+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa - Exorbitant Fees to Join Incubator Program?

MWIN

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Essentially all incubators work on the same basis.
Startup visa is genuinely for large companies or folks who are serious into establishing business.
For individuals it is buying your way into pr at the cost of 300 to 350k.
Moreover the amount will be deposited into escrow and the company will use amount to establish your business at least the register part etc and only then apply to cic where a peer check will take place. If your are not approved, you will get half of your money back if you are lucky
Few people have been granted and many waiting for pr.
To me it is crazy to spend 350k for pr.
Cheers
The underline bold italic phrase is not what CIC says. According to CIC website, you don't need to establish business to apply to CIC to get peer check. Actually application and peer check must be done before you can come and establish your business.

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
Any update on the situation? I would be very much interested to join a business incubator, but, it doesn't seem right to
ask any money but viable business plan and potential to join them. If that's true, its much easier to get E2 investor treaty
visa in USA

Reactions: mamad611

Maryheth

Jan 24, 2018
Hello, I know this is an old treat but, we faced a similar situation with a incubator from Vancouver, they ask ud around 30k CAD and no more for be accepted and issue the letter. We were in process with another incubator, we told them about this situations and they were really worried because this isn't normal and correct. So if you face some similar situation please suspect, because practical you are "buying" the PR, and that not correct!

Reactions: Trungpv Anco

mpnpb17

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Start Up visa is for any specific business which can attract investment from Canadian investors. Any type of legal business can attract investment from investors, so its like partnering with the investing company. Its a way for the investors to attract EMPLOYEES (you WORK for company) and setup a company which otherwise would cost them huge to setup a similar business which provides such services or products.

Final decision is made by cic anyways.

I, believe anyone interested in investing only for the purpose of PR should do so by PNP nomination. Its faster than any other ways. And also you will have worked inside a Canadian company (you may be a partner or owner) by the time you get a PR. If your business fails at all, You can still claim points under general express entry.