+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Rejection (Pakistan) - IMP - PLEASEE HELP!!

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017

Hello Everyone,

I got an offer in a Master's program at the University of Waterloo. I applied for my study permit on the 15th of May 2017, with the following documents:

1) My sponsor's (maternal Aunt's spouse - who is a Canadian national) bank statement for the last two years (90,000 CAD), income tax returns, property documents, employment letter, revenue department of Canada's statements and affidavit of support to finance me - he mentioned they have no children and then will support me financially holistically.

2) official family tree document showing that the sponsor is my maternal aunt's spouse

3) My own statement of purpose (SOP) entailing how this master's program is in line with exactly my job and bachelor's. Also, I explained hos this degree will help in further consolidating my position at work, at my current organization.

4) Attached my bank statement to show that I have running income from job and I will chip in to cater for my finances as well, as much as I can (6000 CAD)

5) Study Leave letter from employer - my employer wrote a letter explaining that I have been granted a study leave for the duration of the program, once it is finished, I will return to this organization in Islamabad, Pakistan

6) I attached affidavit of support along with property evaluation certificate from my father as well - stating that in-case I need any financial assistance he will dispose of the asset and use it for me

VISA rejection based on these points (& my personal assessment):

1) Ties to your country of residence - I have shown them (family tree) and explained in the SOP that I am the only son and as per norms of our religion/culture/society, son has to provide and take care of the his parents + I attached Study Leave letter from my current employer

2)You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your study period, in reaching this decision following are the factors I have considered:

a) purpose of visit - Attached University's acceptance letter, explained precisely and concisely how this program is inline with what I want to do, actually wrote two paragraphs on it

b) personal assets and financial status - my sponsor is showing 90000 CAD bank statement along with other evidence

I WOULD HIGHLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT IN UNDERSTANDING HOW TO CONTROL THE DAMAGE AND REAPPLY. (I can certainly share my SOP/other documents if someone needs clarification)

Time is money, folks, I have to apply within two weeks, because my program starts 5th September 2017.

ps - my program offers no deferral, so reapplying after realigning my strategy is the only option; and I do not want to waste another year.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Harris Azhar
0092-333-1301303
harris@pakistan-china.com
harrisazhar130@gmail.com

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Its simple. Visa officer is not satisfied with your arguments. You are being sponsored by your maternal aunt's spouse. Visa officer clearly understands that in our culture relatives does not take care of children's financial needs. Rather parents do this. So this sponsorship thing is just a way to apply for the Visa.
They believe that you intent to permanently settle down in Canada. After that having your parents in Canada is not a big deal.
I would not suggest you to reapply. As your case is not very strong and flawless.
Justifying everything is not only enough. What matters is that your justifications needs to carry weight.

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017
Hey,

Thank you very much for your message.

So I am going to reapply & I'm changing my sponsors (my father is selling one of his assets to become my sponsor).

With all the other documents that I attached last time, I'll get am affidavit of support from my father - would that be sufficient/"justified" , as per your understanding?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hey,

Thank you very much for your message.

So I am going to reapply & I'm changing my sponsors (my father is selling one of his assets to become my sponsor).

With all the other documents that I attached last time, I'll get am affidavit of support from my father - would that be sufficient/"justified" , as per your understanding?
Hey man... what happened... did you get visa ? pls. do let me know as I a m going to reapply ..