+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused in LA because I have not complete medical exam

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
Hi everyone,

I applied my study permit online in mid of Apr. and it was processed in LA. After 2 months waiting, they refused my application, because I have not complete a medical exam! I NEVER got a notice or instruction for that. I've been living in China last year till March, so if I enter Canada in Sep. It's like I stay in China for just more that 6 months(maybe 10 days more), that means I should have a medical exam. OK then it's so strict, but at least they should notice me how to have an exam. They just refused me!

Now I tried all methods to contact them, and spent 125 for a new application. I just feel there would not be enough time to have the study permit.
LA office don't reply email, fax, and no phone call. What should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hi,

sorry to hear about that. I am waiting for study permit decision from LA as well. Still nothing from them, so I would probably take precaution measures after reading your post. Could you give some details about your time line -- file date and refusing date? and how you have received refusion from LA ?

And one more thing, that might clarify your and my cases - have you ever received another medical request, e.g. for extending visitor record? My case is I first extended my visitor permit, following by medical request from CIC, but I didn't do it awaiting second medical request for study permit from LA office. Probably they will never send me this one.

Thanks for sharing this.

changgong123

Jun 12, 2013
molotoff1984 said:
Hi,

sorry to hear about that. I am waiting for study permit decision from LA as well. Still nothing from them, so I would probably take precaution measures after reading your post. Could you give some details about your time line -- file date and refusing date? and how you have received refusion from LA ?

And one more thing, that might clarify your and my cases - have you ever received another medical request, e.g. for extending visitor record? My case is I first extended my visitor permit, following by medical request from CIC, but I didn't do it awaiting second medical request for study permit from LA office. Probably they will never send me this one.

Thanks for sharing this.
It takes almost exactly 8 weeks. They refused me with a message in CIC system. I guess if you have not been in those countries(which need medical exam) for longer than 6 months within the one year before you enter Canada. You don't need an exam.

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
CIC (Alberta, Vegreville office) has already requested medicals for my new visitor record. Therefore I suspect LA office might have seen that request in their database (or whatever they use to track cases), and afterwards they are keeping silence expecting I will do medicals for my new visitor record with no extra request. That is really bad, since I haven't done my medical for visitor yet -- and it may cause the same result as in your case. And yes, they didn't reply on any single message I sent them, so I have no way to get some vital information from them or even any sort of confidence they've got my enquiries.

cathyzho1

Jun 29, 2013
Hi guys !

Thanks you for your information in these forums!
I have read clearly your history of the application for study permit with LA office. I wish you all the best luck to get it finally.
I feel confused about my case. Can you give me some advices ?

My case is that : I have gone back to China from March- MAY, three months. But before, i am always in Canada with my Old Study permit.
This time, i came back to Canada with a tourist visa. I came back to canada on June 3th with a tourist visa of 6 months and because my old study permit has been expired. I should apply for a new Study Permit with office in LA to continue my studies in Canada.

Do you think it is also necessary to do a medical exam since i have been in China only 3 months ?
Thank you very much ! :D

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
I also applied for study permit in LA.(10th June). No updates till now. Do you guys know which months files are currently processed in LA consulate ?
Anyone got study permit from LA till now ?

cathyzho1

Jun 29, 2013
Someone told me in totally 6-8 weeks in LA !
I want to know also someone has successfully got a study permit in LA ?

Cristinaett

Jul 3, 2013
Hello!!

I'm living in Toronto right now but I'm venezuelan I apply for a student visa-permit on LA office on May 1st and they don't answer my emails. Its been more than 2 months and I need my passport to go to my country. Anyone knows how much are they taking to do this? i know about the strike but they had my passport for 2 months now and their page says is minimun 30 days!

Any information that you can give me will help!! I'm desperate!! HELP!

Thanks!

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Guys, we should start a list where everyone should add their profile.

1. shradzsaraf - Applied 10th June - Under processing(Study Permit)

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Any Updates Guys from LA office ?

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
I found some timeline information here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiuSdyNH3asgdGYwejlJenlQVjNsRXlKVzA2UElwcmc&rm=minimal#gid=0

If you look through the spreadsheet, there is a guy who applied and got his visa in 77 days + passport delivery.
I am waiting even bit more than 77 days now, and there is still no any feedback (neither medicals nor current processing information). It is really up to your patience and confidence about this consulate guys, nothing more.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
molotoff1984 said:
shradzsaraf,

are you applying from within Canada?
No, i am applying for US.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
molotoff1984 said:
I found some timeline information here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiuSdyNH3asgdGYwejlJenlQVjNsRXlKVzA2UElwcmc&rm=minimal#gid=0

If you look through the spreadsheet, there is a guy who applied and got his visa in 77 days + passport delivery.
I am waiting even bit more than 77 days now, and there is still no any feedback (neither medicals nor current processing information). It is really up to your patience and confidence about this consulate guys, nothing more.
Thanks for sharing this spreadsheet, seems we have to wait a lot to get study permit. Anyways good luck for the visa and i hope we all recieve ur passports with visa soon.