+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start up visa

sam987

Aug 28, 2017
So I'm currently thinking about starting my own business in canada and I came across this start up visa program. I have a business idea that I think is viable and profitable, but I'm kind of anxious about the process.
Has anybody here been through this before ? If yes, please can you share your personal experience ?
I will be so grateful ^_^

Matt99

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Same situation for me
But I didn't understand how long does the process takes?
I've seen on a journal that on 2000 visas only 100 are approved.:(
Anyway if you think your idea is enough strong try the visa.
Good luck!

sam987

Aug 28, 2017
That's exactly why I'm feeling a little anxious. On the other hand I red that the biggest challenge was to convince investors to invest in your business and that most of the applicants didn't get through this part of the process. That's why I'm reaching out for those who already went through it for guidance and advice.

Matt99

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Luckly there are a lot of angel investors and venture capital funds.
This mean that there are a lot of opportunities if an investor decline your plan
there are other 30 40 ready to see your plan

Matt99

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Are you already the owner of the company?
Because I didn' t understand how to respect the owners requirements if the company still doesn't exist

sam987

Aug 28, 2017
When you reach out to the investors, you tell them that you're asking for x amount of money in exchange of y% stakes of your company. To meet the owner requirements you have to hold on to 50% of your company