+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

status of child in canada born to illegal or person as visitor

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Can CBSA deny entry to visitors on the basis of pregnancy?
They can, they have, they will, and they should. I am surprised they are still allowing children born in Canada to non-Canadian parents to be citizens. The citizenship by birth should stop. Only US and Canada are still doing it.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gakkusandhu said:
thnxs for giving this information........
can the parents of child apply for stay in canada on behalf of the baby........
thnxs
so you just wanna have a baby for papers or whatever you will name it? what a stupid and selfish parent u are , you bring the baby to this corrupt and polluted world and meet the best selfish parents , wow, no wonder the government keep changing the law everyday :eek:

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amir Khan said:
Hi Leon,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I spoke the visitor. They are not interested in any claim of citizenship for their own. They just want the kid citizenship only.

As per you reply the kid will get it. True?

Amir
Yes, they will get citizenship for their child. They need to get the birth certificate, take it to the passport office and get a passport. Then they can leave again.

Before all this, they do however have to make sure they have a visa to enter Canada, to enter early enough that the pregnant woman is still allowed to fly and they need to think about where she will give birth and how they are going to pay for it. If they have a chance to opt for a home birth with a midwife, that will be the cheapest option. However, if there are complications and hospital is needed, the bill can quickly skyrocket.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
CanV said:
They can, they have, they will, and they should. I am surprised they are still allowing children born in Canada to non-Canadian parents to be citizens. The citizenship by birth should stop. Only US and Canada are still doing it.
With no string attached, I or any of my relative do not have any such kid, just for discussion.

I am wondering what's wrong if some people by some legal means are trying to secure the future of their Children in Canada or in US. They are paying all the expenses of birth of a Child in addition to other expenses. We should look more sympathatically that there are conditions in this world where people are suffering and looking to get out to have better life (just like most of us), now some of the parents see that their country would not able to provide their kids, good society, education or freedom so they are trying to secure the future of their kids by sacrifising their saving /earning. I do not support any illegal means but by legal means don't you think we want the same thing for our Kids.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HHH2000 said:
With no string attached, I or any of my relative do not have any such kid, just for discussion.

I am wondering what's wrong if some people by some legal means are trying to secure the future of their Children in Canada or in US. They are paying all the expenses of birth of a Child in addition to other expenses. We should look more sympathatically that there are conditions in this world where people are suffering and looking to get out to have better life (just like most of us), now some of the parents see that their country would not able to provide their kids, good society, education or freedom so they are trying to secure the future of their kids by sacrifising their saving /earning. I do not support any illegal means but by legal means don't you think we want the same thing for our Kids.
The point from CIC was that some of the non-Canadian PR/CTZ parents giving birth to children in Canada do not pay all bills from the hospitals and that amount became burdens of all the other tax payers, which is unfair. (refer to http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/birth-tourism-may-change-citizenship-rules-1.1164914)

People enjoy the benefits, but some don't respect the obligations and try to play with the system, and thus might just make everyone else not able to benefit from it. To secure the future of the children is perfectly justified, but the question to ask is, at what price, and who is paying for it.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Just want to mention the case that I knew lately. The visitors, none of them was diplomat, gave birth in Canada but their child can't have citizenship. When applying for their child's Canadian passport, the passport was refused. This happened in Nov 2014.

Just for your information. I don't mean to say anybody here right or wrong. The government decided what they want to give and take.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
links18 said:
Can CBSA deny entry to visitors on the basis of pregnancy?
They can and they do.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think even at the airports too, if you are pregnant and you have no clearance from your doctor to go on vacation, you will be stopped and denied entry by CBSA officers. Also, I think recently a non PR/citizen gave birth and the child was denied citizenship (which should not have been). The parents were investigated and all indications pointed to them using the child as a means for papers. Please keep in mind that if you are trying to beat the system and are caught, you make it very difficult for others following the system legally and you may be banned from entering the country for a number of years. Be ethical!!!

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
newtone said:
I personally think they should, its not a written rule but if I understand correctly people have to do medicals for visitor visa
Medicals aren't required for visitor visas

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gakkusandhu said:
hi.......
plz help me that what is the status of the child born to a person on tourist visa or an illegal in canada...
will d child be canadian citizen.... will the child b having the same rights as others.......
wt will be d status of his parents.......
thanks.....
I sincerely hope that you or your friend does not proceed with it. Ruining a family is not worth getting some papers for the child. You will not achieve any dreams...

