+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension rejected while studying please help me out

Che123

Oct 18, 2017
Hi please help me out from this situation, i will be very thankful to you...

My last study permit was valid till 4 aug and i applied for the study permit extension on june 14 so that i will apply for work permit. But i got rejection on study permit application after the expiry of my study permit i.e on 10 aug. Due to this, i came under restoration status without any fault. The reason behind the rejection was “the enrolment letter was not currently issued from the college”. But eight of my friends got their permit on the same letter with the same conditions, that seems to be unfair. Moreover, they had not asked me to submit current enrolment letter. I completed my studies on july 28 and i also get the completion letter from my college in the mid of august. Then i reapplied for the study permit extension with restoration and work permit recommended by CIC. (Processing time 4 months and restoration time is 90 days)
I hadn’t done anything wrong.
As we know there is a condition who want to apply for work permit, person must have valid study permit because of this condition i applied for study permit extension
Do anyone of you have any recommendation for me how to tackle this situation?

N

newtoexpressentry

why didnt u apply for PGWP between 28th july and aug 10th?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds like you've done the right thing (i.e. applied to restore your status, extend your study permit and also apply for the PGWP). I don't think there's anything else you can do at this point but wait.

Che123

Oct 18, 2017
It sounds like you've done the right thing (i.e. applied to restore your status, extend your study permit and also apply for the PGWP). I don't think there's anything else you can do at this point but wait.
Thanks for the reply
Wait is the only option I understand
As processing time is about 4 months
Do i have any other option if they reject for some reason?

humber07

Oct 20, 2017
I am under the same situation. I completed a 1 year course from Niagara college. and then was studying at Humber when my study permit extension got rejected stating that enrolment was not correct. I immediately applied for restoration . My questions is :
1. If the restoration is granted will they issue a study permit or a visitor record?
2. Is an interview required for the restoration?
3. Can I apply for a PGWP after (if) my restoration is granted?

Che123

Oct 18, 2017
I am under the same situation. I completed a 1 year course from Niagara college. and then was studying at Humber when my study permit extension got rejected stating that enrolment was not correct. I immediately applied for restoration . My questions is :
1. If the restoration is granted will they issue a study permit or a visitor record?
2. Is an interview required for the restoration?
3. Can I apply for a PGWP after (if) my restoration is granted?
As per my knowledge
If u had applied for restoration of study permit then u will get study permit, not visitor.
I don’t think so interview is required
Yes u can apply for pgwp after restoration but under 90 days right after completion of your last studies.

humber07

Oct 20, 2017
But this is confusing what is stated on the CIC's website. I quote

Process at the CPC-V
Step 1
The CPC-V receives the application and ensures that all the required documentation and fees are included.

Step 2
If the applicant’s status has expired or they are otherwise in violation of the Act or Regulations, the officer

• writes a report outlining the allegations of the violation; and
  • assesses the applicant’s eligibility for a restoration of status.
    • If the applicant is eligible for restoration
      The officer proceeds with the assessment of the application (medical results, bona fides, etc.).
      If all other requirements are met, the officer issues a visitor record (or appropriate permit) outlining the conditions for the restoration of status. The document is mailed to the client.
    • If the applicant not eligible for restoration
      The Minister’s delegate decides on a disposition for the case. The following options are available:
      • refer the case to an admissibility hearing,
      • issue a departure order, or
      • allow the foreign national to remain.
    • If the applicant requires a medical examination
      The following are mailed to the client:
      • a medical examination form [IMM 1017],
      • panel physician list, and
      • instructions.
    • If an interview is required because the applicant’s purpose is suspect or because the officer intends to refuse the application and needs more detailed information
      The file is referred to a local IRCC office near the applicant’s place of residence for further assessment.
Step 3
At the interview, the officer either approves or refuses the application.

• If the restoration is granted, a visitor record or appropriate permit outlining the conditions for the restoration of status is issued to the applicant.
  • If the restoration is refused, the decision is communicated to the applicant. A letter is given to the applicant notifying them of the refusal and the reasons for it.

Che123

Oct 18, 2017
But this is confusing what is stated on the CIC's website. I quote

Process at the CPC-V
Step 1
The CPC-V receives the application and ensures that all the required documentation and fees are included.

Step 2
If the applicant’s status has expired or they are otherwise in violation of the Act or Regulations, the officer

• writes a report outlining the allegations of the violation; and
  • assesses the applicant’s eligibility for a restoration of status.
    • If the applicant is eligible for restoration
      The officer proceeds with the assessment of the application (medical results, bona fides, etc.).
      If all other requirements are met, the officer issues a visitor record (or appropriate permit) outlining the conditions for the restoration of status. The document is mailed to the client.
    • If the applicant not eligible for restoration
      The Minister’s delegate decides on a disposition for the case. The following options are available:
      • refer the case to an admissibility hearing,
      • issue a departure order, or
      • allow the foreign national to remain.
    • If the applicant requires a medical examination
      The following are mailed to the client:
      • a medical examination form [IMM 1017],
      • panel physician list, and
      • instructions.
    • If an interview is required because the applicant’s purpose is suspect or because the officer intends to refuse the application and needs more detailed information
      The file is referred to a local IRCC office near the applicant’s place of residence for further assessment.
Step 3
At the interview, the officer either approves or refuses the application.

• If the restoration is granted, a visitor record or appropriate permit outlining the conditions for the restoration of status is issued to the applicant.
  • If the restoration is refused, the decision is communicated to the applicant. A letter is given to the applicant notifying them of the refusal and the reasons for it.
Sorry, i have no idea about this