+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

mith89

Aug 4, 2017
HI. I will b am intrnational student from jan 2018. Whaen can i apply for my wife for OWP? I can aplly at once in jan 2018 or do i have to wait for som mnths?

Sarah-cl

Jun 15, 2017
Hi everyone
I was nominated for the province on July 15, on July 28th I did the application (from inside Canada) for a new closed work permit (for me and my husband, we work at the same company, but I have NOC B, his NOC is D, we don't need to do medicals), until today I have no answer, I am still waiting, my current work permit is for only 1 week more, I know that I can keep working under "Implied status" but I feel really nervous.
Has anyone been in the same scenario than me? what do you think? maybe we are having a problem with our application?

Thank you!
Sarah

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
For your information :
I have work permit and stay in canada around one month and applied for my family ( open work permit for my wife and tourist visa for my children around 20 days before , fortunately one day after biometric test they got passport request .

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I applied for my wife's SOWP on June 28th, still waiting for my wife's OPW. Seems like it's taking time for all.

If I check online, it seems like they are currently working on June 15th application.

BTW: I am on a student permit.

Anyone who has applied after June 28th and got the application approved?

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
I applied for my wife's SOWP on June 28th, still waiting for my wife's OPW. Seems like it's taking time for all.

If I check online, it seems like they are currently working on June 15th application.

update times on their websites are delayed on purpose. they are currently processing June 20th applications as per this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-graduate-work-permit-processing-time-pgwp.481328/page-75
I am sure in a week or two you will get some updates to your account.

Reactions: andy_2016

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront

Did you apply for her SOWP together with your study permit or separately?

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Dear Friends,
I have received study permit and I am traveling to Canada in December. My wife is planning to apply for Open work permit and jon me in Canada. We are planning to submit online application. While trying to file application online, she got request to submit below documents:

1. IMM1295 - Application for work permit made outside Canada
2. IMM5707 - Family Information form
3. Passport
4. Digital Photo
5. Request for medical exam
6. Proof of relationship
7. IMM5257 - Application for temp resident visa
8. Latter of explanation

None of the documents in the checklist ask about my study permit/VISA details or sponsorship letter. Also none of the documents talk about availability of funds, proof of employment or any other documents to verify links to home country.

Is this the case with others filing online as well? Or Did she miss or answer any questions wrong that lead to different supporting document requirement.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Did you apply for her SOWP together with your study permit or separately?
Hi MarisaMS,

No, I didn't. What I would advise you is not to apply together. You could do what I did.

a. Applied for my permit.
b. When I got my permit, we applied for my wife Visitor Visa.
c. Applied for SOWP from inside Canada. That way I have my family with me, while we were waiting for visa results.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you need any other detail

Reactions: MarsiaMS