+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

Ashnasan1

Oct 3, 2017
Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on 30.12.2014 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in India)
Spouse has 2 previous visa rejections both student and visitor.No representative was used

Medical Request- on Jan 10th 2015
Medical Passed Medicals Done - on Jan 20th
Medicals Passed - on February 4th 2015
Passport Request - February 15th
Passport Submitted - February 19th
Visa Approval - February 26th

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter tab (both mine and husbands)

i hope this helps someone out there
Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on 30.12.2014 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in India)
Spouse has 2 previous visa rejections both student and visitor.No representative was used

Medical Request- on Jan 10th 2015
Medical Passed Medicals Done - on Jan 20th
Medicals Passed - on February 4th 2015
Passport Request - February 15th
Passport Submitted - February 19th
Visa Approval - February 26th

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter tab (both mine and husbands)

i hope this helps someone out there
What all are the required documents frm both side.

Mary222

Sep 2, 2017
Hello guys ,
please help me , I have made my GC account and answered questions for OWP but the forms which are available for me which i need to upload does not show a place to upload any proof of relationship. Since my spouse is on SWP and I want to upload our marriage cert and pics. Where shall I upload?
Hi. You can attached it together as one file with the letter of explanation.

chincho

Mar 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am currently on a study permit doing my PhD in Canada. My Spouse and my child are currently in India. I want to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit and Visitor Visa for child.

I intend to apply online, I am confused regarding one thing, do I need to submit the application through my CIC account (through which I submitted for my study permit) or I need to create a new account for my spouse and then apply through that. Also after filling up the questionnaire the documents did not mention any proof of relationship, neither did it ask for my study permit. what to do in that case?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

trupti8490

Jul 26, 2017
hi i applied for my husbands open work permit from canada. my huband is in india. if they need some additional documents they will ask us right?
because i have attached some additional document in letter of explanation but i am just worried if i missed something they will ask us or they will just refuse it?

Garv83

Sep 6, 2017
Dear Guys ,

I have applied SOWP on 15th October. Do you suggest me going for medical now if that could speed up the process? or shall I wait for their status to ask for medical?

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
hi i applied for my husbands open work permit from canada. my huband is in india. if they need some additional documents they will ask us right?
because i have attached some additional document in letter of explanation but i am just worried if i missed something they will ask us or they will just refuse it?

yes they will ask, can u pls share your timeline

MASOOD85

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
19-06-2015
I applied for SOWP, I want to check the processing times , so I need to select work permit extension (New employer) or I need to select only work permit.

Because both have different processing times.

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I applied for SOWP, I want to check the processing times , so I need to select work permit extension (New employer) or I need to select only work permit.

Because both have different processing times.

u have to select work permit-> the country from which u have applied

KoreanYOON

Oct 31, 2017
Hi guys, i am studying in college, full time student. I married 3 months ago and my wife applied for her TRV right after marriage. But it was refused due to the couple of ridiculous reasons.
I am from South Korea and my wife is from Phillippines
And she applied for Spouse open work permit this time. Following is the timeline so far.

2017 Sep 26th - application submitted
2017 Oct 13rd - medical requested
2017 Oct 14th - Medical test submitted
2017 Oct 20th - Police check requested
2017 Oct 27th - Police check submitted

Then, we are waiting for the result now.

I am concerned that my wife visa would be refused again.

Do you guys have any idea if those medical and police check requests are good signs?

Thanks,

Nobod

Sep 28, 2017
Hi guys, i am studying in college, full time student. I married 3 months ago and my wife applied for her TRV right after marriage. But it was refused due to the couple of ridiculous reasons.
I am from South Korea and my wife is from Phillippines
And she applied for Spouse open work permit this time. Following is the timeline so far.

2017 Sep 26th - application submitted
2017 Oct 13rd - medical requested
2017 Oct 14th - Medical test submitted
2017 Oct 20th - Police check requested
2017 Oct 27th - Police check submitted

Then, we are waiting for the result now.

I am concerned that my wife visa would be refused again.

Do you guys have any idea if those medical and police check requests are good signs?

Thanks,
dude unless your wife is a criminal I think you'll be fine. it's just routine check, some application certainly undergo more verifications that other but at least your application is being looked at, not forgotten like many of us here. sit back a relax everything will be ok