+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

Shaldar

Mar 16, 2017
You can fill up the Web form for IRCC Delhi.Officially now the processing time is 11 weeks and since it has crossed for you,they might look into it.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Shaldar said:
You can fill up the Web form for IRCC Delhi.Officially now the processing time is 11 weeks and since it has crossed for you,they might look into it.
I did that 2 weeks ago, but that was general case specific form.

Should i do again in IRCC Delhi ?

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
jsghai said:

I submitted a CSE by email and Web form but no reply yet. You can try sending again.
Have a question, I did not submitted any financial proof only the Job letter of my husband. Do you think I should send financial proof and how much and is it OK if my husband provides his Canadian bank statement?

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
winner98 said:
I submitted a CSE by email and Web form but no reply yet. You can try sending again.
Have a question, I did not submitted any financial proof only the Job letter of my husband. Do you think I should send financial proof and how much and is it OK if my husband provides his Canadian bank statement?
My understanding is, if he has a job, that should be sufficient. Submit his job offer letter, and atleast three recent pay stubs. You need not submit other financial proof, like a big sum in bank account. That's mostly for people on study permit.

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
paul234 said:
My understanding is, if he has a job, that should be sufficient. Submit his job offer letter, and atleast three recent pay stubs. You need not submit other financial proof, like a big sum in bank account. That's mostly for people on study permit.
I already have submitted his Employment letter which has details of his salary and since when he is working and it is a permanent job. I submitted it with the application. Do you think I should send the payment stubs now or the bank statement or just wait :-(

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
jsghai said:

Did you submit specifically to Delhi office?
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
From what the call centre person told me, the general web form submission will also be directed to the visa office based on our application num.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
winner98 said:
I already have submitted his Employment letter which has details of his salary and since when he is working and it is a permanent job. I submitted it with the application. Do you think I should send the payment stubs now or the bank statement or just wait :-(
I sent couple of documents through webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx) and I got confirmation email saying it has been received. Help centre person I talked on phone confirmed it has been added to my file, but is up to the discretion of the officer to whether consider that document or request it again.

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
paul234 said:
I sent couple of documents through webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx) and I got confirmation email saying it has been received. Help centre person I talked on phone confirmed it has been added to my file, but is up to the discretion of the officer to whether consider that document or request it again.
Yes Paul I used the same link. As well as I sent email to Delhi immigration email

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
winner98 said:
Yes Paul I used the same link. As well as I sent email to Delhi immigration email
Employment letter I did not submit via email. I uploaded it initially while applying

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hello guys, my wife applied for SOWP - Online from Brazil on 1st March but we haven't heard anything yet. Any idea about timeline?

She submitted all the necessary forms including my 6 pay statements, my PGWP copy, and our marriage certificate. I believe that my pay statements must be enough for fund requirements as I saw some other people in this group did the same. The PGWP job I d comes under NOC -B and my employer gave me a properly detailed letter, however, it did not mention if it is a term or not but it mentioned that I have been working for 18 months now. The only thing I might have missed is my passport copy also along with hers. I don't remember the URL but there was a checklist and I did help her collect all the required documents.

we are a bit worried now. it does say 10 weeks on the website and it's 6 already, I hope it works out for me and all other people waiting here.

sagar_vad

Oct 1, 2012
Question about Inland Sponsorship OWP

Here is some background:-

Just done with my landing here in Ottawa CIC office last week. Now, am working on spousal sponsorship who currently stays with me (inland). am planning on sending the application along with landing docs first and then post AOR will send details about PR card later.

Here is my question:-

Can I submit my application now and once post AOR, apply for OWP online instead of paper based (along with sponsor app) so as to get the work permit faster??

Note: my wife is already on a work permit right now which is due expiry in June.

amanxdeep

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
question guys. How long it take to get PPR after medical request ? Apr 27 applicant, Medical request June 05, medical done June 07.

Aug 1, 2016
Hey guys.... i applied for sowp on 17th april... did upfront medical tests and sent the e-medical report to my lawyer on 27th april so that he can upload it. He said he uploaded it but i dont know what went wrong and i received a mail from cic for medicals on 5th june. Lawyer said maybe the e-medical was not properly attached or maybe the format was wrong.. he said he will again attach the e-medical and will submit it... so my ques is will that medical report be enough or ill have to take out the print out of the form that cic sent and go for medicals again???

Please share your views..
Lawyer said that the medicals are valid for 1 year so we can submit them anytime and the file will be processed.

Jun 9, 2017
Hi. on April 6 i applied for spouse open work permit for my wife. I received email for interview. Just wanted to know is it normal or something went wrong?