+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) Online Applications - July 2017 Spreadsheet

Oct 6, 2017
Hi all

I have written my details in spread sheet.. I applied on 29 july for spouse open work permit medicals passed on 4 august but after that no update till now.. This is 10 th week from date applied.. Any one applied after 29 july has update??

Reactions: Appu140688

Siddharth89

Jan 18, 2017
Hey everyone,

I have talked to IRCC via Member of Parliament from Canada. I got the response saying they require to do additional review on the file. I have applied on July 3rd for SOWP for my wife. I hope this information helps you out.

Thanks,

Siddharth Trivedi

Last edited:

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
Hey everyone,

I have talked to IRCC via Member of Parliament from Canada. I got the response saying they require to do additional review on the file. I have applied on July 3rd for SOWP for my wife. I hope this information helps you out.

Thanks,

Siddharth Trivedi
Hi Siddharth,
I did the same thing as you did ,got help from Local MP to get hold of application status and I applied for my Wife on July 15th and she also told me the same thing that they are doing an additional check on your wifes' admissiblity.

Thanks
Parth Patel

majidqayyum

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh (Paper Based Application)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (Overall 6.5 band) no less than 6
File Transfer...
14-07-2014
Med's Request
Waived off
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
How hard is it to get help from Local MP in getting a support letter for visa application assistance (for SOWP) ?

Also, I am on a PGWP and not a PR yet.

Thanks for your help.

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
How hard is it to get help from Local MP in getting a support letter for visa application assistance (for SOWP) ?

Also, I am on a PGWP and not a PR yet.

Thanks for your help.
Using your postal code find your local MP and explain your situation and if they are helpful then they ask for your details and take follow up on your file but contact them only if you are over the processing time posted on CIC website.

majidqayyum

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh (Paper Based Application)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (Overall 6.5 band) no less than 6
File Transfer...
14-07-2014
Med's Request
Waived off
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
Using your postal code find your local MP and explain your situation and if they are helpful then they ask for your details and take follow up on your file but contact them only if you are over the processing time posted on CIC website.
I have also heard from people that they get a support letter from MP for their application. Not sure though.

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
I have also heard from people that they get a support letter from MP for their application. Not sure though.
Me neither but I did take the help of MP to know the status of My wife Work permit application.
As you know that how well high commission or visa office New Delhi are very helpful

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Yeah tats right.. some consultancies and lawyers in Canada get this done just to be on a safer side.. Ppl n MP office will readily help Yu out..

ShaileshKeskar

Oct 29, 2017
Dear All,

I have query on Spouse Open work permit. I am an Indian citizen and have applied for Canadian WP and expecting to get my and family TRV stamped in next few days. I will travel first and then my family will accompany me in next few days (spouse and kid)

My spouse is also working and she is looking for opportunity within her organization. Now my question is, can i apply for her open work permit while being in India before i travel to Canada. If this is possible then i assume that she will get her OWP when she reach Canada. Also i think after OWP approval i dont have to send her passport again to embassy since Visitor visa is already there. And would she be able to continue with her existing organization on similar OPW. Whats the duration for getting OWP approval considering that she already had her Visitor Visa.

Regards
Shailesh Keska