J-A

May 11, 2017

AND

Yeah see its pretty clear here.

You need to send the degree certificates , and
Your institute will send the transcripts.

They are both different documents. I also sent documents in a similar manner, and got my ECA done easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: sureshlike

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017

Your institute with send the transcripts.

They are both different documents. I also sent documents in a similar manner, and got my ECA done easily.
yeah you're probably right... just feels so archaic.

sureshlike

Sep 24, 2016
New Delhi

Your institute will send the transcripts.

yeah, you are absolutely right..these two documents should be put in one big envelope and to be sent..only these are required..

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
I sent copies of my degrees, etc. in the same envelope as my two sealed transcripts from the University of Cape Town and Unisa.

ankusikk3

Apr 26, 2017
Apparently, the procedure to accept the documents by Postal mails and Express Couriers is set so as to monitor and track the receipt of each and every document. Now WES may not be willing to open another channel for receiving the documents Like email or hand delivery.
More important, the documents (the transcripts) from University are required to be in a sealed envelope. So electronic method is not possible.

carborundum

Apr 17, 2017
USA
From what I understand, the transcripts are to be sent directly by the university, but the degree certificate is to be sent by you. They are different documents to prove different things. I had to do the same.

My university sent my transcripts directly to WES. I requested them to put my reference number on the envelope which they did. Then I sent a copy of my diploma and put the reference number on the envelope as well. They were able to connect the two and evaluate.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
With WES you just gotta follow what they say and hope all things come out good. It does take a length of time for them to get it all done so please don't wait.

Then if you do have a question to raise, the only way I found was to use their website and write in. And it will take them a long time to reply to. So it can be a very frustrating experience if you need to go through that. If your degree is from a reputable university and country it shouldn't be a problem.