+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Work Permit refused - what now?

Pikandpok

Mar 11, 2017
Good Morning!

I am quite upset, as me and my husband were nominated by Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program to apply for PR and Work Permit.
This morning, we've got news that my husband's work permit was processed and his passport is required. My work permit, however was not approved (see the 2 reasons why below). Does this mean that i cannot join him at all to live in Canada? We applied for PR but that will last forever as i have not even received UCI.
What should i do? It must be a way. I come from Europe, i am visa free in Canada, but being there as a tourist is not helpful when it comes to healthcare, etc. Also we would like to have children, we are not at the point where we are willing to live in separate countries, life is too short. Sorry, I am just very very upset about this. I have extensive work experience, Master's in Business Administration, got IELTS CLB 8. We've declared lots of funds, that we've gathered for 5 years. What options do I have left?

Reason 1:
You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you.
Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process.

Reason 2:
I am not satisfied that your spouse is working in a NOC 0 A B occupation, therefore I am not
satisfied that you are eligible for an open work permit.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Pikandpok said:
Good Morning!

I am quite upset, as me and my husband were nominated by Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program to apply for PR and Work Permit.
This morning, we've got news that my husband's work permit was processed and his passport is required. My work permit, however was not approved (see the 2 reasons why below). Does this mean that i cannot join him at all to live in Canada? We applied for PR but that will last forever as i have not even received UCI.
What should i do? It must be a way. I come from Europe, i am visa free in Canada, but being there as a tourist is not helpful when it comes to healthcare, etc. Also we would like to have children, we are not at the point where we are willing to live in separate countries, life is too short. Sorry, I am just very very upset about this. I have extensive work experience, Master's in Business Administration, got IELTS CLB 8. We've declared lots of funds, that we've gathered for 5 years. What options do I have left?

Reason 1:
You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you.
Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process.

Reason 2:
I am not satisfied that your spouse is working in a NOC 0 A B occupation, therefore I am not
satisfied that you are eligible for an open work permit.
Firstly, I understand that your husband has been nominated, not you. This appears to be Reason 1. You are presumably just a dependant. This is important distinction, as it means that an OWP for you is dependent on his employment NOC. This appears to be Reason 2.

You have three alternatives to remaining outside Canada.

1. Accompanying as a "visitor/tourist".
2. Obtain a closed work permit in your own right.
3. Your husband obtain employment at the required NOC level to entitle you to a spousal OWP.

AlbertaStar

Feb 15, 2017
I would try it again after you and your husband arrived in Canada
because i think you get your wp after your husband start's to work in Canada

Does have your husband a joboffer?
If yes..... in which NOC?
In which Manitoba-PNP-stream got your husband the nomination??

hnny_123

Apr 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I would like to get some suggestions regarding my spouse open work permit.

I was on study Permit when I applied for Spouse Open work permit first time, and it got rejected stating that " Not satisfied with the relation".

Then the second time I applied again with an explanation letter and some proofs to show that we were in a relationship along time ago before I arrived Canada.

It got rejected again stating that " Not satisfied with the legitimacy of marriage".

Now i am on Open Work Permit, and my NOC skill is B. I have already applied for my AINP(spouse included as a dependent) and expecting to receive nomination next month. I would like to get some suggestion, what should i do next? as i want my spouse to be here.

what are the chances of SOWP or Visitor visa after receiving AINP.

Thanks

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
They don't trust your affair .Provide a marriage certificate with wedding pictures.And get a Pastor to write you a letter that you are married