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karenv said:
The visitors, none of them was diplomat, gave birth in Canada but their child can't have citizenship. When applying for their child's Canadian passport, the passport was refused. This happened in Nov 2014.
If the parents were not employees of an embassy or diplomats themselves, the child is a citizen. Perhaps the passport was denied for another reason? Passport and citizenship is not the same.

HHH2000 said:
I am wondering what's wrong if some people by some legal means are trying to secure the future of their Children in Canada or in US. They are paying all the expenses of birth of a Child in addition to other expenses. We should look more sympathetically...
One way to look at it is to ask who is being harmed. In this case, the health care system is being (even more) overburdened. If the bills aren't paid the hospitals and the tax payers are being harmed. The education system might be harmed. The welfare system might be harmed. Etc. etc.

None of that is great, but my concern is that there is a lot of political concern about this loophole currently. Ambitious parents coming here just to give birth are relatively privileged and are looking to secure further privilege for their children. But if "birth tourism" continues and grows in Canada, birthright citizenship will be outlawed. Politicians are looking for reasons to outlaw it. Because it's a loophole that wasn't intended to aid the mobile and ambitious. It was never intended as a congratulatory benefit given to those who are able to hop on a plane.

It was intended to ensure that everyone who ended up here would be equal from the moment of their birth. It's designed so that children of pending or refused refugee claimants don't end up stateless. It's designed so that students who get pregnant don't have to quit their studies. It's designed so that the children of temporary workers aren't stateless and have a right to education and social services.

The stateless children who will be born in Canada when and if birthright citizenship is repealed are the ones who will be harmed. Birthright citizenship is for those who have no choice. It's intended to make sure that the truly desperate don't fall through the cracks.

It's not a prize for the ambitious and the mobile.

If you want to come to Canada, you should apply on your own merit.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
elieen is bang on. It is a loophole being exploited. And it is the people who exploit these loop holes that cause resentment against immigration in general and rally people to petition the government to not just close the loophole but shut the whole thing down. It's why in Ontario you have to wait 3 months to get health coverage because people exploited the system back then. When some people use the system to their advantage, it ends up ruining it for everyone.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, I don't know how many people are this thread are people who have actually given birth, but I'm guessing it's just me. (?)

It's not something to mess around with. Asking a pregnant woman to go to an unfamiliar place where no one knows her, where she might not speak the language and where people aren't expecting her and don't even want her there is the most insanely messed up thing you can do. FREAKING INSANE.

It will go against every fibre of her instinct at that moment. And there is more wisdom in that instinct than you could know. Seriously, don't toy with it.

And I can imagine that some people think: "Oh well, yeah, so it goes against a woman's 'instinct', who cares? Get over it. A Canadian passport for my kid is important."

Seriously, YOU should get over it because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Giving birth is not a time to be wandering around looking for someone to take you in from the storm. It's not a time to show up in a weird place and throw yourself on the mercy of strangers. Women do that, of course, but it doesn't come from a place of ambition. It comes from desperation.

Your ambition will cause actual harm to the desperate. And that's not something I'm sympathetic to.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
eileenf said:
Also, I don't know how many people are this thread are people who have actually given birth, but I'm guessing it's just me. (?)

It's not something to mess around with. Asking a pregnant woman to go to an unfamiliar place where no one knows her, where she might not speak the language and where people aren't expecting her and don't even want her there is the most insanely messed up thing you can do. FREAKING INSANE.

It will go against every fibre of her instinct at that moment. And there is more wisdom in that instinct than you could know. Seriously, don't toy with it.

Giving birth is not a time to be wandering around looking for someone to take you in from the storm. It's not a time to show up in a weird place and throw yourself on the mercy of strangers.
While I agree with you, but understand that if you are relatively privileged and have some money, the birth tourism industry is quite sophisticated (depending on your home country). There are brokers who will organize everything for you (as if you were going on a group tour). You just show up and you are driven to your temporary residence and you have people taking care of you, will find and book an appointment with doctors and hospitals, etc. You will have a translator. Other than the pregnancy itself, there is minimal additional stress at all to the mother at all.

http://world.time.com/2013/11/27/chinese-women-are-flocking-to-the-u-s-to-have-babies/

And if you are not privileged and do not have money, I still understand why people would go through with it anyway. You want to give your child the best chance of success. If you are from a poor country, a citizenship in a developed country can make a huge difference. When you have nothing else to provide, this is huge. I don't agree with birth tourism but I certainly see the appeal.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
CanV said:
Most countries in the Western Hemisphere do this, it is one characteristic of states that were founded largely by migrants and don't define themselves by blood or ethnicity.