+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION - LONDON OFFICE (I THINK?) - HELP?

Mar 24, 2015
First off, I've been reading postings on this forum for the past several weeks and I'm really impressed by how helpful and informative the moderators are. I've tried searching for any rules for posting but to no avail and apologize in advance if this has already been addressed elsewhere. If you could lead me to any pertinent links, I'd be very appreciative.

Here are my stats:

Application: Spouse Sponsorship
Visa office: London, UK
App. Filed.......: 20-11-2014
AOR Received.: 13-02-2015
Med's Done....: 15-09-2015
Sponsorship status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received

According to the website, a decision was made on the sponsorship part of the application and a letter was sent to our mailing address on 17/02/15. It's now over a month and we still haven't received this letter. I contacted the London visa office, who replied almost immediately by email and stated that they have no record of our application and to try the Ottawa office. I contacted Ottawa CIC on 16/03/15 and haven't yet heard anything (I acknowledge it can take up to 20 days according to the website). I'm worried our letter has been lost in the mail or worse yet, our application just lost.

Could anyone offer any advice on how to proceed? What is stated in this mysterious letter? Help?

Thank you kindly! And feel free to update spreadsheet!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Here is the Family Class section of the forum http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/.

Here is the London thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.16065.html.

Despite saying that a letter was sent, they don't usually send an actual physical letter. They usually send an email, so I suggest checking your spam folder to see if it went there. It basically says: You're approved as a sponsor, app has gone to X office, please contact X with any further inquiries.

Many London apps are actually being retained in Mississauga or sent to Ottawa due to the London backlog, so there is no need to worry that London doesn't have it or that it may be lost.

You could call the call centre and say that you didn't receive the sponsor approval letter. They *may* (the call centre is not known for their accuracy or reliability) be able to tell you what office is processing your file.

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
Based on my experience, even though they said that a letter was sent, they don't usually send an actual physical letter. My husband was emailed my SA letter, so i strongly suggest checking your spam folder to see if it went there.

I am London applicant and i opted for Outland Application and my forms were sent to Mississauga for processing. Why dont you give them a call. They were quite helpful to me few times i called.

Mar 24, 2015
Thank you, Canuck_in_UK. I'm so impressed by everyone's knowledge and expertise on the subject... I checked my spam box but to no avail. I did receive an email as an acknowledgement of our application but it mentions nothing of the processing location so I'll try to make contact with the call centre, as you suggested. Thank you as well for the links!

Mar 24, 2015
Yomaben - thank you for your words of encouragement. I love this site, it's better than buzzfeed!

I had checked my Spam folder but it only goes back about a month so perhaps it did land there and is now deleted. Out of curiosity, would that letter have been sent to the sponsor or the applicant?

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
I think its worth giving them a call

mujeerna

Jul 4, 2015
Hey SpidersfromMars I am in the same as you... For me I sent my completed application on December 16th, 2014
they sent me correspondence on March 10th, 2015 saying that I am eligible to sponsor and under decision made it says that applicant's medical results have been received...
My question is can you tell me the number where I can call and ask on which stage is my application and whether it is being processed in London or is it backlogged?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mujeerna said:
My question is can you tell me the number where I can call and ask on which stage is my application and whether it is being processed in London or is it backlogged?
There is no number to call besides the call centre and they can't give you any information. The visa office will be listed on your Sponsor Approval letter.